No announcement yet.

FA Cup, 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Werner was a bit lucky to be far enough down the pitch for that to be just a yellow.

Comment

Not exactly a classic so far. So few recently have been, which I guess is part of the problem.

Comment

It's been watchable, but it's crying out for a goal.

Comment

Hasn't exactly caught fire yet, but then, with the odd exception like last year's, they all tend to be slow burners.

Comment

Other than the result, I can barely remember a thing about last year’s final. And it wasn’t even ten months ago.

I guess that, because it usually tends to be won by the same 3-4 teams, the FA Cup has felt like a bit of a procession over the past decade and a half.

Comment

At least I can watch this year's.

First post with my new phone...

Comment

Tielemans and Fofana are becoming Immense, as they say.

Comment

I literally didn't even watch last year's, so disinterested was I in another Arsenal v Chelsea v Man City type final.

The only previous one (and the first one) I remember disdaining was 2016. Signora Rogin and I were outside in the main square full of bars in Riga on a nice sunny afternoon and it got to Cup Final time, so Signora Rogin expected me to go off and watch the game somewhere and leave her to go browsing the shops. There were a couple of bars showing it inside but I could already hear the English stag do lads on the piss packing them out so I turned to her and said 'no, you know what, I'm really not bothered' and we went off shopping and wandering together instead.
                  Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 15-05-2021, 17:29.

Comment

Oh yes!

Comment

Wowsers. Pick that one out.

Comment

Yezszx

Comment

The only real memory I have of last year’s final was being moved pub-table twice and then apologising to the member of staff for being a bit brusque with him.

Obviously I wanted both sides to lose, but I have a fifty-year record with Cup finals that I’ve somehow maintained. (Been a struggle since ‘06, however...)

Oh my word. A blooter from Tielemans!

Comment

Back of the net.

Comment

THWACK!

Comment

Woof!

Comment

Yes!! Please let Leicester win the Cup. Brilliant end to a shitty season. Even now VAR had to fucking say, hang on. Glorious to see jumping fans watch it go in.

Comment

Liquid football.

Comment

Stuff yer Super League!

Comment

Best goal in a Cup final since Gerrard's in 2006.

Comment

"They haven't done that to Ngolo Kante'. Yes, because Chilwell is a floppy haired, mouthy twat who didn't actually win the title.

Comment

It’s also impossible to dislike Ngolo Kante.

Comment

Hmm, don’t back off ‘too’ much, Leicester...

Comment

Good substitutions from Tuchel. Cry Havaerts, for England, er Brexit and St. George. Him and Pulisic are worrying.

Comment

I hope 93 year old Frank O'Farrell is able to enjoy this.

Comment

Oh shit Wes Morgan is going to make a mistake in the last minute, isn't he?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X