No announcement yet.

FA Cup, 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I've seen that, and it's better than nothing, but a good measure is if Wikipedia does a better job then the official site is no great shakes. I found much more here:

https://facupfactfile.wordpress.com/

I can't find a list of teams entering at later rounds, for example.

Comment

And from that Twitter account, bad news for The Arsenal:

https://twitter.com/FACupFactfile/st...29736688394242

Comment

"Kicks from the penalty mark".

That would be penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
          Thanks, I've seen that, and it's better than nothing, but a good measure is if Wikipedia does a better job then the official site is no great shakes. I found much more here:

https://facupfactfile.wordpress.com/

I can't find a list of teams entering at later rounds, for example.
          Ah yes, I follow them on twitter but hadn't seen the site.

This site used to be good and had an excellent fixture map for the FA Cup, Vase and Trophy but it's been obsolete for a while, their twitter has been largely inactive recently too.

Comment

Yeah, I used to write reports for The Real FA Cup, but the guys who ran it stopped doing it when one of them moved to New Zealand.

Comment

Were the walkovers due to clubs folding after the extra preliminary round ties having been played?

Comment

Think the bulk of them were Covid related, and subsequent impact of that on squad/travel. Although it looks like Sevenoaks Town against Hounslow was abandoned after an incident of racist abuse

Comment

The draw for the 1st round qualifying

Few games in there which would've had sizeable crowds without restrictions; particularly Warrington Town v South Shields.

Games are on Tuesday 22 September

Comment

Hashtag United have a player from Montserrat.

Do we know if all rounds all the way to the final will have no extra time? That might be a leveler.
                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 19-09-2020, 18:54.

Comment

Could prompt some cavalier attacking football...

Comment

So, erm...what happens now? I think I’m right in saying the Vanarama North/South teams join the 2QR, which is to be drawn on Friday. But they’re not having fans for the foreseeable, are we going to them forced into behind closed doors games? That’ll hit those clubs hard but if the away teams get a share of gate receipts like I think they do in the ‘proper’ rounds, they’ll get hit too.
                        Last edited by Jumbo McGinnis; 23-09-2020, 07:52.

Comment

Aye that point dawned on us when we were watching Whyteleafe last night... that there's going to be less attendable games in rounds going forwards. Unless National North/South sides are allowed to use FA Cup games as test events.

Comment

I think test events are suspended as of Monday so the government itself would have to make an exception for the competition.

But it's all moot if National North/South and/or the EFL abandon the season: grounds closed, all staff and players laid off. The FA would have to give byes to the clubs still in the Cup from Step 3 and below straight into Round 3.

Both this and the League Cup should clearly not have started until crowds were safe to come back at all levels, especially as a second spike has always been on the cards.

Comment

Unless they reverse any ties in which National League South/North teams are drawn at home to see them play away, and make any all National League North/South ties behind closed doors. I'm very much just spitballing here.

Looking at the clubs through to the 2nd Qualifying Round so far, there are quite a few ninth tier teams left in, but only two 10th tier (step 6) sides;
                              • Risborough Rangers, who've thus far upset two tier 9 sides so far; Longlevens (4-1 at home in the EP) and Cobham (3-1 away last night)
                              • Saltash United, who've upset one tier 9 side Plymouth Parkway (EP on pens), and two tier 8 sides; Paulton Rovers (1-0 in the Prelim) and Cirencester town (3-1 last night)

Comment

The second qualifying round has been drawn. At present sides at Step 2, if drawn at home, will be playing their ties behind closed doors. Though apparently the FA are considering a concession on this.

Corinthian Casuals vs Dulwich Hamlet is a very 1920s tie. Potential banana skins for Welling United at Sheppey United and Hampton & Richmond at Corinthian.

Once again there are some ties that could have drawn big crowds if attendances weren't capped; Whitley Bay v Blyth Spartans, Walthamstow v Hornchurch and Alvechurch v Kidderminster.

Last edited by Uros Predic; 25-09-2020, 13:23.

Comment

Damn, I'm away next weekend and would have loved the Corinthian Casuals v Dulwich Hamlet (El Pinkico?), in the event I could have got a ticket?

Is St Albans v Hitchin a big local derby? Met Police v Walton Casuals is a derby but not so big (obviously the regionalised nature of the draw does throw a lot up).
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 25-09-2020, 13:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Is St Albans v Hitchin a big local derby? Met Police v Walton Casuals is a derby but not so big (obviously the regionalised nature of the draw does throw a lot up).
                                    It has been in the past, when both were in the Isthmian League. They'd still have expected a bigger crowd than usual I reckon.

Comment

Oh Christ, I forgot they're at the level where they like won't be allowed a crowd.

Comment

Discussions are "on-going" it seems.

Some thoughts that the tie might be switched to Top Field. But a counter that says that Step Two clubs won't be allowed to play at Step Three grounds with crowds anyway. Technically though the FA Cup competition has nothing to do with the individual league rules does it?

Truth is no one knows WTF is going to happen.

