No More Harry - Premier League 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No More Harry - Premier League 2020/21

I don't think that we have a thread already unless someone points me that way. Anyway.

Start 12th September

Finished 23rd May

Christmas fixtures: Sat 19th Dec, Sat 26th Dec Mon 28th Dec, Sat 2nd Jan

Looks like there is a "split" round - Wed 13th Jan and Weds 20th Jan. Guessing that is the winter break.

Means FA Cup Round 3 is Sat 9th Jan.

Fixtures out no later that Friday 21st August.

I heard on the radio that there was no winter break next season but I never quite got to grips with how it worked anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      I heard on the radio that there was no winter break next season but I never quite got to grips with how it worked anyway.
      Wasn't it staggered in some way, as in shift work?

Comment

African Cup of Nations back on for January - February, for any sides with African international players. Edit: no, scratch that, I'd missed the further announcement it's now January 2022 not 2021.
        Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 15-08-2020, 20:11.

Comment

I like those Christmas fixtures, it’s almost like the old days. All we need now is each weekend’s games being 3pm on a Saturday.

Comment

That Xmas/NY schedule is still standard for the EFL.

Comment

Actually yes it used to be 24th, 26th 31st didn’t it? In them good old days.

Comment

In them good old days wasn't a consecutive days with the Boxing Day fixtures being a reverse of those on Christmas Day?

Comment

I'm not sure if Christmas Eve football has ever been a thing.

Greens on Screen shows Argyle as having played eight games on that date spread over 50 years, the last being a 3-1 defeat to Nottingham Forest in 1955.
                  Last edited by Greenlander; 16-08-2020, 01:24.

Comment

My memory may be a little rose tinted.

Comment

Xmas Eve was still a work day for many, I think. It's not a Bank Holiday.

Boxing Day: It's almost as if the men were avoiding being at home with their families

Comment

It's still very much a work day now.

Boxing Day is my favourite day of the year when Cheltenham are at home. When they're away, it's only ok.

Comment

It's still a work day for me. It's one that I always work, too, since they've sent us home at lunchtime every year for the last fourteen years (when it's fallen on a weekend excluded, obvs), and I ain't using a whole day's vacation for a half day.

Why not take a half day in the morning, I (don't) hear you ask. Because they never, ever tell us until the very last minute.

Comment

I think the Xmas Eve games mentioned above might have been when the day fell on a Saturday. Same with New Years Eve. Possibly earlier than usual kick-offs (would have been earlier than 3pm anyway with no floodlights).

Comment

Originally posted by My Name Is Ian View Post
                              It's still a work day for me. It's one that I always work, too, since they've sent us home at lunchtime every year for the last fourteen years (when it's fallen on a weekend excluded, obvs), and I ain't using a whole day's vacation for a half day.

Why not take a half day in the morning, I (don't) hear you ask. Because they never, ever tell us until the very last minute.
                              Our's is exactly the same, so I always book the pm off to be on the safe-side. I then get it given back to start the new year.

I don't mind working Xmas week either because Xmas Eve, Day and Boxing Day with my rabble is long enough thanks.

Anyway - Premier League - Spurs are signing Joe Hart on a two year deal as back up to Lloris. I quite like that move.

Comment

I read that they'd also been interested in Ben Foster and I think he'd have been the better option, but it is what it is.

Comment

Jurgen appears to have taken the Liverpool squad out to cycle up mountains in Austria. The team photos are very Von Trapp family. Of course it could be for a new Nivea advert.

Comment

The fixtures are out tomorrow for those interested. A day early.

Comment

The May day bank holiday's already got "title decider" written all over it, Man United v Liverpool.

Comment

Liverpool home to Leeds on opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                          I like those Christmas fixtures, it’s almost like the old days. All we need now is each weekend’s games being 3pm on a Saturday.
                                          How are the new season’s Xmas fixtures (as SP describes them) different from recent years?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                            The May day bank holiday's already got "title decider" written all over it, Man United v Liverpool.
                                            It'll probably be played on a Tuesday in late July.

Comment

And be a dead rubber.

Comment

Looking forward to Burnley's big opening weekend game against Postponed.

Comment

The thread title is giving me a Limahl earworm.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X