No announcement yet.

FA Cup, 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitching that the Guardian was out of order for referring to Franchise as Franchise

Comment

Ah yes, just found the "as the mid-table League One franchise lead the Premier League club" reference on the live updates. Good work.

Comment

"So, we know that Man U are going to play their reserves and sit on an early goal, right?"

"Yeah, but they're fucking Man U"

"Prime time slot it is, then."

Magic of the Cup, 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
          "So, we know that Man U are going to play their reserves and sit on an early goal, right?"

"Yeah, but they're fucking Man U"

"Prime time slot it is, then."

Magic of the Cup, 2021.
          Everyone has played their fucking reserves!

Comment

Into the fourth round for the first time since 2008 and it's been over twenty years since we've managed it as a third division team. Fully expecting to get a buzzing draw and the accompanying frustration of it being behind closed doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

What did the tweet TonTon initially highlighted say?
              I have a screenshot, but otf won't allow me to show you it. You have the idea anyway, cool.
              Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 09-01-2021, 21:56.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Yeah, everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                  I doubt I'll ever say this again, but....

Come on Burnley.

*shudder*

EDIT: Pls don't ban me, Snake.
                  I've just realised that this is absolutely not true, as I will be saying it quite a lot on Tuesday.

Comment

Cheltenham play Mansfield today in the round's most exciting game.

We can't score, have lost our best midfielder to injury and have no right sided player fully fit. Mansfield are coming off the back of 3 wins in a week and are flying following the appointment of Nigel Clough.

Looks like we'll be going out in the 3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Not even remotely true in Leicester's case. 9 of the same starting 11 as played in the last Premier League game. That is still very much a first team, even if the two rested were rather big names - Maddison and Vardy. Stoke were also clearly the 1st XI.

Comment

Most of Wednesday's starting team yesterday were usual first teamers. However that may be mostly because they were the only ones who didn't have Covid

Comment

Anyway if people want a positive story for their Sunday morning, 18 year old Declan Thompson who came on as a sub for us, spent 18 months in a wheelchair as a child.

Here's his dad (former United player Lee) watching the moment on TV
                          https://twitter.com/parksteelsfc/status/1347959849590648836?s=19

Comment

That’s great.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

Come on Burnley.
                              I'm in Florida so I could only do it metaphorically, and it's very cold over there.
                              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 10-01-2021, 13:27.

Comment

Whatever tickles your pickle.

Comment

It's freezing not tickling I'm worried about.

Comment

Only because I'm a total geek for Cup draws I'm intrigued how they're going to do the fourth and fifth round draws together tomorrow. Will it be each fourth round tie assigned a number 1-16 that then goes into a new hat for the fifth round, or are they going to play it safe and just say up front of doing the fourth round draw that in the fifth round, winners of tie 1 will be at home to winners of tie 2, etc?

Comment

Crossref from live thread: Barnsley v Tranmere Radio Sheffield:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/li...adio_sheffield

Comment

With the new owners, winning a cup game and you lot liking my lot, this is all getting very disconcerting.

Comment

First time in the 4th round since 2006. It may have taken extra time, but Cheltenham were in control from the moment Mansfield scored in the 4th minute. The fact it took so long to equalise and then extra time to win only goes to show just how bad our forwards are at the moment.

Comment

Hadn’t clocked, before watching Match of the Day just now, that ex-Rovers trio Alfie May, Matty Blair and Andy Williams are all at Cheltenham together. Cracking goal by May today too.

Comment

I can't count how many ex-Millers that I've seen over the weekend...

Comment

Draw: "The FA Cup fourth round draw is scheduled to take place from 7.10pm GMT on Monday, January 11, 2021. The FA Cup fifth round draw will follow, with a scheduled start time of 7.23pm GMT."

I think this is a bad move. If you know your fifth round opponent is Man City away, that fourth round game in an empty stadium against a team in the same tier as you suddenly seems less essential. I don't understand why the FA would chuck away the value of fifth round draw day, which we looked forward to greatly in our youth.
                                                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 11-01-2021, 00:13.

Comment

Who fucking cares. Fucking International players have been born since we last took place in the fourth round...

Comment

We're still in it mate, but might not be after tomorrow's draw puts us away to a BRC.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X