No announcement yet.

New La Dea Rising - Serie A 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Milan clubs time seems to stopped between 2012 and 2020.

Comment

Worse than that, as the ownership turmoil has caused lasting damage at both clubs

Comment

Inter still have financial issues, the owners had to borrow heavily to generate enough cash to see then through the season. Milan seem a lot more stable, but failure to make the Champions league could lead to a few key players leaving.

Comment

Milan's problem is that Elliott have absolutely zero interest in owning a football club even in the medium term

Comment

Interestingly Milan's transfer policy is long-term, buying young players whose value is likely to increase, whether this will hold his interest in another matter

Comment

Gazidis can build a competitive team give the resources he has available.

The question is whether Singer and his investors will be willing to afford him the requisite time or decide that they can get better a return by deploying the capital elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                Juventus missing out on the Champions League is a delicious prospect, although one not helped by Napoli's draw this afternoon. Two of their remaining five games involve the Milanese clubs travelling to Turin.
                Juve a mess this season and could well miss out, especially with Inter and Milan to play. Although Ronaldo, as shown in last 5 of another terrible performance in Udine, might drag Juve there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gert from the Well View Post
                  Interestingly Milan's transfer policy is long-term, buying young players whose value is likely to increase, whether this will hold his interest in another matter
                  Young Milan + Ibra under Pioli has been one of my very favourite things from this season's serie A

Comment

Huge day in the race for CL places today. Napoli won well yesterday and Atalanta "should" beat Parma, so Juve Milan is quite enormous.

Comment

Lazio losing is a bit of a disaster. Only one of those two teams is likely to miss out

Comment

It's quite possible both Juve and Milan will make CL. 2-5th separated by one point, although Napoli have played a game more until today's games. I haven't had a look at the remaining fixtures, but some big excitement at top and bottom of league (last relegation place) til the end likely, which is always good.

Comment

After an error strewn first half long on effort and misplaced passes/poor decision-making and so very short on quality (bar super Diaz finish just before the end of the first half) a young and vibrant Milan run out classy 3-0 winners at Juve (Kessie misses pen too). Last time Milan won 3-0 at Juve (at the Olimpico in 2010) Juve fans set the seats on fire. Pioli and his team really deserve CL imo, while Pirlo, Agnelli and Nedved and Paratici and this Juve team really really don't.

Comment

I'd missed that Tomori had been loaned to Milan by Chelsea. His goal could be crucial as it gives Milan the edge on head-to-head which is first tie-breaker if level on points (Juve won the reverse fixture 3-1).

Comment

Inter should take that lot to the cleaners next week. But it would be perfectly in keeping with the club if they didn't.

Comment

That diaz goal was just beautiful.. It's kind of weird that Milan's best player by some distance is their left back. Hernandez looked ridiculously good at times.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                                  Inter should take that lot to the cleaners next week. But it would be perfectly in keeping with the club if they didn't.
                                  Conte will fucking murder them if they don't.

Comment

Quick question: why is Allegri still unemployed?

Comment

Because he is being careful about his next position and because many of his potential suitors are skint

Comment

I mean, I admire his preparedness to wait for the right job, but he's in danger of being forgotten about at this rate.

Any chance he'd be interested in the Spurs gig?

Comment

He remains a subject of daily speculation in Italy, so zi wouldn't worry about him being forgotten

He has been taking English lessons . . .

Comment

Bloody Hell Torino!! That's just fucking embarrassing.

Comment

Especially as they are yet to be completely safe

Roma also doing their part to keep Jose off the European stage

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                                Torino are like the Godfather " every time I think I'm out, they drag me back in " . Two games in hand, but we've got to start winning a few.
                                                that benevento game could be squeaky bum time

Comment

The Torino goalkeeper Sirigu supposedly said “What are you doing, do you have fun playing like shit? I can’t take it anymore.” after the sixth goal. Having seen the highlights I can only agree with him.

Luckily for Toro their last game is at home to Benevento.

Comment

Such a shame for Toro, especially as they'd improved performance-wise a lot (it's all relative) since Nicola came in earlier in the season. They had a 1-7 home shellacking from Atalanta last season too, if memory serves. Spezia won, too, so Toro Benevento huge. As you were with CL sports.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X