Wayne Rooney's Derby host Barrow - 2020-21 League Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
    Ipswich have never played Rochdale at Portman Road. If they both get through Round 2, Ipswich will play Rochdale at Portman Road twice in five days.
    Having draws in advance allowed me to post this fascinating fact that you all will have enjoyed.

Of course, they both lost and it's Fulham v Wednesday instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post

Of course, they both lost and it's Fulham v Wednesday instead.
      The winners of which will be away to WBA or Brentford, in the "Never going to be on TV in a million years" section of the draw

Comment

Surely if you were a middling Premiership side outside the top 6 like Newcastle or West Ham, you would maybe look at everybody else putting out weak XIs and think "Maybe if we play our best team instead of in the league, we could go far?"

I get it if you're top 6, but if this is your only realistic shot at a trophy, why not?

Comment

That logic works up until the point where you draw a big 6 club. We've had Man City four times in the last five years - even in the early rounds they're going to put out a strong team from their reserves. (IIRC, their "not" full strength teams against us in the Cup have featured DeBruyne, Sane, Villa, Aguero, Jesus.)

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
            That logic works up until the point where you draw a big 6 club. We've had Man City four times in the last five years - even in the early rounds they're going to put out a strong team from their reserves. (IIRC, their "not" full strength teams against us in the Cup have featured DeBruyne, Sane, Villa, Aguero, Jesus.)
            This. We all got excited last season with a FA quarter final place after years of Ashley public reputation of not caring about cup runs. Though in a lot of ways that attitude still really held. A forgiving draw still meant two games to beat Rochdale and two games to beat Oxford before WBA in 5th round. Got Man C in 6th round and ran up the white flag from kick off.

Comment

I wonder if someone with a pitch facing balcony at Orient will/has put their flat on AirBnB or another website tomorrow. I did see that some well known, EDL supporting hooligans at Orient had one on Saturday, so it could be done.

Comment

Congrats to the Brentford and Man Utd fans here for yesterday's giant killing performances.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbo McGinnis View Post
                  I wonder if someone with a pitch facing balcony at Orient will/has put their flat on AirBnB or another website tomorrow. I did see that some well known, EDL supporting hooligans at Orient had one on Saturday, so it could be done.
                  I saw some snaps of that and didn't know they were wrong 'uns.

Comment

Can I just express my shame at West Ham blasting out a snatch of The Beatles' rendition of "Twist and Shout" to an empty stadium after each goal was scored?

Comment

Burnley are on a cup run. 2020 gets weirder and weirder.

Comment

Barnsley's second 6-0 loss to Chelsea in my lifetime.

Comment

Whereas I've seen us stuff Chelsea 6-0.

Comment

Anyway, at least there was one giant killing tonight.

Comment

Just the eight goals so far in Lincoln v Liverpool. Twenty minutes left.

Comment

Make that nine.

Lincoln 2 - 7 Liverpool with about 5 minutes left.

Comment

Finishes with the same scoreline. Nowhere near as one-sided - in the second half, at least - as that would suggest.

Comment

Some real hammerings this week. More than usual, even with BRCs playing their reserves, who are obviously still in a different price league to most first XIs.

Comment

44-6 aggregate scoreline PL v EFL clubs someone posted on Twitter. The gulf in class was all too much for City tonight, the finishing for Liverpool's first four goals was outstanding, though we didn't help ourselves with some poor defending. Did at least manage to create some half chances, and, after gifting the fifth 20 seconds into the second half, we got better and created plenty of chances. Edun's goal was very well taken. Disappointing defending for the sixth (think keeper is getting a bit of unfair blame), and Palmer might have done better with the seventh but no shame. Just absolutely gutting there wasn't 10,000 fans there to watch it. Still, made ourselves some money which is obviously vital and we kept at it. Very kind of Jurgen to take Van Dijk off at half time.

Comment

Neco Williams has blacked out his Twitter account due to the abuse he has received over his performance against Lincoln.

Modern life certainly is rubbish.

Comment

What was the issue with his performance?

Comment

I think the more pertinent question is what the actual fuck is wrong with people?

Apparently he got abuse from some Liverpool fans after a mistake he made during last night's game.

Fucking morons.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                              I think the more pertinent question is what the actual fuck is wrong with people?

Apparently he got abuse from some Liverpool fans after a mistake he made during last night's game.

Fucking morons.
                                              well i'm relieved to hear that. I didn't want to think that Man utd were the only club who had fans that lost their fucking minds if a team of reserves lacking match fitness didn't produce 90 minutes on a par with the first ninety minutes of a compilation of all messi's goals for barcelona. Except Liverpool won 7 fucking 2.

I am sure that the people giving this abuse are only doing so because they apply the same high standards and unflinching expectation of perpetual peak performance from themselves at all times.

Comment

Oh, indubitably.

Comment

I'm amazed any active sportsman wants an open social media account. Surely they get advised that no more than 5% of messages are going to be anything other than puerile abuse, at best? *

*certainly based on what I post online
                                                  Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 25-09-2020, 15:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                                    Well yes, quite. I was just intrigued by what could possibly prompt abuse of a teenage full back who'd played in a 2-7 away win?!

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 25-09-2020, 15:17.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X