No announcement yet.

New La Dea Rising - Serie A 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-1 after 15 minutes, with both veteran strikers scoring (Ibrahimovic and Dzeko).

Comment

As with the first half Roma concede two minutes into the restart - maybe a side-effect of putting the clocks back at the weekend?

Comment

Ibra brace, two velvet-soft penalties and a 3-3 draw, Great game with abysmal refereeing and defending.

Comment

Originally posted by Gert from the Well View Post
          Ibra brace, two velvet-soft penalties and a 3-3 draw, Great game with abysmal refereeing and defending.
          I listened more than watched. It seemed like Roma's awarded penalty was a mistake. ESPN announcers talked about the ref not going to VAR, which is odd. Those early goals in each half should be a serious concern. Basically the team wasn't ready to play.

I posted last time, that Roma has looked good against teams that won't compete for runner up spots to Juve and will probably struggle against the other pretenders. And here we go. This was the first Milan game I saw (as much as I did see) and they didn't look that great, which means Roma don't look that great either.

Comment

So the BBC league table is messing with my head- have Napoli been docked a point..?

played 5, won 4, points...11?!

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
              So the BBC league table is messing with my head- have Napoli been docked a point..?

played 5, won 4, points...11?!
              It's all a bit complicated they were docked a point for refusing to travel to Juventus due to two players having Covid-19, with Juventus awarded a 3-0 walkover. According to the leagues rules they should have played as games can only be cancelled if the team has less than 13 fit players. however they were advised by the local government not to travel. So this will go to appeal so at present the league standings are all up in the air.

Comment

Excellent and surprising 2-0 win by Sassuolo at Napoli.

Comment

Oddly Roma's defense continues to shine this season and now the problem is scoring goals across Europa and the league. Sunday saw a good result against Fiorentina (2-0). The first Roma goal was a lot of luck as bad passes took lucky bounces and Roma scored. The second goal was much better with Mikhitarian sending a perfect cross through the six yard box and Pedro tapping it in. Fiorentina never really troubled Roma at the back. I don't remember more than a couple shots and then when Fiorentina went down to 10 men very late, that was that.

Comment

Insigne with a superb free kick for Napoli to mark the sad death of Diego Maradona, fitting tribute that brings a tear to the eyes.

Comment

Mertens with the third, one of only two players to outscore Maradona at Napoli as well as being being given Diego's middle name as a tribute by Napoli supporters.

Comment

It ends 4-0

An absolutely fitting tribute Roma never had a chance

Comment

Possibly exhausted by their efforts at Anfield, Atalanta went down surprisingly tamely 0-2 at home to Verona yesterday.

Comment

I'm 82 minutes into the Napoli-Roma game and am done. I see above that so are Roma. I think Roma played football for 5 minutes so far. Pitiful, but good for the Napoli fans.

Comment

Bologna 1 Roma 5 at half time?
                              What's going on there then?

Comment

Was just coming to post: Six different Roma players score goals, although one was an own goal. Really the scoreline is both representative of the match and a bit off. Roma were really, really good in the Bologna half. But Bologna had some goals called off because of VAR, so they had chances. At various points the score was different than VAR took the goals away. I don't pay attention to other matches in Serie A so Roma's top 4 position probably slipped later, but hopefully not.

Comment

Leao scores for Milan against Sassuola after 6.2 seconds!

Comment

assuming juve dont score four in the final minutes,what a wonderful early christmas present from fiorentina

Comment

Roma (2) - Inter (2). I'm posting a few days late but have been focused on FA Cup and watched this one in chunks. Inter were the much better side but Roma scored early and late. I guess a point is good when Roma should have lost.

Comment

Any chance of Ibrahimovic being punished for his racist "voodoo" remark to Lukaku in the Milan derby the other night?

Comment

Doesn't look at all likely, with a good deal of the football establishment in the country falling over themselves to explain how it wasn't racist.

Colour me massively unsurprised.

Comment

Ibrahimovic and Lukaku each suspended for a single match

Comment

I was shocked to learn Roma was in third. Honestly, I fast forward through the pre-game, start the match, skip through half-time, and watch the second half. I don't watch that closely because watching this side is rarely enjoyable. I do it because it needs to be done. Today was no different. Roma were never really in this thing. Juve are now 5 points behind Inter. They will capture the title soon enough and Roma will eventually drop into the Europa spots. Prior to this game was the end of some tease that someone else will win the league and that Roma could dream of contending for a title.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                Ibrahimovic and Lukaku each suspended for a single match
                                                Fuck's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Fuck's sake.
                                                  i can see why juve have the reputation of being lucky.of course,with them it wasnt always just luck...

Comment

Cagliari v Torino nil all at half time, proverbial six pointer.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X