• Show
Clear All

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Immobile misses a penalty - Toro have about 6 minutes to endure

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Lazio - Torino is scoreless at half-time. First 43 minutes were completely forgettable until Immobile has a goal disallowed. As it stands Toro are staying up.

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    You have missed the emergence of Ebrima Darboe, a 19 year old Gambian who arrived in Italy 5 years ago as a refugee. The games I have seen him in he does look out of place, definitely one for the future.

Leave a comment:

• danielmak
    replied
    Roma win in the derby, not that it really mattered for either side. Lazio had some outside hopes of qualifying for the CL, but that wasn't going to realistically happen. I haven't watched Roma's last few league matches. Decided to take a break from the pain and enjoy the Europa run instead. Although I guess I should have enjoyed what there is left of the pre-Jose tenure when things will get really bad.

I didn't watch the Inter-Juve match but I'm not surprised. Cheating Juve always get help when help is needed. I liked Pirlo as a player but having Juve miss out on a CL spot would be wonderful news. If only the same thing could happen to Juve and Bayern multiple years in a row.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Benevento concede a 92nd minute goal against 10 men Crotone. If Torino get a point ( highly unlikely) against Lazio in midweek they are safe, otherwise it's down to the last day, with Torino needing a point and Benevento a win to stay up.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Good win for Napoli changes the CL qualifying odds again and leaves Juventus greatly reliant on other results. I think Napoli and Milan just need home wins v Verona and Cagliari respectively (Milan due to superiod head to head results).

Assuming Juventus miss out, coefficients of the Italian clubs are quite low (20, 26, 27, 53) so I'm not sure how that will affect them in the draw. Inter are in Pot 1 and Milan would be in danger of Pot 4, e.g. Milan are below Leicester, Rangers and some of the other sides in the Champions Path.

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert...trank2021.html

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedcl2021.html
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 16-05-2021, 14:26.

Leave a comment:

• Sixmartletsandaseagull
    replied
    Yes, a little odd that the most contentious goal decision of all (imo at least) was the one he didn't go to the screen to have another look at. I couldn't see how he could be so convinced, unless his angle gave him what had to a warped picture of what happened. Crazy game. I thought he made a bit of a rod for his own back with first pen decision.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    The VAR should have made the referee look at the telly for the last juventus penalty. Cuadrado kicked perisic, not the other way around.

Leave a comment:

• steviecowden
    replied
    if benevento beat crotone tomorrow i suspect theyll put torino down unfortunately

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    I think they are struggling to reach crawling speed.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Holy suffering Jaysus, I missed this. Talk about crawling over the line.

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    Well Spezia are safe after beating Toro 4-1. That's now 11 goals conceded in two games. if Benevento avoid defeat tomorrow, then it will go down to the final day. Genoa - Atalanta was a corker, with La Dea three up at halftime but clinging onto a 3-4 lead at fulltime. They have now qualified for the Champions League for the third year running and our favourites for second/

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Roma need to hope that Spezia are safe before the final game, in order that Mourinho can taste that Conference League glory (possibly a final v Spurs, ironically), with the carrot of EL qualification in 2022-23.

Leave a comment:

• Sixmartletsandaseagull
    replied
    Such a shame for Toro, especially as they'd improved performance-wise a lot (it's all relative) since Nicola came in earlier in the season. They had a 1-7 home shellacking from Atalanta last season too, if memory serves. Spezia won, too, so Toro Benevento huge. As you were with CL sports.

Leave a comment:

• Gert from the Well
    replied
    The Torino goalkeeper Sirigu supposedly said “What are you doing, do you have fun playing like shit? I can’t take it anymore.” after the sixth goal. Having seen the highlights I can only agree with him.

Luckily for Toro their last game is at home to Benevento.

Leave a comment:

• steviecowden
    replied
    Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
    Torino are like the Godfather " every time I think I'm out, they drag me back in " . Two games in hand, but we've got to start winning a few.
    that benevento game could be squeaky bum time

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Especially as they are yet to be completely safe

Roma also doing their part to keep Jose off the European stage

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Bloody Hell Torino!! That's just fucking embarrassing.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    He remains a subject of daily speculation in Italy, so zi wouldn't worry about him being forgotten

He has been taking English lessons . . .

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    I mean, I admire his preparedness to wait for the right job, but he's in danger of being forgotten about at this rate.

Any chance he'd be interested in the Spurs gig?

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Because he is being careful about his next position and because many of his potential suitors are skint

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Quick question: why is Allegri still unemployed?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by George View Post
    Inter should take that lot to the cleaners next week. But it would be perfectly in keeping with the club if they didn't.
    Conte will fucking murder them if they don't.

Leave a comment:

replied
    That diaz goal was just beautiful.. It's kind of weird that Milan's best player by some distance is their left back. Hernandez looked ridiculously good at times.

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    Inter should take that lot to the cleaners next week. But it would be perfectly in keeping with the club if they didn't.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X