No announcement yet.

No More Harry - Premier League 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, that may have come across as a bit snarky - it wasn't meant to.

Leicester have a major trophy, they have to be happy with the season overall.

Comment

FA Cup winners and 5th in the League, behind 4 of the big 6 and above Spurs and Arsenal in the table. Too bloody right I'd have taken that at the start of the season and whilst there is a twinge of disappointment at missing out on the CL (again), that's more than made up by the fact that my team have now won two trophies in the past few years which I would never have thought possible while watching them for much of my lifetime.

Comment

Klopp: "I am so happy for the Champions League that they don’t have to play without us."

Even as a joke, that's not a very endearing statement.

Comment

Maybe he's already decided to leave so "us" is being used with that knowledge?

OTOH I think the challenge for Liverpool next year is to get back up to Man City's domestic level (and above Man U and Chelsea's) and the CL may actually be a distraction (for him specifically if not for the owners and fans) given he's on record as not liking two games a week.

On Leicester, I think another season above Spurs and Arsenal would do nicely.
          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-05-2021, 12:19.

Comment

Liverpool may lose more players than just Wijnaldum in the summer, but effectively in the last ten games Klopp has worked out that he's got backups in defence and midfield who can cope with PL football. I think we'll see more rotation between weekend and midweek teams next year and no more playing Henderson and Fabinho as centre halves which should shut up some of his whining about too many fixtures.
            Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 24-05-2021, 12:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
              ...which should shut up some of his whining about too many fixtures.
              Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                Also, I really like Grealish and have defended him quite a lot on here but that playacting to get Azpilicueta sent off was lamentable.

The authorities agree and overturn the red card.

Comment

Working...
                X