No announcement yet.

FA Cup, 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-0 a respectable defeat. Not too unhappy.

Comment

Apparently I should be able to watch the final this season. If, of course, it happens...

Comment

14 games, and no draws after 90 minutes.

Comment

There won't be one in the next game either

Comment

We managed it in the last round at the same place.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
              We managed it in the last round at the same place.
              Having just seen the lineups, I'd be stunned if we got close to that. 3-0 at best I'd say

Comment

Fifth Round is midweek (Barnsley v Chelsea on the Thursday)! When was that decided?

Is that just for this season (COVID pretext) or permanent?

Comment

I have a feeling it is permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                    Fifth Round is midweek (Barnsley v Chelsea on the Thursday)! When was that decided?

Is that just for this season (COVID pretext) or permanent?
                    Last season's FA Cup was the first in which fifth round ties were played midweek, taking place the week before the first Covid related postponements.

Comment

Ah, OK, many thanks; they're 3 weeks earlier this year then, followed by a gap of 5 and half weeks to the QFs.

Comment

Southampton first to book a trip to Wembley. Are the semis both at Wembley again this year? Man City join them there.
                        Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 20-03-2021, 19:29.

Comment

The competition has largely passed me by this season, but I can still splutter some indignation at the SF draw taking place today at half-time. FFS.

Comment

I actually thought the semi-finals had already been drawn prior to the sixth round. Which shows how much attention I've been paying.

Comment

I'd be happy enough to go out on penalties to leicester today. Man utd haven't had a midweek off since August of 2019

Comment

Fred’s doing his best to lighten the load.

Comment

The folly of youth...

Comment

Man United's kids once again prove they're almost unstoppable going forward. It's a wonder they don't try and do it more often.
                                    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 21-03-2021, 17:49.

Comment

Will the draw keep open the possibility of a Manchester derby Cup final? There's still never been one.

Comment

It appears to have done so.

Comment

Southampton will be looking to channel Crystal Palace circa 1990 in the Semi, i.e. beat a side they have recently lost 9-0 to. True whichever of their two possible opponents they eventually face...

Comment

Great to be back in front, but I think Leicester need at least one more. Maybe two.

Leicester haven’t beaten Man United since the 5-3 game back in autumn 2014. There have been 13 games between the sides since apparently. I knew it was a poor run of results, but I’m surprised to hear it is that bad.

Comment

Vardy's fucked that. Could be costly.

Comment

Ah, f*ck. That was a big chance.

Comment

This is the best Leicester have played for some time. But at only one ahead I’m twitchy...

Comment

Man United changing both lines at once, Ice Hockey style.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X