Wayne Rooney's Derby host Barrow - 2020-21 League Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Burnley vs Sheffield United will be streamed live via the Carabao Cup website in Thursday at 5.30.

For a tenner.

Even as a Clarets fan.... no.
    "You're excluded from your club's games by your government fucking up its COVID policy so now we are asking you to pay a tenner for a Mickey Mouse cup game to rub it in."

I'd swap Barnsley's win at Middlesbrough for the three points we lost at home on Saturday, obviously, but I hope we get some cash from this and the Chelsea game, although I'm uneasy if the cash was collected by fleecing locked-out fans of any club (except Franchise).
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 15-09-2020, 19:50.

Comment

Thought Burton Albion did well tonight. Looked game in the first half, but they were always going to lose those energy levels as the game went on. Grealish was sublime at times, and Watkins looks like he'll make the step up to the EPL easily.

Snake - they're charging a tenner through the website???? FFS...

Comment

Oh Gods, anyone but imp banging on about that forever...

Comment

Orient v Spurs must be the first instance of a team being sponsored by an opponents player.

Comment

Gah, I'm torn about last night. We were 2-0 and then completely fell apart to allow Orient to win it right at the end so now miss out on a game against Spurs. But then I wouldn't get to see it anyway and, of course, it could be a full on reserve team as they might be in the next round of the Europa League if they beat Plovdiv tomorrow. However Spurs are one of five clubs I've never seen Argyle play in a competitive fixture and I wouldn't have got to see it but we lost so it's all moot anyway.

If you're interested:
            Spurs (though I saw a friendly we won 1-0 in 1985)
            Manchester United
            FGR (missed the away earlier last season, home game never happened)
            Barrow
            Harrogate

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
              The last time we were drawn against Liverpool, we were beaten by Mansfield in a replay and missed out. Wouldn't put it past Bradford beating us, not that Liverpool would put out a first team.
              Well that was surprisingly easy. Two changes to the Imps line up from Saturday with Melbourne in for Roughan, and Morton starting ahead of Hopper. Have to thank Bradford for being so accommodating last night. Early own goal set us up nicely and their passion for giving the ball away in their own half was much appreciated. Jones scored an absolute peach of a goal from 25 yards, and we are beginning to look more deadly from set pieces than we did under the Cowleys. Monstma now has two league cup goals.
              Wasn't all plain sailing, Bradford carved out enough chances, particularly from corners (we appear to be struggling with them) and wasted a couple of gilt edged chances. They were the better side for 15 minutes after the break but we were quite content soaking up pressure and hitting them on the counter. An excellent team goal, finished by Morton in stoppage time capped off a fine evening. Good to see Liam Bridcutt come on for 10 minutes at the end. If he's fit for Saturday, i don't know who will drop out, assuming we play 4-3-3. Only worry was Harry Anderson limping off in the second half after another excellent performance.

Liverpool next week then, I hope to fuck it isn't on Tuesday night, as I should be playing football.

Comment

Orient have won three games in a week with last-minute goals.

Comment

It was a really good game at Brisbane Road last night – there was one phase of the first half when Plymouth could have gone in with a 6-0 lead but others when we were knocking it about with elan and bossing it. The first game at any level since 17 June that I've in any way lost myself in. Albeit yelling in the kitchen rather than limbs-ing it with all my friends.

And now Tottenham's U23s await, who we've already thrashed in a friendly this season

Comment

What is the story behind "The Lord is my Shepherd" banner covering two sections of the lower stand at The Hawthorns?
                    Last edited by ursus arctos; 16-09-2020, 17:40.

Comment

It's one of the songs they sing.

Comment

Thank you

I didn't even know that there was a recognised tune

Comment

Sung to the tune Crimond apparently.

Comment

I can never hear "The Lord is my shepherd" without cringing a bit at just how obvious it is that his whole nonsense is just the folk tales of bronze age hill shepherds that got out of hand. Thank god the Israelites weren't mostly chicken farmers, or biblical metaphors would be even more hilarious than they currently are. Why couldn't they have venerated Cats like all sensible people?

Comment

Were they washing their *ocks by night?

Comment

Confirmed that City v Liverpool is on Thursday night, live on Sky. Excellent, i'll be at my parents home and able to watch it there rather than pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  What is the story behind "The Lord is my Shepherd" banner covering two sections of the lower stand at The Hawthorns?
                                  It dates back to the shocking run of form West Brom went through in the 1995/96 season where between 28 October 1995 and 3 February 1996, they lost 13 out of 14 league games with only a draw at home to Wolves breaking up the run of defeats. I remember reading in Survival of the Fattest 2 that they started singing it towards the end of that run.

Just to add, between 10 February and 5 May, they only lost 2 of the final 19 matches and finished 11th.
                                  Last edited by kokamoa; 17-09-2020, 12:37.

Comment

Is any top flight club going to field its best team?

Comment

We have no choice. With a toe injury to Tarkowski and Gudmundsson suffering a knee injury in a bad tackle, Down to 15 fit outfield players including the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                        Sung to the tune Crimond apparently.
                                        #I've had, 90 Bisodol...#

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                          Is any top flight club going to field its best team?
                                          Southampton only made one change from Saturday's team.

Brentford made six.

Comment

Just discovered that they made the 4th round draw for this last night before the 2nd round was over (and before the 3rd had even begun). Is this another of those things where they are going to just say "because Covid" with no explanation?

Comment

At a guess I'd say that it's to encourage clubs to put out a stronger team, because they know that "If we win this lads, we'll be playing Man Utd Reserves in the next round!". But this is the bunch who represent a drink that no one's heard of, and do draws at 5 in the morning that have Charlton in them twice, so it could be fucking anything.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post

Southampton only made one change from Saturday's team.

Brentford made six.
                                                Although Southampton's change did mean a debut for Nat Tella, which I found amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                                  At a guess I'd say that it's to encourage clubs to put out a stronger team, because they know that "If we win this lads, we'll be playing Man Utd Reserves in the next round!". But this is the bunch who represent a drink that no one's heard of, and do draws at 5 in the morning that have Charlton in them twice, so it could be fucking anything.
                                                  Although our first home win in this competition since 2014 was tempered slightly that should we beat Millwall, we're likely to get Manchester City yet a-fucking-gain.

Comment

I quite like the knowing who was who in the next round idea, I suppose it would entice me out more to a game if I supported a club knowing a win would set up a tie against a local side, a big club etc. It also helps me from the neutral angle to decide what game to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X