FA Cup, 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
    I still don't like AFC Bournemouth getting no. 1 in the third round proper draw. 1 should be Arsenal (all the more so in a season when they're the holders).
    Why?

Comment

Because.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
        If Shrewsbury get Spurs away for the first time ever in the third round and I can't go because of fucking Covid I think I might cry.
        This sounds similar to how I'd like my lot to get an unglamorous away tie that we'll probably lose and which I wouldn't go to in normal times on the grounds of distance / lack of tickets. Bournemouth would be perfect, but Luton / Southampton / Swansea / Doncaster / Blackpool / Portsmouth / Norwich / Brighton would equally suffice.

Comment

Burnley are bound to either get Man City away or Stockport away. The latter would really piss me off at not being able to go.

Comment

They've alphabetised the draw numbers for the Premier and Championship clubs, and then it's like just random numbers have been assigned. Which seems really odd.

1 AFC Bournemouth
            2 Arsenal
            3 Aston Villa
            4 Barnsley
            5 Birmingham City
            6 Blackburn Rovers
            7 Brentford
            8 Brighton & Hove Albion
            9 Bristol City
            10 Burnley
            11 Cardiff City
            12 Chelsea
            13 Coventry City
            14 Crystal Palace
            15 Derby County
            16 Everton
            17 Fulham
            18 Huddersfield Town
            19 Leeds United
            20 Leicester City
            21 Liverpool
            22 Luton Town
            23 Manchester City
            24 Manchester United
            25 Middlesbrough
            26 Millwall
            27 Newcastle United
            28 Norwich City
            29 Nottingham Forest
            30 Preston North End
            31 Queens Park Rangers
            32 Reading
            33 Rotherham United
            34 Sheffield United
            35 Sheffield Wednesday
            36 Southampton
            37 Stoke City
            38 Swansea City
            39 Tottenham Hotspur
            40 Watford
            41 West Bromwich Albion
            42 West Ham United
            43 Wolverhampton Wanderers
            44 Wycombe Wanderers
            45 Stevenage
            46 Blackpool
            47 Tranmere Rovers
            48 Crawley Town
            49 Stockport County
            50 Plymouth Argyle
            51 Portsmouth
            52 Cheltenham Town
            53 Chorley
            54 Morecambe
            55 Shrewsbury Town
            56 Mansfield Town
            57 Newport County
            58 Marine
            59 Exeter City
            60 Canvey Island or Boreham Wood
            61 Doncaster Rovers
            62 Milton Keynes Dons
            63 Bristol Rovers
            64 Oldham Athletic

Comment

Well in to the Mighty Mariners. I might even make it to the next round.

Comment

They've alphabetised the draw numbers for the Premier and Championship clubs, and then it's like just random numbers have been assigned. Which seems really odd.
                It's the order they came out in for the second round draw.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post

This sounds similar to how I'd like my lot to get an unglamorous away tie that we'll probably lose and which I wouldn't go to in normal times on the grounds of distance / lack of tickets. Bournemouth would be perfect, but Luton / Southampton / Swansea / Doncaster / Blackpool / Portsmouth / Norwich / Brighton would equally suffice.
                  *wipes remnants of lunch (a bag of Tangfastics) from his crotch*

Oi. Who are you calling unglamorous?

Comment

Yesterday was definitive proof that if we get a few injuries, we could be a bit fucked.

Oh, and for singing Adele after a match, I hope Chorley draw Man City away. And lose 17-0.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Why?
                      Because you're giving them exactly what they wanted when they chose their daft name, in the process becoming the AAAAAAAAA1111111Plumbers in the phonebook that is professional football.

Shit badge and all.

Comment

I hadn't realised they deliberately chose the name for that reason. How odd.

Comment

I'm sorry, have you EVER watched or listened to a third round proper draw before? This is exactly the way it's been done since it was on Radio 2 at 12.30 on Monday after Pete Murray and the news. And people moan about the eroding of traditions in football.

Comment

Oh, and tradition dictates that Man United will either be drawn at home to Walthamstow Avenue or away to Aston Villa, and Liverpool will get Everton. Actually with Marine in the mix, surely they must get one of their big neighbours.
                            Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 30-11-2020, 18:13.

Comment

Rogin the Armchair fan clearly i haven't been paying attention.

Comment

Here's my prediction. The bit where they put the 'most interesting' team numbers below the draw listing and then the list moves up as each club is drawn. Well my lot won't appear unless they are drawn early. They will be, as usual, officially the least interesting ball number.

Oh, and Manchester United against whoever it is will be televised by the BBC.
                                Last edited by Capybara; 30-11-2020, 18:55.

Comment

For years there was a match poster in the (since demolished) club shop at Marine that someone had jokingly put together saying "European Cup Semi Final - Marine v Manchester United (PS We've ordered extra pies)".

Comment

Manchester United will get Reading, Wayne Rooney's Derby or a Premier League club from the midlands away, Chelsea will get Nottingham Forest at home, Manchester City will get a League Two club at home, Liverpool will get something Klopp moans about. Because that's what always happens.

Comment

Cheltenham will get another League 1 team...

Comment

Man Utd will get Leeds.

Comment

It's being done from Marine I think!
                                          Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 30-11-2020, 19:04.

Comment

Robbie Savage is doing the draw, so they've wisely decided to cut off the sound

Comment

Aaand ... the beeb have fucked it up.

Comment

Chorley get Wayne Rooney''s Derby
                                                Marine get Spurs

Comment

Fulham Park Rangers.
                                                  And Liverpool step into United's shoes at Villa.

Comment

Bah!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X