No announcement yet.

From Hartlepool to Weymouth - Your Bananarama League 20/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFC Fylde, Telford, Chester, Dulwich Hamlet , Hereford, Kidderminster Harriers, Maidstone United, Dorking and Chesterfield are the nine. They have a strong point.

Comment

At half time in Wealdstone's Trophy game I was going to say something about concentrating on the league, as they were 3-0 down. They won 4-3...

Comment

Looks like The Stones had a particularly large Christmas dinner yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
          Looks like The Stones had a particularly large Christmas dinner yesterday...
          Not as big as Yeovil's.

Comment

Seems there's only a very small number of clubs who want to continue the season if the latest round of funding is not gong to be a grant, which would suggest there's not much prospect of any of the three Conference divisions completing this season. Hard at this point to see how they can continue.

Comment

Jobi1 There's quite a lot of discussion of that on the 'Footballers and Coronavirus' thread if you're interested,

Comment

Surprised there's been no mention, or discussion, of National League clubs being essentially put out of business by their own League. Seventeen clubs have been fined, eight have made the fine public., Dover GBP 40,000, Dulwich Hamlet, GBP 8,000, Slough Town, GBP 8,000, Bradford PA, GBP 6,000, Bath City, GBP 4,000, Southport, GBP 4,000, Concord Rangers, GBP 2,000, Gateshead,GBP 14,000. Virtually all the fines are for failing to fulfill fixtures. It's clear the season should never have gone ahead. Clubs are now threatening to organise a vote of no confidence in the League's governors.
                Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 27-03-2021, 19:40.

Comment

It's in the Football & Covid thread (where most of the discussion about the National League has been this year, given the farce that the season has been)

Comment

Ah. Cheers.

Comment

Yeovil Town have announced that their captain, Lee Collins, has died at the age of 32. What very sad news.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                        Surprised there's been no mention, or discussion, of National League clubs being essentially put out of business by their own League. Seventeen clubs have been fined, eight have made the fine public., Dover GBP 40,000, Dulwich Hamlet, GBP 8,000, Slough Town, GBP 8,000, Bradford PA, GBP 6,000, Bath City, GBP 4,000, Southport, GBP 4,000, Concord Rangers, GBP 2,000, Gateshead,GBP 14,000. Virtually all the fines are for failing to fulfill fixtures. It's clear the season should never have gone ahead. Clubs are now threatening to organise a vote of no confidence in the League's governors.
                        Also Darlo GBP 7,000 plus 2 point deduction, suspended

Comment

Can't find a proper thread for it and I'm not sure if this is the right one for it but... it looks like the FA are moving forward with making the non-league a proper pyramid. 1-2-4-8-16-17 (why 17 and not 16 again?) rather than the current 1-2-4-7-14-20.

I think the principle of this is fine, it's just whether it's the right time to do it. These changes were meant to come in for this season but were postponed and they've decided not to delay another year. The process was started in 2018-19 when they introduced a division in step 3 and step 4.

My main ask would be that they have four different leagues across step 3 and 4, with a premier division in the former and two divisions in the latter. There's far too many Southern Leagues in there at present (I don't actually care if the divisions are administered by the Southern League, just as long as the names are different).

Comment

Thirteen goals conceded in two consecutive home games. Thank fuck for no relegation this season...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                              Thirteen goals conceded in two consecutive home games. Thank fuck for no relegation this season...
                              Ouch!

Comment

Are Wealdstone one of the clubs that furloughed their first team and are playing their development squad to minimise losses - or is there some other reason for their even worse form recently?

Comment

Sorry, Ray, I wish I knew. I've been totally out of the loop this season. I'm pretty sure that they haven't done the big furlough thing though.

Comment

12 minutes in time added to the first half of Sutton United's visit to Barnet

Curious

Comment

Helloooooo!

Comment

Sutton United beat Woking to go top, leapfrogging Stockport County who drew at home to Dagenham and Redbridge.

Comment

They were already ahead of Stockport by four points before tonight's matches, it's Torquay they've gone above by winning their game in hand.

It's getting very tense but I really hope they go up as champions...and that Wrexham somehow get in to and through the play-offs.
                                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 11-05-2021, 23:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                            They were already ahead of Stockport by four points before tonight's matches, it's Torquay they gone above by winning their game in hand.

It's getting very tense but I really hope they go up as champions...and that Wrexham somehow get in to and through the play-offs.
                                            Yes, you're right, Ray. Thanks for the correction. And yes, Sutton and Wrexham are the two teams I'm rooting for too.

Comment

Wealdstone are getting better, they only lost 1-0...

Comment

Wealdstone were in the play off places at one point, I wonder what went wrong.

Comment

Hmm.

Comment

This is why we'll probably fuck up getting into the play-offs.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X