X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

Even with Chelsea today having more likeable players than usual, I have to disagree. Chelsea haven't done anything to suggest they are more deserving than Man City, and all the cuntiness that disqualifies Man City also applies to Chelsea, even if their major crimes were farther back. The one point of agreement is that Chelsea have already won it so won't be removed from the winners' list whereas Man City can still be prevented from getting on it, if that's one of your issues.
    Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

Quite. Liking Chelsea because they've been forced to actually bring youth players in, as a result of being banned from buying anyone for 12 months for their own FFP breaches, is a bit like saying "I prefer Dave to Mike, Dave hasn't beaten anyone up for at least two years now".

Who the fuck mentioned, or cares about, their players?

I'm judging by the regimes these clubs represent and I don't want Man City's loathsome one to achieve their ultimate aim for the club.

Chelsea's horrendous oligarch adding a second CL trophy is a slightly lesser pain than the Abu Dhabi Royal family getting their first so Satchmo's point there is accurate.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 16-05-2021, 14:51.

Leave a comment:

• anton pulisov
    replied
    The disallowed Chelsea goal decision was yet another VAR decision taken within the margin of error of the system. There's just no way you can know either way, and therefore the decision on the field should stand. Still, it's Chelsea, so who cares.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    I think it's less footballing reasons than the crimes of their owners, Rogin. Manchester City's are committing genocide in Yemen and have a very unpleasant regime at home. While Chelsea's made his millions off the backs of Siberian AIDS orphans ((c) TAB) and is now a leading funder of war crimes in the Israeli settlement movement

(which makes the flag at yesterday's final even better)

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

and all the cuntiness that disqualifies Man City also applies to Chelsea, even if their major crimes were farther back.
    Quite. Liking Chelsea because they've been forced to actually bring youth players in, as a result of being banned from buying anyone for 12 months for their own FFP breaches, is a bit like saying "I prefer Dave to Mike, Dave hasn't beaten anyone up for at least two years now".

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    I now have to hope Chelsea play way better than that in a fortnight's time.
    Even with Chelsea today having more likeable players than usual, I have to disagree. Chelsea haven't done anything to suggest they are more deserving than Man City, and all the cuntiness that disqualifies Man City also applies to Chelsea, even if their major crimes were farther back. The one point of agreement is that Chelsea have already won it so won't be removed from the winners' list whereas Man City can still be prevented from getting on it, if that's one of your issues.

Leave a comment:

• lambers
    replied
    Great victory for Leicester, really pleased for them. I'm still not a fan of VAR, but I was glad that it was applied in a swift fashion both times it was used.

I'm sure I noticed some Leicester fans waving the Palestinian flag behind the goal during the second-half, which was also good to see. Could possibly be where Choudhury and Fofana sourced it, but would be even better if they had had one stashed by the bench.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    I suppose I don't really want to know but from which sources has the hatred been coming?

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Yes, some choice racism coming from some Respectable voices.

Of course, it was a marvellous adunct to a marvellous occasion

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    The reaction to the flag has been utterly predictable.

Leave a comment:

• My Name Is Ian
    replied
    Originally posted by hobbes View Post
    I'd completely missed that this was on.
    Damn the FA for moving it from 3pm and thus stripping the game of its pomp and ceremony.
    If you're thinking of watching it on catch up, I'd suggest skipping to around sixty minutes. That last half hour is plenty worth watching again, though.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
    I thought the offside was pretty straightforward, but I seem to be in the minority.
    As soon as the VAR came on I thought that was offside at the start of the season, but I didn't think it was going to get chalked off now.

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
    Eight of the team who won the FA Cup with Manchester City in 1969 (Leicester’s last appearance in the final) had previously won both the second division and league title with the club.
    Yeah, I thought there were possibilities with Man City, Leeds and Everton in the 60s. For some reason I thought Liverpool didn't win the FA Cup till '74.

Here are the young Leicester players making use of their time in the spotlight to promote a greater cause, good for them.

https://twitter.com/IlmFeed/status/1393634496780582913

Leave a comment:

• hobbes
    replied
    I'd completely missed that this was on.
    Damn the FA for moving it from 3pm and thus stripping the game of its pomp and ceremony.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    As soon as the lines come out you know that it will be chalked off.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Ethan
    replied
    Congrats Leicester fans. Commiserations to the Chelsea mob. I thought the offside was pretty straightforward, but I seem to be in the minority.

Leave a comment:

• Jimski
    replied
    The VAR decision was nonsense (what exactly counts as "level" these days anyway?), but you know if VAR exists (and I'd much rather it didn't), then I'll take it giving decisions against the likes of Chelsea. Well done, Leicester. My favourite PL club for a while now.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Originally posted by ale View Post
    Man City in mid 1960s will also include fair amount of players who won similar medals wont they?
    You’re right. Eight of the team who won the FA Cup with Manchester City in 1969 (Leicester’s last appearance in the final) had previously won both the second division and league title with the club. Five of those players were home grown, the other three costing less than ?100k between them. Different times.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Congratulations DM, Foxy and Janik. Doesn’t seem so long since we last said that. Great stuff.

Bad luck NS (and other Chelsea fans here?). Go for the big(ger) one instead.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Yep. Not a handball. But the VAR decision was beyond a tight squeeze. I would count it an injustice if given against a team I support.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    There was no "blatant handball" there was a ricochet from a player's knee on to their arm three inches away.

There was also nothing shown "clearly" on the VAR freeze frame, offside or onside, it was too close to call on the one image shown on TV (which was not even full screen).

VAR is still shit though and the fact I enjoyed the result it gave us today doesn't change that.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-05-2021, 22:43.

Leave a comment:

• Mumpo
    replied
    I know the fact it robbed Chelsea of a 1-0 win makes it hilarious, but... a blatant handball and the most 'clearly not offside' VAR freeze-frame ever? Pfft.

Leave a comment:

• ale
    replied
    Man City in mid 1960s will also include fair amount of players who won similar medals wont they?

Leave a comment:

• ale
    replied
    Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post

Shankly's Liverpool team won all three in just 4 years between 1962 and 1965 with pretty much the same squad, but it's certainly not a common achievement.
    On that basis would guess Revie Leeds will compare even if cup win didnt arrive till 1972 which was well after promotion. And congrats to Leicester. Offer hope to all of us not supporting the usual trophy winners.

Leave a comment:

• Greenlander
    replied
    Well that's why I love football... and my first thought at the end was for the OTF Foxes. Big love to you all and enjoy your night.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
    Schmeichel, Morgan and Vardy join what I reckon must be a pretty small club - winners of the top flight, second tier and FA Cup with the same club.
    Shankly's Liverpool team won all three in just 4 years between 1962 and 1965 with pretty much the same squad, but it's certainly not a common achievement.

Leave a comment:

• DPDPDPDP
    replied
    Tielemans goal, Schmeichel’s saves, the drama of Chelsea’s late goal and then the var offside call. I wish there was someone called Jeff here with me , so I could say “unbelievable Jeff”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X