No More Harry - Premier League 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    The Liverpool game against WBA could have been moved forward to slot Man U v Liverpool into the weekend. On the afternoon of the protest, when discussions were taking place, the pundits assumed this was the plan.
    The Liverpool WBA game has been a game for this weekend all season. Obviously since the fixtures were first published last year. I cant recall any precedent when organisers of the league asked clubs to swap their games to suit one particular fixture in the league calendar. The Man Utd Liverpool game always had to be worked around that fact. The Premier League were never going to enforce a fixture swap. WBA would have every grounds for complaint if they had. As I understand it an approach was made to WBA from Man Utd to swap but was declined. As they were entitled to do.

Comment

Nat Phillips at the centre of the action so far - shinning Man U in front and then getting flattened by an out of control Bailly and not even getting a foul for it.

Comment

Fair points, well made.

This game so far has encapsulated how Man U have played with confidence since Xmas while Liverpool have been tentative and second guessing themselves.

Edit: Cue the equalizer. Liverpool suddenly playing very well.
        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 13-05-2021, 19:50.

Comment

Christ, Man U are defending like planks. Still plenty of time for Liverpool's own dodgy defence to cave in though.

Comment

Well, that was most unexpected. Still expected Man U to equalise right up until Salah put the 4th away.

Comment

Liverpool played like a team that needed a result. United played like a team that had the result in the bag.

Comment

No surprise that Man City won the league by a street when you see how these two gave the ball away so much. OTOH I think if they'd played on the original date, it would have been far less open and entertaining.

The NBC commentators were foolishly behaving (especially Dixon) as if Liverpool have these next nine points in the bag already. Hugely disrespectful to Burnley, WBA and Palace, and totally ignores Liverpool's prior form. I'd prefer to be the side that has 66 points with two play than 60 with three but there's just an assumption among the commentariat that the BRC in 5th will get the points and Leicester will lose to the BRC in 4th.
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 13-05-2021, 21:35.

Comment

Yeah, I can't see us winning all three.

Comment

Is Henderson normally as rubbish as he looked tonight?

Comment

DeGea is ten times the keeper Henderson is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                        Is Henderson normally as rubbish as he looked tonight?
                        Yes

Comment

I really enjoyed that game today. It looked like Liverpool were going to get 7, and Manchester United decided to play. Ferociously.

Hilarious fun. You better win that fucking cup. I don't give a fuck. It's Villarreal. You better win that fucking cup. No excuses.

Comment

I suppose you don't know what you've got till it's gone, as the song goes. Turns out, McGuire is the head of the chicken...

Comment

A particular breed of chicken with a massive square head.

Comment

I spent a lot of the match thinking exactly the same.

Or thinking about Fred's pathological need to push that big shiny self-destruct button. To be fair, he played really well when he wasn't playing really badly, and that self-destruct button has a similar effect on some of his team mates too.

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post
                                  DeGea is ten times the keeper Henderson is.
                                  This week certainly hasn't proved the best time for him to start preening in the media...

Comment

Pogba's default setting now seems to be to turn into traffic, fall over, and sit on the ground appealing for a free. That, and losing the player he's marking at set pieces.

Comment

Why did OGS select him: injuries? Are France going to pick him for the Euros? He must be the member of their World Cup side whose value has dropped the most.

Comment

I thought he'd been putting in some decent appearances recently. I couldn't see the game yesterday, though.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                          Pogba's default setting now seems to be to turn into traffic, fall over, and sit on the ground appealing for a free. That, and losing the player he's marking at set pieces.
                                          That is not fair. He ran down the wings, crossed the ball, and then ended up on his arse. He was actually pretty good. Just... yeah, he's best in the middle of the middle, and United will never play him that way.

Comment

Seems like Manchester City have determined to become a three ring circus of entertainment for the remaining league games (where they deem it better to rest a lot of players)

Comment

Selecting OIHSP's Scott Carson in goal certainly guarantees excitement, although he actually played quite well by all accounts. His first PL appearance in 10 years (the last was a 3-3 draw).
                                              He's at the end of a second season on loan from Derby to Man City, maybe they can't afford to sign him.

Meanwhile Joe Willock scored for the 5th game running - he's rapidly putting himself beyond Mike Ashley's price range.

Comment

Okay, I’ll concede that Leeds are pretty good.

Comment

They're not up against much today. Can't remember the Clarets record under Dyche in meaningless end of season rubbers, but it's not very good.

Comment

Regardless, that was some cross field pass for the fourth.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X