Comment

Conference clubs don't want to play because they'd have to activate contracts which they would then be obliged to meet for the rest of the season, which would put them out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                            Oh Christ, I forgot they're at the level where they like won't be allowed a crowd.
                                            Yep, here's the draw split with games you can attend (ticket availability depending)...

Mossley v Tadcaster Albion
                                            Stalybridge Celtic v Longridge Town
                                            Whitley Bay v Blyth Spartans
                                            Runcorn Linnets v Marine
                                            Ashton United v South Shields
                                            Warrington Rylands v York City
                                            Hyde United v AFC Fylde
                                            Marske United v Consett
                                            Skelmersdale United v Lancaster City
                                            Hednesford Town v Halesowen Town
                                            Coalville Town v Alfreton Town
                                            Tamworth v Evesham United
                                            Chasetown v AFC Telford United
                                            Alvechurch v Kidderminser Harriers
                                            Natwich Town v Barwell
                                            Mickleover v Newark
                                            Buxton v Stafford Rangers
                                            Grantham Town v Matlock Town
                                            Worksop Town v Chester
                                            Nuneaton Borough v Stratford Town
                                            Ilkeston Town v Hanley Town
                                            AFC Dunstable v Hemel Hempstead Town
                                            Maldon & Tiptree v Grays Athletic
                                            Canvey Island v Biggleswade
                                            Cheshunt v Cambridge City
                                            Royston Town v Stamford
                                            barking v Kings Langley
                                            Hashtag United v Braintree Town
                                            Bishop's Stortford v Brentwood Town
                                            Walthamstow v Hornchurch
                                            Leighton Town v Leiston
                                            Brantham Athletic v Aveley
                                            Peterborough Sports v Stansted
                                            Bury Town v Waltham Abbey
                                            Hayes & Yeading United v Bognor Regis Town
                                            Farnborough v Tonbridge Angels
                                            Harrow Borough v Cray Valley Paper Mills
                                            Chipstead v East Grinstead Town
                                            Chichester City v Risborough Rangers
                                            Corinthian-Casuals v Dulwich Hamlet
                                            Haringey Borough v Chertsey Town
                                            Folkestone Invicta v Chatham Town
                                            Hendon v Maidstone United
                                            Hanwell Town v Hartley Wintney
                                            Moneyfields v Cray Wanderers
                                            Sheppey United v Welling United
                                            Corinthian v Hampton & Richmond Borough
                                            Bedfont Sports v Carshalton Athletic
                                            Bracknell Town v Marlow
                                            Met Police v Walton Casuals
                                            Burnham v Whyteleafe
                                            Weston-Super-Mare v Swindon Supermarine
                                            Truro City v Hungerford Town
                                            Saltash United v Sholing
                                            Frome Town v Larkhall Athletic
                                            Christchurch v Gloucester City
                                            Tiverton Town v Taunton Town
                                            Gosport Borough v Hereford
                                            Wimborne Town v Melksham Town
                                            Kidlington v Bristol Manor Farm
                                            Royal Wootton Bassett Town v Oxford City

And games you can't attend...

Guiseley v Atherton Collieries
                                            Chorley v Gateshead
                                            Southport v Morpeth Town
                                            Farsley Celtic v Radcliffe
                                            Curzon Ashton v FC United of Manchester
                                            Darlington v Prescot Cables
                                            Bradford Park Avenue v Spennymoor Town
                                            Boston United v AFC Mansfield
                                            Leamington v Banbury United
                                            Brackley Town v Billericay Town
                                            St Albans City v Hitchin Town
                                            Concord Rangers v Potters Bar Town
                                            Kettering Town v Chelmsford City
                                            Havant & Waterlooville v Horsham
                                            Dartford v Slough Town
                                            Ebbsfleet United v Hastings United
                                            Dorking Wanderers v Eastbourne Borough
                                            Bath City v Winchester City
                                            Chippenham Town v Poole Town

(Bold indicates Step 6 side)

Comment

Five ties there where both clubs would withdraw from the competition if the whole of Step 6 pulls out. The other home clubs could in theory reverse the fixture but they'd still have the issue of activating player contracts if they compete.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post

Yep, here's the draw split with games you can attend (ticket availability depending)...

Warrington Rylands v York City
                                                Latest from Rylands is they're still awaiting confirmation as to whether they will be allowed a crowd in (my suspicion is they won't, due to the rates in the area), and I imagine that'll be the same for a few of the ties involving the better-supported clubs in the technically able to attend section.

But as SD says, a lot will depend on whether the Step 6 clubs are willing to play at all. Seems York are the only NLN club that wants to start the season as scheduled in the current circumstances (solidarity, brothers!), as I assume we're the only club that has already started paying players, but I can't see how that can really work. Another amazing bit of business acumen from our esteemed leader...

Comment

St Albans City confirmed today that their home tie against Hitchin Town will be played behind closed doors.

Comment

I note that they're "10 wins from Wembley". Which would mean that the semi finals will be held elsewhere this season.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X