Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The usual?

Comment

I believe that the large majority of sportspeople have their "people" do the social media accounts that bear their names, while maintaining "burner" accounts that are not easily linked to the player.

Sports agencies in North America have teams of employees dedicated to this function.

Comment

Timo Werner gets his first for Chelsea. Against Spurs, because obviously.

Comment

Both teams fielding strong-ish XIs, which I find surprising.

Comment

Spurs looking far better in the second half so far.

Comment

Lamela equalizes. Do they go straight to penalties after 90 minutes?

Comment

Yep, games in the first five rounds are straight to penalties.

Comment

Strap in, here we go...

Comment

Can't remember when I last saw my lot win a shoot-out.

Perhaps the second-eleven should be the first-eleven?

Comment

Brentford 3 Fulham 0.

Wrong competition.

Comment

Fulham are showing 2007-08 Derby County levels of awfulness.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                          Brentford 3 Fulham 0.

Wrong competition.
                          Yep. Brentford have already beaten more PL teams than Fulham will this season.

The backheel nutmeg will put another couple of million on the asking price for Benrahma. I hope any prospective buyers will take into account Paul Merson's assessment that he can't do it in big games.

Comment

This is going to be one of those games that Liverpool dominate and still lose.

Comment

See?

Comment

I can at least console myself with the fact that Arsenal won't win the cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                  I can at least console myself with the fact that Arsenal won't win the cup.
                                  you can at least console yourself that Liverpool don't have to play any more games in this cup. The next round is going to be in the couple of days before Christmas. I thought Klopp was going to take off grujic for repeatedly trying to score.

BTW have spurs just played three times in six days?

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                    Fulham are showing 2007-08 Derby County levels of awfulness.
                                    To finish anywhere near Derby from 2007-8 really would be an achievement given the level of investment that Fulham have made over the last 3 years. At least Derby could point to the fact that they were a cheaply stiched together Division 1 team that ground their way through the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                      BTW have spurs just played three times in six days?

Utter nonsense.

It's three times in five days.

Comment

How many players participated in all three games? Nobody has played all 7 of their fixtures without being subbed at least twice. They also had a day off when the Orient game was cancelled

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E...ur_F.C._season

However, I had expected Mourinho to field the youth team on Tuesday but, to his credit, he chose to make a game of it, perhaps because League Cup win followed next season by Europa win might still be their most plausible route to the CL. Whether he'll feel the same way in Xmas week is a different matter, but there's a big COVID bridge to cross before then.
                                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 02-10-2020, 14:52.

Comment

https://twitter.com/migueldelaney/status/1311390430601281539?s=21

Comment

Once again we'll have to wait for a Manchester derby in a Cup final as they get drawn together. And before Mourinho ruins their dreams like a spoilt child stamping on a younger sibling's sandcastle, worth noting for posterity Brentford's first ever appearance in a semi-final.

What night of the week is the Europa Conference League going to be on?
                                            Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 24-12-2020, 11:47.

Comment

Well done for finding the thread Rogin - I looked, but no one else could be bothered to go back that far!

Given that the match after the semi is the FA Cup third round, I'm assuming both Frank and Mourinho will go full strength in the semi, and put the reserves out in the FA.

Comment

Spurs have got an extra day off to prepare for their trip to Liverpool to play Marine as well, so yes, I'd be surprised if you don't see all the big guns rolled out for this one.

Comment

Europa Conference League will be Thursdays, with an additional time slot being used for some games in the afternoon.

The final will be on a Wednesday with the Europa League final moving to the day after.

Spurs and possibly Man U will be busy in April if they are in the League Cup Final on the last Sunday and the EL SFs on April 29 and May 6. Man City could in theory have the League Cup final on April 25 and a CL SF first leg on April 27.
                                                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-12-2020, 21:36.

Comment

Mourinho parking the bus as usual in a big game, starting with Lucas Moura, Son and Kane up front.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X