No announcement yet.

Nations Notions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't expect many updates from the Ireland v Bulgaria game.

Comment

Great passing and movement in the build up to the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
        Don't expect many updates from the Ireland v Bulgaria game.
        I presumed this was one?

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
        Make it stop

Comment

Ray de Galles Is the Morrell playing for Wales related to Andy Morrell of days of yore?

Comment

Teemo Pukki has a very friendly face. You get the sense he'd be a great mate.

Comment

I really like the Finland kit

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                Ray de Galles Is the Morrell playing for Wales related to Andy Morrell of days of yore?
                I've wondered that before as the ages would fit and there's even a vague similarity but never seen it mentioned anywhere when I've checked. He qualifies through his Welsh Mum and isn't Wrexham-born so probably not.

Comment

It seems that the Bulgaria manager has also detected that Shane Duffy can't pass out from the back.

Comment

What was the Finnish player sent off for? I missed the first 20 minutes or so

Comment

Bringing down Wilson as he chased a long punt from Ward, defender was the last man and denying a goal-scoring opportunity.

Comment

Half time: Israel 1-0 Scotland.
                        With the Czechs leading Slovakia 1-0, we look set to fall at the final hurdle.

Scotland are back!

Comment

Wales 2-0 up after a rocket from James. Did the commentator say he "fisted it in to the top corner"?!

Comment

I popped to the shop at half time, got back and it's 2-1

Comment

Flip. Finland close to an equaliser there

Comment

With Serbia cruising and NI leading, the Republic would remain second seeds if we can beat the Bulgarians.

Comment

I see Moore's come on. It's like having an ent up front.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                    With Serbia cruising and NI leading, the Republic would remain second seeds if we can beat the Bulgarians.
                                    Not sure if we deserve that

Comment

Troy Parrott and Seanie Maguire on to attempt to break the famine.

Comment

Treebeard scores!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I've wondered that before as the ages would fit and there's even a vague similarity but never seen it mentioned anywhere when I've checked. He qualifies through his Welsh Mum and isn't Wrexham-born so probably not.
                                          Andy was born in Doncaster and grew up in Leicestershire. Joe was born in Ipswich in January 1997, when Andy was still playing semi-pro in the north east. He didn't make his debut for us until the '98/'99 season.

Comment

Chris Gunter comes on in the 92nd minute to win his 99th cap.

Comment

Duck eggs all round in Dublin.

Comment

And Scotland do what Scotland do best. Fuck things up. A few days ago, all they needed was 2 points from their last 2 games versus Slovakia and Israel. Two 1-0 defeats later......Of course, it didn’t help our cause when Clarke inexplicably started McBurnie on Saturday and then we effectively threw the towel in after 60 minutes tonight when McBurnie came on as sub. Woeful.

Comment

Wales crash a Habsburg reunion in League B, with Austria, Hungary and Czechia all in the semis. Belgium and Italy join France and Spain in the League A final four, while Armenia get some national consolation by edging North Macedonia out of the League C semis, joining a Balkan party of Slovenia, Albania and Montenegro.

Comment

That was the most entertaining game we've played in a while though the red card was pivotal.

Perhaps it's not being there for any of the recent NL games but it's a bit hard to take in the fact that we're on such a good run despite seeming to make do and mend with quite a few elements of the squad.

We switched off a little at 2-0 when Bale went off but really should have been out of site by then. Rodon was sleeping for Pukki's goal right after being given the armband and we rode our luck a bit after that. Still, good to see us finish strongly with no Bale, Ramsey, Davies, Hennessy or Allen on the pitch.

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-11-2020, 22:07.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X