Nations Notions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nations Notions

Right, we're off for a feast of international friendly rivalry. Until it gets cut short, probably, Wales and our Southern Friends in action tonight. Here's a form table from last year's Euro qualifiers to get you in the mood...

Ps that's right, Belarus can qualify for the grown up competition by beating only Estonia, Georgia and Macedonia

Comment

Belarus are buggered then as they have to play Albania, Lithuania and kazakhstan !

Comment

Of course the White Russkis have their own local diffs to add to the Covid disruption. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to withdraw from all 7 scheduled games...

Comment

Champions League and Europa League matches have been played in Belarus despite the unrest - being played behind closed doors probably helped !

Spectators were permitted for the Krumkachy vs Dinamo Minsk cup-tie on Tuesday, which perhaps surprisingly went off without any problems as Dinamo crashed to a shock defeat in a great atmosphere !

Comment

I genuinely thought Scotland's game this Friday against Israel was the Euro 2020 play-off, but I've just discovered that this is a new group and Israel happen to be in it again. Thank Christ Norway & Serbia aren't also in this new group otherwise my brain just couldn't handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by CY_Boaby View Post
              I genuinely thought Scotland's game this Friday against Israel was the Euro 2020 play-off, but I've just discovered that this is a new group and Israel happen to be in it again. Thank Christ Norway & Serbia aren't also in this new group otherwise my brain just couldn't handle it.
              Yep, I hear you. When the draw was made for the 2020 nations league I pointed out that we hadn't played Israel in nearly 40 years prior to 2018, and now we're playing them 5 times in 21 months.

Comment

Relax lads. We've played Germany five times since 2016, only getting walloped in the last (0-1, 0-2, 1-3, 0-2, 1-6)

Comment

Latvia surely the first team ever to not score against Andorra (three 0-0s) in three consecutive games against them?

Comment

An adventurous Irish XI tonight - Long would offer more than O'Dowda, however:

https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/1301572188261306368

Comment

This is a seriously weakened Wales squad and team :

Wales XI: Hennessey; C. Roberts, Ampadu, Lockyer, Davies; Morrell, Levitt, J. Williams; Bale, James, Moore.

Substitutes: Ward, Davies, Gunter, N. Williams, Cabango, J. Lawrence, Robson-Kanu, Wilson, Matondo, Smith, Woodburn, Vaulks

Comment

Rather surprised they didn't start Neco Williams there.

Comment

Ireland *gasp* actually dominating an away game and looking good with possession, but no breakthrough yet.

Comment

Irish Zlatan is trying desperately to get sent off though. I suppose it makes up for McClean being on the bench.

Don't understand why both Coleman and Doherty can't play.

​​​​Still though, they are playing fucking football.

Comment

Let's call him Idahimovic

Ah shite, Bulgaria have scored

Comment

Shocking defending by Egan, who's Irish Zlatan?

Comment

Idah is trying to get himself sent off? I'm glad you're not a referee.

Comment

How would you play both Coleman and Doherty in a 433 setup?

Comment

Ireland just nearly scored with the best buildup move I've seen from the team since I can't remember when.

fuck it, who cares if they lose. This is watchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ek weet nie View Post
                                        How would you play both Coleman and Doherty in a 433 setup?
                                        Well, I'd play 4-5-1

Comment

Ireland look good with the ball but tend to get caught out on the counter.

It's amazing

Comment

"Feed me till I'm Kieffer Moore, feed me till I'm Kieffer Moore!"

Comment

And Duffy levels it!

Comment

After 90 minutes getting nowhere with Tiki Taki, a corner on to Shane Duffy's big slab head does the business.

Comment

J.ust listening to pundit Tokolotov Zhitovic.

His Bulgarian opposite number is pretty inane and all to be fair...

To no one's surprise Jonny Evans has pulled something getting out of bed and is out of the Romania game. Bah

Comment

Working...
                                                  X