No announcement yet.

La Liga 2020-21: A Messi Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile, Atleti make it 1-1 and the Madrid goal is ruled out. VAR offside.

Comment

But it was offside.

Comment

Atleti 2-1 up

Comment

Suarez

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
            But it was offside.
            Not debating it. Just clarifying what the reason was.

Atleti surely can't throw this away now.

Comment

Betis come back from 2 goals down to equalise. against Celta.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

Atleti surely can't throw this away now.
                Nice jinx attempt. You can't cheat God that easily

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                  Nice jinx attempt. You can't cheat God that easily
                  I'm trying .

Betis have scored a third after being 2 down.

Comment

Betis come back from 2 goals down to equalise. against Celta.
                    Now 2-3

Comment

Elche 2-0.

Comment

Elche 2-0.
                        Depending on a helping hand from nearish neighbours Valencia

Comment

Benzema. Won't be enough. (Still attempting to jinx.)

Comment

I was once told (and it proved to be true)
                            If you're at the bus stop and you light a cigarette, the bus will come. But if you think "ah, I know, if I light a cigarette the bus will come" and therefore light a cigarette, then the bus will not come.

Comment

Woohoo. The bus didn't come

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                I was once told (and it proved to be true)
                                If you're at the bus stop and you light a cigarette, the bus will come. But if you think "ah, I know, if I light a cigarette the bus will come" and therefore light a cigarette, then the bus will not come.
                                Ha ha! And that theory holds true this afternoon. Atleti are deserved champions. And I believe they'd have won this weeks ago if it wasn't for that ridiculously long and unfair ban for Kieran Trippier. Whenever it comes down to Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid I'm happy either way. I have loads of friends who are Atleti fans so am really happy for them all. Many of them are heading for Neptuno already. As far as Madrid are concerned, I just want one thing - for Zidane to stay. But I fear that that won't happen.

Comment

Having mentioned Amorebieta in passing last Saturday, they've now actually won promotion to the Segunda Division, and are slightly excited, it's fair to say:

https://twitter.com/SDAmorebieta/status/1396221814506987521

Comment

One more jornada in the segunda. Espanyol are champions and Mallorca are second. The next four will enter the play-offs in June. Leganes, Almeria and Girona are already assured of a place in them. Sporting Gijon and Rayo are battling it out for the last play-off spot. Things took a fairly decisive turn this evening with Rayo winning away at Castellon whereas Gijon could only draw away at Fuenlabrada. Rayo are now 2 points clear of Gijon with one game left.

Comment

On the final day, Rayo are at home to Lugo, who could still go down, while Sporting entertain Almeria, who are only playing for playoff seeding at this point.

Rayo have won three on the trot

Comment

Yeas, strong finish from Rayo to the normal season. Sporting, on the other hand, have been stuttering and only dropped out of the top 6 for the first time last night.

Comment

John Joe Patrick Finn Benoa appears to have had a promising start with Getafe, though forced to withdraw from the Irish U-21s today, replaced by the similarly Spanish Anselmo Garcia McNulty.

Comment

Rayo and Girona each win the home leg of their promotion playoff 3-0 and are well placed to meet in the two legged final

Comment

Working...
                                            X