Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New La Dea Rising - Serie A 2020-21

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #26
    Juventus comeback to draw 2-2 after going down to 10 men, I'll leave you to guess the scorer

    Comment


      #27
      Dzeko missed some easy chances and after that Roma's tactics consisted of a combination of (A) sitting back even though Juve were down to 10 and (B) most Roma players trying to run at a group of 3 Juve defenders. Insanity. Oddly, the one player late on who seems to have a plan was Pedro. And I only say oddly because I was not a fan of this signing at this point in Pedro's career. Anyway, Roma blew it. Normally, I'd be fine with 1-1 but not in this match.

      Comment


        #28
        Lazio-Inter I'd quite entertaining and makes Atalanta's destruction of the Biancocelesti look more impressive in retrospect.

        1-1 after 65 minutes

        Comment


          #29
          Roma win at Udinese (0-1). On one hand, this is the third game in a row where Roma's defense has been tight. That was not the case last season. On the other hand, the team is fairly weak up front. Pedro scored a cracker and Roma had some chances, but Udinese also had chances. Honestly, I have lost track of Udinese in the past decade or so. It seems like after Di Natale retired that Udinese have floated lower mid-table. But Di Natale's retirement and Udinese's lack of competition for a European spot (meaning some level of direct competition with Roma) also coincided with me only watching Roma games in Serie A. Anyway, I'm hoping for more goals from Roma going forward.

          In other news, it seems like COVID has returned as problem for the league. Two games canceled if I heard correctly, including the Monday night match: Juve-Napoli.

          Comment


            #30
            It's not clear if Juventus will be awarded the game:

            https://www.espn.com/soccer/napoli/s...rus-quarantine

            Comment


              #31
              Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
              It's not clear if Juventus will be awarded the game:

              https://www.espn.com/soccer/napoli/s...rus-quarantine

              having followed italian footy for many years id be surprised to see juventus not getting the points.other way around?id be surprised to see juventus losing the points

              Comment


                #32
                That was also my thought but I wonder if Napoli would have any legal remedy if they were following local govt rules rather than just trying to wriggle out of a game because they did not have a fully fit squad?
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 06-10-2020, 09:11.

                Comment


                  #33
                  Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                  Roma win at Udinese (0-1). On one hand, this is the third game in a row where Roma's defense has been tight. That was not the case last season. On the other hand, the team is fairly weak up front. Pedro scored a cracker and Roma had some chances, but Udinese also had chances. Honestly, I have lost track of Udinese in the past decade or so. It seems like after Di Natale retired that Udinese have floated lower mid-table. But Di Natale's retirement and Udinese's lack of competition for a European spot (meaning some level of direct competition with Roma) also coincided with me only watching Roma games in Serie A. Anyway, I'm hoping for more goals from Roma going forward.

                  In other news, it seems like COVID has returned as problem for the league. Two games canceled if I heard correctly, including the Monday night match: Juve-Napoli.
                  Hanging on to Veretout (against interest from Napoli) would help in that regard. He seems to be just about the best finisher at Roma. The trio of him, Rodriguez and Mkhitaryan is rather tasty on its day.

                  Could Roma play a 4-2-3-1 to get him further forward?

                  Comment


                    #34
                    Napoli believe that they have a case, which is one of the reasons why a decision has yet to be made

                    Comment


                      #35
                      Samp 3 - Lazio 0

                      Only the second home win against them in 17 years!!!
                      An excellent performance, albeit against an injury weakened team, but completely convincing. After two games I was expecting a relegation struggle, after 4 I'm dreaming of 10th.

                      Comment


                        #36
                        Originally posted by Kevin S View Post

                        Hanging on to Veretout (against interest from Napoli) would help in that regard. He seems to be just about the best finisher at Roma. The trio of him, Rodriguez and Mkhitaryan is rather tasty on its day.

                        Could Roma play a 4-2-3-1 to get him further forward?
                        Wait, is that the veretout who turned up at villa as a young fella?

                        Comment


                          #37
                          The very same.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X