FA Cup, 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
    I'm a hopeless tv watcher where Leicester are concerned... Put the City on and until they are at least 3 goals up with 10 minutes or so remaining, I'm nervous, irrational and twitchy.
    oh god, just a bit. I watched City's 4-3 defeat to Newcastle in a pub and got warned for screaming obscenities at Alan Shearer. The only time I ever did that at a ground was when Tore Andre Flo was right in front of me taking a throw-in, the bastard.

I think I'm at least as nervous as I was before the 95/96 playoff final, which I also watched on TV. Whereas I think I felt quite tranquil before the 99/00 League Cup semis.

Comment

If you could win on saturday in the same (doubtless) hilarious manner as in 1996, that would be peachy, so I can finally enjoy the joke.

Comment

Been dipping into the 'FA Cup Channel' on I-player for that old school build up. Brian Kilcline's hair was so lush, I hope it still has some bounce.

Comment

It was looking good in 2017. This interview is kind of magnificent in how bonkers it is.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-coventry-city

Comment

I've tuned in for a bit of the build up.

Really missing my Dad today. The FA Cup Final was a big event in our house, particularly in the 80s. 1987 and 1988 are the two I really remember. But it was always big for him even in this century when it feels like they all blur into one big BRC bore fest. Even if I didn't watch it he would ring up later and talk to me at length about it.

I might have a watchalong with my brother (and maybe his kids). Try and recapture that family thing.

Rooting for Leicester (sorry, NS)

Comment

We're all Leicester, today

(well, bar NS and DG)

(I'm taking Valter Attila leading the Giro as an omen. He'd be Walter if Hungarian had a w, since it's obviously a German name. And WALTER clearly stands for We're all Leicester today. Excellent result.)

Comment

No matter what they've done to the FA Cup, "Abide with me" still gets to even this old cynic. No, it's dusty in YOUR lounge.

Comment

Great to see and hear the crowd in, genuinely emotional.

Come on, Leicester!

Comment

I've got to say, I've always thought Abide with Meh. The song always seemed like a way for the Establishment to calm down the excited, unruly masses.

But this year, just seeing fans back at a match, and several very emotional Leicester fans, it did move me, I have to say.

Comment

Odd greeting line up for Wills there. Little bows of the head instead of handshakes.

Comment

But the we get the usual, busomy blond singing a god awful over - blown version of a very shitty song...

Comment

Vardy looks scared of the photographer in the team line up photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                            I wonder if Chelsea will debut the new kit then.
                            Yes they are

Comment

Did I hear some booing when the players took the knee?

Comment

Have they juiced up the crowd sounds with some pre recorded stuff?

Comment

It sounded like there was booing at the start of taking the knee and clapping by the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Yes they are
                                    Yes, NS mentioned it on the official kit thread.

I am now officially a big fan of it and not just because, socks aside, it's a Wimbledon kit.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of booing all round, particularly by Leicester fans and especially when Alonso is on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                        Odd greeting line up for Wills there. Little bows of the head instead of handshakes.
                                        Covid, innit.

Comment

The back of the shorts are the wafer thin mint. I think I could like it otherwise.

Comment

Can't remember many rainy cup finals.

Comment

Chelsea played in a particularly rainy one in 1994 when losing 4-0 to Man Utd.

Comment

Leicester too Spurs-esque at the moment. Taking too long to make decisions and playing backwards too often when they do.

Comment

Have persuaded my nephew that he should be supporting Leicester. He was going to wait to see who scored first.

Kids today...

Comment

Think Timo took one in the nads there

Comment

Working...
                                                    X