No announcement yet.

La Liga 2020-21: A Messi Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It needs to be noted also that Rayo just completed the double over the league leaders.

Comment

Lionel messi earns a lot of money from football. He's not going to be happy about his contract being leaked .A potential €555 million over four seasons, of which he's already guaranteed €451 million. I strongly suspect a football club seeking to prepare a fanbase for him leaving.

Comment

Bilbao could, though it would be distinctly improbable, win two Copas del Rey in the same season - advancing to the semis of the 2021 edition tonight after a 94th minute equaliser against Betis.

Comment

Very good piece on Eden Hazard here in case you’d forgotten about him. I almost had.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/footba...mpression=true

Comment

Thanks Tony, that was a good article.

Comment

This is the first time Messi has scored in 8 consecutive league games for more than a year.

Comment

A number of arrests just made at Barcelona, including Bartomeu

Comment

'Barcagate'

https://www.eurosport.com/football/l...54/story.shtml

Comment

if that VAR decision in valencia-villareal is what footballs brave new world looks like,im out

Comment

It seems the Barcelona board have been directing payments to the Catalan unionist grouping Socie dad Civil Catalana, which would be akin to Celtic funding Better Together:

https://www.football-espana.net/2021...mpression=true

Comment

I wouldn't put that past Lawwell.

Comment

Nope.

Important Madrid derby tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                            It seems the Barcelona board have been directing payments to the Catalan unionist grouping Socie dad Civil Catalana, which would be akin to Celtic funding Better Together:

In fairness, what are they supposed to do in an independent catalonia, Play Espanyol 38 times a season?

Comment

At least be honest about it, don't pretend you're some shining beacon of Catalan nationalism.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

In fairness, what are they supposed to do in an independent catalonia, Play Espanyol 38 times a season?
                                Girona, Sabadell, Nastic, Lleida etc. want a word with you.

Comment

I can't hear them, they're too small

Comment

Espanyol are currently in the same division as Girona.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

not really,celtic dont make any pretences at having a scottish identity
                                      itd be more like rangers funding "yes"

Comment

The green brigade wanks were vocal Yessers, catholics in Scotland (along with Muslims) are now majority Nat/Yes voters. Changed days from even the late 90s, when Scottish Nationalism still carried a whiff of east coast prod crankery.

Comment

Berba, I could see Monaco style exceptions being made for fucking Barcelona, even by the rapid Spanish Nats running La Liga. Or a Euro Superleague will finally come along and happy days for the big cunty clubs.

Comment

Big weekend for the top of La Liga. Tomorrow, league leaders Atletico Madrid face a tricky trip to Betis. Real Madrid and Barcelona have chased down Atleti's lead of, what was it, 11 points at one time? About 6 weeks ago I'd given up on the league and cancelled my subscription to La Liga. Now I've had to renew it. Both Madrid and Barca could conceivably leapfrog Atleti in tonight's Clasico. It's very close to call. Messi and Barcelona are in a great run of form and didn't play midweek. Madrid did (and also play midweek next week too - Liverpool at Anfield) but were quite convincing against Liverpool so will come into this home match with renewed confidence despite some key players still out.

Comment

Benzema puts Real one nil up with a near post Lee Sharpe backheel. The commentator on my stream goes absolutely batshit, a good 30 seconds of GOOOOLing.

Comment

Well that frees up a good bit of the afternoon

Comment

Missed the second as my uber eats pizza turned up.

Comment

The second was a kroos free kick, dest jumped and it came off his back towards the goal where Jordi alba could only head it into the net. My kind of goal.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X