No announcement yet.

New La Dea Rising - Serie A 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roma need to hope that Spezia are safe before the final game, in order that Mourinho can taste that Conference League glory (possibly a final v Spurs, ironically), with the carrot of EL qualification in 2022-23.

Comment

Well Spezia are safe after beating Toro 4-1. That's now 11 goals conceded in two games. if Benevento avoid defeat tomorrow, then it will go down to the final day. Genoa - Atalanta was a corker, with La Dea three up at halftime but clinging onto a 3-4 lead at fulltime. They have now qualified for the Champions League for the third year running and our favourites for second/

Comment

Holy suffering Jaysus, I missed this. Talk about crawling over the line.

Comment

I think they are struggling to reach crawling speed.

Comment

if benevento beat crotone tomorrow i suspect theyll put torino down unfortunately

Comment

The VAR should have made the referee look at the telly for the last juventus penalty. Cuadrado kicked perisic, not the other way around.

Comment

Yes, a little odd that the most contentious goal decision of all (imo at least) was the one he didn't go to the screen to have another look at. I couldn't see how he could be so convinced, unless his angle gave him what had to a warped picture of what happened. Crazy game. I thought he made a bit of a rod for his own back with first pen decision.

Comment

Good win for Napoli changes the CL qualifying odds again and leaves Juventus greatly reliant on other results. I think Napoli and Milan just need home wins v Verona and Cagliari respectively (Milan due to superiod head to head results).

Assuming Juventus miss out, coefficients of the Italian clubs are quite low (20, 26, 27, 53) so I'm not sure how that will affect them in the draw. Inter are in Pot 1 and Milan would be in danger of Pot 4, e.g. Milan are below Leicester, Rangers and some of the other sides in the Champions Path.

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert...trank2021.html

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedcl2021.html
                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 16-05-2021, 14:26.

Comment

Benevento concede a 92nd minute goal against 10 men Crotone. If Torino get a point ( highly unlikely) against Lazio in midweek they are safe, otherwise it's down to the last day, with Torino needing a point and Benevento a win to stay up.

Comment

Roma win in the derby, not that it really mattered for either side. Lazio had some outside hopes of qualifying for the CL, but that wasn't going to realistically happen. I haven't watched Roma's last few league matches. Decided to take a break from the pain and enjoy the Europa run instead. Although I guess I should have enjoyed what there is left of the pre-Jose tenure when things will get really bad.

I didn't watch the Inter-Juve match but I'm not surprised. Cheating Juve always get help when help is needed. I liked Pirlo as a player but having Juve miss out on a CL spot would be wonderful news. If only the same thing could happen to Juve and Bayern multiple years in a row.

Comment

You have missed the emergence of Ebrima Darboe, a 19 year old Gambian who arrived in Italy 5 years ago as a refugee. The games I have seen him in he does look out of place, definitely one for the future.

Comment

Lazio - Torino is scoreless at half-time. First 43 minutes were completely forgettable until Immobile has a goal disallowed. As it stands Toro are staying up.

Comment

Immobile misses a penalty - Toro have about 6 minutes to endure

Comment

Lazio hit the post in the 95th minute - and Toro survive!

Comment

We don't make it easy on ourselves.

Comment

Good news from Serie B, where Berlusconi's Monza plans have hit the buffers, as Citadella set up a Veneto play-off final derby against Venezia - so a side who've never played in Serie A meet one who were last in the top flight in the year 2000.

Comment

Juventus in the Champions League places at the moment, come on Bologna ffs.

Comment

Roma down 1-0 early at Spezia, which would give the last European place to Sassuolo
                                      Jive up early at Bologna

Comment

Juve.get a second
                                        Right now Napoli are odd man out

Comment

Milan score from a penalty against the run of play in Bergamo, making Napoli's lot worse

Juve are now 3-0 up

Spezia get a second and it looks like Jose will have his midweeks free next season
                                          Last edited by ursus arctos; 23-05-2021, 19:38.

Comment

Napoli have scored. Milan in second have 79 points. Juventus in fifth have 78 points. That's pretty tight. If atalanta equalize, they will finish second and milan will finish fifth. This is pretty tense.

Comment

Emerson leao hits the post when through on goal. That might well have been curtains for juventus.

Comment

If Juve catch Atalanta on goal difference (is that the decider for same points in Serie A) then I think an investigation of Bologna player bank accounts will need an examination.

Comment

The bastards will pull it off. You know it and I know it.

Verona have equalized.

Comment

The first tiebreaker is head to head, which is why Atalanta can't fall out of the Champion League places

Comment

Working...
                                                    X