No announcement yet.

New La Dea Rising - Serie A 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juventus comeback to draw 2-2 after going down to 10 men, I'll leave you to guess the scorer

Comment

Dzeko missed some easy chances and after that Roma's tactics consisted of a combination of (A) sitting back even though Juve were down to 10 and (B) most Roma players trying to run at a group of 3 Juve defenders. Insanity. Oddly, the one player late on who seems to have a plan was Pedro. And I only say oddly because I was not a fan of this signing at this point in Pedro's career. Anyway, Roma blew it. Normally, I'd be fine with 1-1 but not in this match.

Comment

Lazio-Inter I'd quite entertaining and makes Atalanta's destruction of the Biancocelesti look more impressive in retrospect.

1-1 after 65 minutes

Comment

Roma win at Udinese (0-1). On one hand, this is the third game in a row where Roma's defense has been tight. That was not the case last season. On the other hand, the team is fairly weak up front. Pedro scored a cracker and Roma had some chances, but Udinese also had chances. Honestly, I have lost track of Udinese in the past decade or so. It seems like after Di Natale retired that Udinese have floated lower mid-table. But Di Natale's retirement and Udinese's lack of competition for a European spot (meaning some level of direct competition with Roma) also coincided with me only watching Roma games in Serie A. Anyway, I'm hoping for more goals from Roma going forward.

In other news, it seems like COVID has returned as problem for the league. Two games canceled if I heard correctly, including the Monday night match: Juve-Napoli.

Comment

It's not clear if Juventus will be awarded the game:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/napoli/s...rus-quarantine

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
              It's not clear if Juventus will be awarded the game:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/napoli/s...rus-quarantine

having followed italian footy for many years id be surprised to see juventus not getting the points.other way around?id be surprised to see juventus losing the points

Comment

That was also my thought but I wonder if Napoli would have any legal remedy if they were following local govt rules rather than just trying to wriggle out of a game because they did not have a fully fit squad?
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 06-10-2020, 09:11.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                  Roma win at Udinese (0-1). On one hand, this is the third game in a row where Roma's defense has been tight. That was not the case last season. On the other hand, the team is fairly weak up front. Pedro scored a cracker and Roma had some chances, but Udinese also had chances. Honestly, I have lost track of Udinese in the past decade or so. It seems like after Di Natale retired that Udinese have floated lower mid-table. But Di Natale's retirement and Udinese's lack of competition for a European spot (meaning some level of direct competition with Roma) also coincided with me only watching Roma games in Serie A. Anyway, I'm hoping for more goals from Roma going forward.

In other news, it seems like COVID has returned as problem for the league. Two games canceled if I heard correctly, including the Monday night match: Juve-Napoli.
                  Hanging on to Veretout (against interest from Napoli) would help in that regard. He seems to be just about the best finisher at Roma. The trio of him, Rodriguez and Mkhitaryan is rather tasty on its day.

Could Roma play a 4-2-3-1 to get him further forward?

Comment

Napoli believe that they have a case, which is one of the reasons why a decision has yet to be made

Comment

Samp 3 - Lazio 0

Only the second home win against them in 17 years!!!
                      An excellent performance, albeit against an injury weakened team, but completely convincing. After two games I was expecting a relegation struggle, after 4 I'm dreaming of 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post

Hanging on to Veretout (against interest from Napoli) would help in that regard. He seems to be just about the best finisher at Roma. The trio of him, Rodriguez and Mkhitaryan is rather tasty on its day.

Could Roma play a 4-2-3-1 to get him further forward?
                        Wait, is that the veretout who turned up at villa as a young fella?

Comment

The very same.

Comment

Roma hit early in both halves but score 5 and could have had more. Final score 5-2. Looking good against the minnows for the most part so we'll see what happens when they start playing top of the table sides.

Comment

This year's salary report from la Gazzetta (I have the other clubs if anyone is interested)

Comment

Gotta say I'm finding it extremely hard to believe that lukaku and Erikssen are on ?135k a week.

Comment

The figures are net and exclude image rights deals

Comment

So it's the smallest possible number you can print for their salaries? Why would you construct a table in this way?

Comment

Because they have been doing it that way since you made some sense

Comment

Pastore!!!! This idiot will appear three times for Roma total, will score 1 magical goal, and will be hurt again. The thing is that he had what 2 (?) good seasons with Palermo, maybe 1 with PSG, and that is it. There was no track record there to think he could turn it around. Dzeko at least was excellent for multiple seasons with Wolfsburg, was always good with the national team, and only sucked at City. Of course, Roma took a chance but at least there was a track record.

I don't love the signings of Pedro and Mikhitarian because both are older but at least both consistently contributed to their sides. And Mikhitarian provides some levels of #10 skills. He was amazing with Dortmund and there is still some level of magic that happens with him. But Pastore to be sucking up that much salary was and remains ridiculous when Roma is not a club that has recently been able to compete with Juve, Inter, Napoli, or Milan when it comes to payroll.

Comment

Last night in a fog bound stadium Sassoulo staged a late comeback to draw 3-3 with Torino. Sassoulo have played 5 games, scoring 16 and conceding 9. Not since Zemen's Foggia has Serie A seen such a commitment to such high-risk football.

Comment

Scoring 3 against Torino hasn't been much of a problem in recent times, it's conceding 3 is the worry.

Comment

"I'd rather lose 4-5 than daw 0-0", Zemen.

Torino have the joint top-scorer in Belotti, level with Caputo. There problem is defending not scoring with 7 goals in 4 games.
                                              Last edited by Gert from the Well; 24-10-2020, 10:54.

Comment

Samp win 3-1 away at Atalanta, I may need a beer.

Comment

Like with the Lazio game that was another excellent team performance against a team who I would normally expect to beat us even when they're having an off-day. Despite probably being the second and third best defenders at the club (behind Colley) Tonelli and Yoshida are looking to be building a very impressive partnership, mixing the strength of the former and the anticipation of the later. Ranieri's decision to start with a winger in midfield has transformed the midfield from last season, no longer prosaic we have in Candreva and Damsgaard players are real quality going forward. The icing on the cake was Quagliarella's fourth goal in as many starts. Sod a tenth place finish I going for ninth.

Comment

Loads of metal tracks playing at the San Siro before AC Milan - Roma, including 'Highway to Hell'

Comment

Working...
                                                    X