No More Harry - Premier League 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumbo McGinnis View Post

PM’s are open if you can manage something with any detail and intelligence.
    Weren't you the one crying about online abuse recently?

Comment

The BBC have done the side-on replay at half-time, and Perez was indeed onside anyway. So questions about being active (it looks on second viewing like he did play at the ball) are obviated.

And the decision that Chris Wood did not handle on Burnley’s goal was also correct. Why a two handed shove to move the defender out of the way is OK is a different question that doesn’t appear to be being asked. It was very far from shoulder to shoulder, that being the only legal physical contact in Football.

Comment

I believe ‘threading the needle’ is the phrase for Tielemans pass there. Pieters had to try and and get a touch with Vardy behind him. But could he have reached through ball, though?

Comment

The Guardian don't even have a page up for the Leicester vs Burnley game. Seems odd.

Comment

Yeah, that does. These are two decent top half teams, who tend to produce games with incident in them and goals when they meet.

Lucky break to drop just right for James Justin there. He took it neatly, though.

Comment

I presume that ear-splitting scream of “put your fucking foot in” was from Dyche. Whoever it was isn’t wrong but I’m surprised the BBC haven’t apologised for it.

Ah, there we go!

I don’t think the scoring is over here. It could end 5-1... or 3-3.

Comment

3-3 is looking the more likely now. Good finish by the kid there.

Comment

Nostrajanikus strikes again - I offer two possible scores that include two more goals. Which is two of the only three possible options for adding two to the then scoreline. And now the discounted choice is the score, and this time I think the scoring is done.

And everyone piles on to at least 7 goals in the game...

Comment

James Justin may have scored, but defensively he has had a pretty torrid game.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                      The Guardian don't even have a page up for the Leicester vs Burnley game. Seems odd.
                      London media bias.

Comment

So that's 16 games, no draws and 62 goals. So it's not just the paranoia and political division that's gone back to the 1950s.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Weren't you the one crying about online abuse recently?
                          So, you think it’s okay?

Don’t you have weird posts to make about journalists being jealous about a teenager not having to pay for sexual intercourse?
                          Last edited by Jumbo McGinnis; 20-09-2020, 20:40.

Comment

Bantz! Football365 is that way, Jumbo.
                            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 20-09-2020, 20:52.

Comment

So, you think it’s okay?

Don’t you have weird posts to make about journalists being jealous about a teenager not having to pay for sexual intercourse?
                              He's not the one writing quasi-racist juvenalia.

Comment

So, you think it’s okay?

That wasn't me. But good try Jimbo.

Comment

Looking forward to my apology. PM's are open.

Comment

There’s a lot of deliberate misunderstanding going on. It’s too late on a Sunday night to be dealing with it. Stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                      There’s a lot of deliberate misunderstanding going on. It’s too late on a Sunday night to be dealing with it. Stop it.
                                      Is that a reference to Leicester's defending? It was pretty shambolic and a better (sorry Snake) or luckier team than Burnley would definitely have got something from that match.

Comment

Deliberate? You give him too much credit.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post

Is that a reference to Leicester's defending? It was pretty shambolic and a better (sorry Snake) or luckier team than Burnley would definitely have got something from that match.
                                          Nah. It went how I thought, with a CB pairing of a kid making his debut and Kevin Long. Losing JBG and Brady again in successive games is a killer even before having a short bench. Could have ended 3-3 but a fair result in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                            Scott Parker is definitely confusing me. In the play off final he worked out the perfect way to defend against Brentford, his team put it into action perfectly, and they deservedly won. I was expecting similar this season, carefully watching how his opponents play and setting up his players accordingly. Instead, his team talks seem to be "Hey guys, we're in the Prem! Now go out there and rund around like primary school kids who've just had their Sunny D".
                                            You don't see tie clips very much these days. Parker is clearly bringing them back into fashion.

Comment

Nah. It went how I thought, with a CB pairing of a kid making his debut and Kevin Long. Losing JBG and Brady again in successive games is a killer even before having a short bench. Could have ended 3-3 but a fair result in my opinion.

It's been a terrible few days for the Bader Ginsburg family.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post

You don't see tie clips very much these days. Parker is clearly bringing them back into fashion.
                                                He really isn't.

Comment

Genuine question here, and feel no obligation or rush to answer it, what's the misunderstanding?

As far as I can see (and I'll admit I am seeing one side of the argument only when it is quoted in replies) a poster has made a facile, or perhaps worse, remark about a player's Ghanaian surname and other posters have understandably objected.

When called out about it that poster has become aggressive and abusive in an attempt to deflect the criticism.

As an aside, I don't think you have to "deal with it" and this place is at it's best when it's self-policing. That might not always be the way but certainly in this case nobody's gone over the top in their objections to the original post.
                                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 20-09-2020, 22:42.

Comment

I notice that france, italy spain and Germany are all going with five substitutes. Indeed other leagues that played yesterday that also have five substitutes include Scotland, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Poland, austria, switzerland, Greece, turkey, Japan and the USA. In the three substitutes camp you have England and wales. So basically every league on the sporting life feeds except for England and Wales.

I'm sure there is a good reason for this (Well one welsh team only had four listed substitutes so I think you can infer strongly from that)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X