No More Harry - Premier League 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobachevsky View Post
    well at least you dont have to.put up with us winning often.
    <high five>

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post
      To MarkF:

Bizarre opening comment. The attitude I referred to was your strange need to crow over the opposition's manager and captain, neither of whom I would consider to be particularly offensive, rather than praise your own team's performance. Like I said, Brighton came with a plan and it worked, fair play, even if they were helped by a dodgy VAR decision.

Thanks for picking up on autocorrect. I nearly fell over laughing at your 'fish' joke, once I realised. We had a Lamptey at the Villa years ago, yours looks a significantly better prospect. I suspect we'll be seeing more 'bitter tears' though when he joins a bigger club.

Of course Grealish takes advantage of being fouled, the way to avoid this is to stop fouling him. Glad to see you've spotted Maupay is in some ways a nasty piece of work. Who's he learning from? He was the same at Brentford. He's a good player, but like many others, the type who'll only ever be loved by his own team's supporters.

Still, it was a good result for you today- enjoy it
      Hi 1974ddr,

I agree in and of itself, I can see why you'd think it an odd remark. I promise you I enjoyed very much getting a result our play this season so far has merited. I was being a smidgen unkind to Mr Smith perhaps, I just remember his reaction after the Sheffield United game last season and was looking forward to his post-match comments. To be fair he wasn't as bad as I thought he might have been. For Grealish, just take your last paragraph and transpose the names. Who's Maupay learning from? Not sure but who do they have in common?

Anyway, onwards and upwards...

Comment

They might currently be outside the bottom three, but Fulham are almost certainly going to go straight back down, and definitely whilst Parker stays in charge. They have been completely overrun by Everton here. The fact that they managed to get a win against West Brom confirms that they are probably going down with them. Burnley and Sheffield United could potentially string some results together but they are in danger of been cut adrift in a winner takes all bottom four if they don't do it soon.

Comment

Couple of people are not really reading the room, here. OTF has never been a place for individual running battles over who did what in what game. If you want to indulge in ugh, banter, take it to PM. The match is done and dusted, and while people are able - and should feel free - to vent immediately after a result, it's just a game. Move on.

Comment

yes its a shame that for the first time in the history of the Premier League THE VAN DYKE DISASTER has struck.

its completely invalidated the competition.

id put Spurs chances at about 10%.
            I’m not blaming injuries in the slightest in fact we’ve been very fortunate the last couple of seasons to retain the spine of the team without too much disruption. When you lose your two main defenders long term and the back-up is an injury waiting to happen then you’re fucked really.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
              Anyway. Lump on Leicester to get at least four.
              This is why I don't bet.

Comment

I thought Liverpool had zero players left and they'd be relying on some urchins from the streets. And yet those urchins won a Premier league fixture? Or did I just misunderstand the OTf massive?

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                  I thought Liverpool had zero players left and they'd be relying on some urchins from the streets. And yet those urchins won a Premier league fixture? Or did I just misunderstand the OTf massive?
                  Greatest against the odds victory in the clubs history since last week.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    Just one very vociferous person who thinks that injuries only occur to BRCs.

Comment

When was the last time both Manchester clubs were this far off the pace?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                        When was the last time both Manchester clubs were this far off the pace?
                        In terms of position, 1989-90, when they finished 13th and 14th. Liverpool won the title that year on 79 points, with the club who had won the European Cup eight years before in second and Tottenham third. Hmm.

Comment

Spurs had the top scorer, Man City's manager was sacked, Man U's manager kept his job by winning the Cup. The runner up's manager became the next England boss, with disastrous consequences. The runner-up then employed a foreign coach on his international record rather than any club pedigree. The 2nd tier playoff winners were denied promotion for financial dodginess.
                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 22-11-2020, 23:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                            Spurs had the top scorer, Man City's manager was sacked, Man U's manager kept his job by winning the Cup. The runner up's manager became the next England boss, with disastrous consequences. The runner-up then employed a foreign coach on his international record rather than any club pedigree. The 2nd tier playoff winners were denied promotion for financial dodginess.
                            And the best selling single this year was a 25 year old recording of a 35 year old song.

Comment

Iirc spurs finished third after a fantastic late season run which covered the cracks of a pretty mediocre season.

being spurs its the late season run that we needed in any of the other 80s seasons when we'd actually been a decent side.

anyway - top of the league. for the thick end of a week as well. might get excited if we are still top after 2 london derbies in the next fortnight. not sure how long we were top for in 2014. hot a feeling weve managed about 6 weeks in my spurs supporting lifetime (67).

Comment

anyway - top of the league. for the thick end of a week as well. might get excited if we are still top after 2 london derbies in the next fortnight. not sure how long we were top for in 2014. hot a feeling weve managed about 6 weeks in my spurs supporting lifetime (67).
                                Spurs were top for a mere week in August 2014, following opening victories over West Ham (a, 1-0) and QPR (h, 4-0). (We were dumped on our asses by Liverpool at the Lane the following week.)

Similar happened at the start of 2009-10, when Spurs led the table after three victories. (Oddly we also won the fourth game, but slipped behind Chelsea on goal difference.)

Comment

BURNLEY HAVE DONE A GOAL!

Comment

Congratulations!

(What's the point of Crystal Palace?)

Comment

4 points a season to us, on average.

Comment

December fixtures are out, rearranged for telly. Got to feel sorry for Wolves, who play two games in under 48 hours, the second opponent will have had 30 hours more rest.

Comment

Burnley v Man U is still TBC for some reason.
                                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 27-11-2020, 21:34.

Comment

I think that is the one postponed at the start of the season as Man U were on the break after getting to the latter stages of the Europa League.

Comment

Why didn't the FA just announce up front they were making this year's Premier League a handicap race where Liverpool would start every game 1-0 down, instead of all this nonsense about finding any way possible to rule out perfectly good goals or award stupid penalties against them? It's worse than the bloody WWF. Fucking joke.

Comment

Are we absolutely sure that Rogin isn't a satirical invention of EIM's?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                                  Are we absolutely sure that Rogin isn't a satirical invention of EIM's?
                                                  He's saving me a lot of work, meaning I can enjoy my furlough in peace. I appreciate his help.

Comment

The penalty was soft, even Wellbeck conceded that, but it was nonetheless a penalty.

Edit: Viz PL games on TV, I've still no idea which thread I’m supposed to post on.
                                                    Last edited by Jah Womble; 28-11-2020, 15:13.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X