No announcement yet.

Nations Notions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can find a clip of the Hungary freekick against Turkey, it's a textbook thunderbastard.

Comment

https://twitter.com/argetrondur/status/1301635578522472449?s=21
      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 04-09-2020, 00:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        "Feed me till I'm Kieffer Moore, feed me till I'm Kieffer Moore!"
        I've developed quite the thing for him. Shame he moved to that lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
          If you can find a clip of the Hungary freekick against Turkey, it's a textbook thunderbastard.
          Indeed it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHVdw3IRPUw

The fun starts at 5:55

Comment

Are Wales favourites to win their group and would that then probably put them in the play-offs provisionally should they not make it via the main route?

Kosovo got a decent draw in Moldova.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post

Indeed it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHVdw3IRPUw

The fun starts at 5:55
              What's amazing about that is how little it moves in the air. Apart from forward, obviously. At speed.

The Finland game was odd. The more it went on, the more you couldn't see Finland scoring. I am so used to seeing Wales in that position. To be fair, for parts, you couldn't see Wales scoring neither and I would've taken a 0-0

Comment

I quite liked the shirts Finland wore though.....

Comment

It would be good if there could be a 30 second passage of play in this Romania Northern Ireland match without a free kick

Comment

Romania score with a patently offside goal

Comment

Red card for Magennis. First yellow an elbow. Second one a total dive by Maxim.

All over for NI I suspect now

Comment

Czechia Scotland is off. Covided.

Comment

Are there any spare dates to play Covided games?

Comment

NI somehow escape with the draw- inevitably equalising from a set piece, the keeper hoofing it up to big totem pole Laugherty. Wembley here we come

Ps to Satch- that will be tough with Scotland already committed to 8 dates before Xmas?
                            Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 05-09-2020, 05:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                              Czechia Scotland is off. Covided.
                              UEFA should do the fairest thing and award the 3 points ...... to Czechia.
                              Bloody hell we were grim last night.

Comment

Czechia seem to have fucked up big time, enough for UEFA to be warranted to kick them out of the group and relegate them, but that then means a piss weak team gets promoted.

The tournament should not be taking place. Two days in and it's already a farce.

Comment

Agreed. As I mentioned, NI's 2 main spokesmen on the media have already dissed the tournament. Players from bigger countries will no doubt follow

Comment

UEFA have insisted Czechia v Scotland will go ahead.

"Uefa last week outlined principles for scenarios where Covid-19 impacted fixtures, stating that a game would go ahead as long as a team had at least 13 players available, including a goalkeeper."
                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 05-09-2020, 11:29.

Comment

In Australia, Optus Sport has the rights for all the games. Interesting flag they use for Norn Iron:

Comment

This week's NI squad includes 7 English men, a Scot and two brothers called Evans. There''s also a black Muslim named after P?draig Piaras

Comment

Staff members?! This is becoming reminiscent of Ireland threatening to field a team of amateurs after a player dispute in the last Nations League :

https://twitter.com/ceskarepre_eng/status/1302224495642636293?s=21

Comment

Didn't Denmark field a team of 4th and 5th division players a couple of year's ago after a pay dispute ?

Comment

Yes, against Slovakia in 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_S...football_match

Comment

It was a hybrid of third tier players and the Futsal team, I think.

Comment

Iceland are "Well organised, strong, together, hard to break down and good at set pieces " . Alex Scott does the full Bullshit Bingo of someone who hasn't done any research.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbear View Post
                                                    Didn't Denmark field a team of 4th and 5th division players a couple of year's ago after a pay dispute ?
                                                    Ah, that's what I was thinking of, I got the wrong one of our last Nations League opponents.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X