Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elguapo4
    replied
    The League of Ireland manage to fuck up fixtures even when there's no fans in the ground. Bohemians are away to Longford at 6 o clock on Saturday. I'm as big a Bohs fan as there is, and I want to watch the Cup final. I think they definitely sabotage the live streams with decisions like this, makes it easier to get rid of it.

Leave a comment:

• nmrfox
    replied
    Agree dm, this definitely feels like a big thing for us Leicester fans. The league was always a pipedream and the gods coming together as they did in 2015/16 was just so surreal that even now, it still feels like a dream from which I'll wake up from. The FA Cup should be achievable in my lifetime, but only the one (deserved) loss to Man City in 69 and two semi defeats - albeit against very good Liverpool and Spurs teams - does seen scant reward, particularly in view of our excellent record in the League Cup over the same period.

I'm a hopeless tv watcher where Leicester are concerned. At a ground I'm calmness personified; watching other teams on TV I'm objective and erudite (at least in my own head). Put the City on and until they are at least 3 goals up with 10 minutes or so remaining, I'm nervous, irrational and twitchy. Fortunately for them, the girls have all long left home and don't have to put up with Dad ranting and swearing at the referee/commentator/opposition/Glenn Hoddle so just my wife has to put up with me now, forever asking why I get some het up about "just a game of football" (though as her family are big Crystal Palace fans they know nothing about the game ).

Agree with Rogin the Armchair fan ; 15:15 is a crap time. My dogs will be expecting their evening runaround at 18:00 and I'll be spending the second half watching the box, whilst two pairs of eyes bore into my soul making me feel guilty.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post

It's good, means it doesn't clash with the Giro.

NS, this is just huge, me and probably most other Leicester fans always dreamed of winning the Cup more than the League, which didn't seem possible. I hope I can calm down a bit tbh, as defeat is quite possible and I don't need it affecting me more than is proper.

Leicester's second half performance against Manchester United should give them confidence, but Evans is a big loss. I always worry about tiredness for Ndidi and Tielemans too, they play almost every minute.

I'm terrible at predicting results, so I'm not going to even try. Obviously I want my team to win, but if they don't I'll be absolutely delighted for you, Janik, Foxy and all the other Leicester supporters. You'll certainly have pretty much every neutral fan behind you on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

The horror. The horror.
    It's good, means it doesn't clash with the Giro.

NS, this is just huge, me and probably most other Leicester fans always dreamed of winning the Cup more than the League, which didn't seem possible. I hope I can calm down a bit tbh, as defeat is quite possible and I don't need it affecting me more than is proper.

Leicester's second half performance against Manchester United should give them confidence, but Evans is a big loss. I always worry about tiredness for Ndidi and Tielemans too, they play almost every minute.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Cogito
    replied
    Plenty of time for an extended "Cup Final It's a Knockout" then?

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Kick off is at 5.15pm on Saturday.
    The horror. The horror.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    TWO DAYS aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Pre-match nerves starting to kick in, DM?

I've managed to get a couple of tickets for next week's league game between our clubs, but didn't get a sniff of one for the Cup Final.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    TWO DAYS aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    I wonder if Chelsea will debut the new kit then.

Bastard!

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    I wonder if Chelsea will debut the new kit then.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    Chelsea will play in their normal kit for the final, while Leicester City will wear maroon. Kick off is at 5.15pm on Saturday 15 May.

Leave a comment:

• Nesta
    replied
    You think that's ever going away? Oh my poor sweet child...

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Why was there imposed crowd noise for the Leicester Southampton semi, when there were humans in attendance?

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Originally posted by EIM View Post
    Every season that goes past the treble gets a more and more ludicrous achievement. And it was pretty fucking daft at the time.
    And surely actually doing the treble and reaching the League Cup QF is the closest a club has actually come to the quadruple, even if not in terms of depth into the season?

Leave a comment:

• Logan Mountstuart
    replied
    So long as you had promised to keep your coat on apparently, Dm.

Congratulations. Leicester and the FA Cup, eh?

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    Oh my god oh my god we've made it. Aaaaaaaahhh. If I lived a couple of miles west I might have been able to get a ticket to that.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Whoever wins this semi will be the world's favourite beat Chelsea in the final.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Leicester are 10 minutes away from the final. I'd quite like Leicester to win it. New name on the cup and all that.

Leave a comment:

• steveeeeeeeee
    replied
    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
    As for the game itself, there were two clear moments where fernandinho was about to commit an atrocity on mason mount, but at the very last second remembered that he may as well commit an atrocity on the queen, and stops himself at the very last second. I can't believe it took him over an hour to get booked. There's one moment in the second half where he chops down a guy after the ball has been passed on, and the ref waves play on, and you assume that he's going to get booked when play stops, and the fucking ball doesn't go out of play for nearly 6 fucking minutes, and the ref forgets. 6 fucking minutes is an extraordinary length of time.
    I was amazed Mount kept his cool with the face stamp incident. He subsequently put Fernandinho on his arse when the latter tried to to take his legs away.

I've said it previously, I like this Chelsea team a lot, I just wish they weren't Chelsea.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    It will get even harder in the 36 team CL format, but that seems of no concern to the English clubs backing it. A play-off round in January fucks the Cup good and proper and the League Cup already looks like non-CL clubs only
    The spectre will certainly be raised of "League Cup-ifying" the FA Cup so that say the six English teams in the Super Champions League get free passes past the third and possibly even fouth rounds, taking away even the faintest chance of another Exeter v Man United or Liverpool third round proper tie, and all the attention, romance and more importantly money those bring in for the smaller club.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    It will get even harder in the 36 team CL format, but that seems of no concern to the English clubs backing it. A play-off round in January fucks the Cup good and proper and the League Cup already looks like non-CL clubs only.

Chelsea also knocked Liverpool out last season (before Atletico KO'd Liverpool from the CL) so are becoming treble spoilers. Arsenal knocked out Man City in last year's SF, which now seems unbelievable.

Chelsea v Leicester would not be a good final: two teams who play on the counter. How would Southampton approach the final?

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Every season that goes past the treble gets a more and more ludicrous achievement. And it was pretty fucking daft at the time.
    Even if someone were to win all three trophies again, it wouldn't be a comparable achievement. Winning the FA Cup simply isn't treated anymore with anywhere near the importance of the other two, as it used to be (as Man City showed again yesterday). Ironically, of course, one of the key moments in the degradation of the importance of the Cup (and the treble) was when United's treble-winners were asked by the FA to throw the Cup in the bin rather than defend it in 2000.
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 18-04-2021, 11:37.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    I think most Spurs fans have written off next weekend’s final.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    This Manchester City side looked like shite at Christmas. It wouldn't be too surprising if they just won the League, but the League Cup is against Tottenham.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X