X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    Janik I was going to ask you about that game...
    Probably a good job there are no family gatherings at the moment. The split is about 40/40 - my own branch is the other 20%. And we sit on the fence. Apart from my sister - she is Leicester all the way.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Leicester >> Stoke

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Fucks sake, we're doing everything we can to lose to the Franchise. I can only assume that Ashley Barnes is being left on for so long as punishment.

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Wednesday have only managed to name 4 subs today (only one of whom I've heard of). I suspect that's the first real answer to the question "what does a significant number of positive tests actually mean?"
    The amusing thing is that we've clearly got to field whoever is available so we've ended up using Bannan, Reach, Paterson and Harris, all of whom would likely have had the weekend off if we'd not had the outbreak.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    Even better, a lovely goal from lovely Marc Albrighton.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    Quite enjoying this. The sustained quality of Leicester over the last six years has been something.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Janik I was going to ask you about that game...

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    After walking down the coast path to have a nose around Marine's ground this afternoon (and buy a souvenir programme), I'm now slobbed watching Blackpool take the lead against WBA through ex-Carlisle loanee Jerry Yates.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    On balance I think I want Leicester to win as they are very conceivable winners of the whole competition, which isn’t true of Stoke.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Brilliant goal from James Justin in the “Janik is confused derby”

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Wednesday have only managed to name 4 subs today (only one of whom I've heard of). I suspect that's the first real answer to the question "what does a significant number of positive tests actually mean?"
    1-0 up though...

Leave a comment:

• Southport Zeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
    Obvious question, but no-one has asked it: how often does a window get broken by a match ball?
    I think it's pretty rare - I certainly don't remember seeing it happening at any games I've attended there. Because of the tall fence any ball going that will be falling close to vertical by the time it reaches the houses. There's probably a greater risk of damage to cars in Rossett Road from the occasional ball that clears the houses.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    At least this year's cup run lasted half an hour longer than usual...

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    How does the location affect their home insurance?

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    Obvious question, but no-one has asked it: how often does a window get broken by a match ball?

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Woo hoo! Our tie with Fulham is being shown live locally tomorrow.

Which, naturally, makes us triple losers: local derby, on TV, cup-tie. Not a cheese fondue's chance in the Arctic.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    An article I read about the tie had a photo of one of the 500 tickets printed after Marine were told they were allowed that number of fans in attendance on December 21st. I'm not quite how many days elapsed before that was reversed. What a sad state of affairs.
    Nine days - on the 30th when Liverpool went into Tier 3, and the FA announced that all 3rd round ties would be behind closed doors.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Liverpool labour to see off Villa's EFL Trophy team, but make it into round four after Shaqiri comes off the bench and has assists with his first two touches.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    All matches are being broadcast in some way or another - full list is at Fixtures - Emirates FA Cup - Competitions | The Football Association - Competitions | The FA
    What have Wednesday and Tranmere done to not get their websites linked ?

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    All matches are being broadcast in some way or another - full list is at Fixtures - Emirates FA Cup - Competitions | The Football Association - Competitions | The FA

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    An article I read about the tie had a photo of one of the 500 tickets printed after Marine were told they were allowed that number of fans in attendance on December 21st. I'm not quite how many days elapsed before that was reversed. What a sad state of affairs.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Looking at this tweeted pic of the BBC Sport studio set up, I reckon you could hit this from the main road with a well aimed pie.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    I wonder how many of the teenagers in those houses have air rifles.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    As you'd expect for a once in a generation opportunity like this, Marine are milking it for every bit of sponsorship they can - and as part of their 'back of shirt' sponsorship deal, The Athletic will also have their branding applied to the house numbers on the fence down the Rossett Road side of the ground.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X