• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to drop all future protests if Cavani signs an extension

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

You'd be better off at tonight's match.

When is Steve bruce going to get the credit that he fully deserves, for doing such a fine job under such trying circumstances.
      Would like to think this is irony at finest.

Comment

Everton have done Liverpool a favour by beating West Ham. Could be very tight between Liverpool and Leicester, whose last 3 games are Man U, Chelsea and Spurs (but with the caveat that one or more or these may not field their best teams and Spurs are unraveling).
        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 09-05-2021, 17:40.

Comment

Leicester could do with Man Utd beating Liverpool, really. Everton beating West Ham today was helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
            Leicester could do with Man Utd beating Liverpool, really. Everton beating West Ham today was helpful.
            Unfortunately that game isn't going ahead. However, Leicester will be beating Manchester United in a few days time.
            Last edited by EIM; 09-05-2021, 21:20.

Comment

If Man United field a player against Leicester that even their reserve team coach could identify I will be astonished.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Unfortunately thar game isn't going ahead. However, Leicester will be bearing Manchester United in a few days time.
                There simply no reason why Man Utd will want to beat Leicester is there

Comment

Originally posted by ale View Post

For posterity's sake, they'd presumably rather finish second than third, while Chelsea could still mathematically overtake them.

Comment

Would like to think this is irony at finest.
                    well yes and no. Do I think that steve bruce is a professional fraud, and a payoff sponge who is delaying the onward march of football by taking a managerial job, that could go to someone who might someday be good? Yes, Yes I do. on the other hand do I think Steve bruce has done quite well this season given the hand he was dealt? the answer is also yes.

Thing is, People have a tendency to look at this season, and get upset with managers, that things aren't as they should be, but don't really focus on how well managers are playing the cards they are dealt. I think the one exception is Liverpool, where a lot of fans are having to learn that a run of injuries to key players can make even the best of managers and best of players look like gobshites. It's either that, or throw the same scorn at klopp that they threw at say solksjaer in the first two thirds of last season, (and yes, I'm thinking of one liverpool fan in particular)

Comment

They will want to beat leicester, but their ability to do so may be limited by the pressure of playing all those games so close together. Man utd wanted to beat leicester in the FA cup, but they had to play a midweek european game, and rotate a few players, while Leicester had had a week off, and were able to simply out run man utd. The noticeable thing about the man utd game today was that they attacked villa quite enthusiastically for the first ten minutes in an effort to put the game away, before easing off when it didn't work.

Comment

Some Manchester United fans probably don't want to beat Leicester. Manchester United's players and coaches will go for it to whatever extent they can, for the professional pride reasons. Plus the vague hope that Manchester City might completely implode.

Comment

Maupay and Coady had some sort of aerial clash about five minutes from the end. Coady offered some advice about Maupay's reaction and Maupay seemed to kick out (it was behind play, just within shot, but neither ref nor commentators noticed). Then at the end Coady offered some further verbals and Maupay lost it before chuntering on to the ref to get sent off.

Comment

I've just renewed my season ticket for the 2021-22 season, price frozen and minus the dosh owed from its 2019-20 iteration.

Chelsea are also going on two different directions on the seating front, or supporter experience as it probably says somewhere in the blurb. On the one hand the West Upper is being renamed Westview and being tarted up, with extra facilities at a price for the punters. On the other, rail seating is being installed behind the goals in the Matthew Harding Lower and Shed End.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
                              Maupay and Coady had some sort of aerial clash about five minutes from the end. Coady offered some advice about Maupay's reaction and Maupay seemed to kick out (it was behind play, just within shot, but neither ref nor commentators noticed). Then at the end Coady offered some further verbals and Maupay lost it before chuntering on to the ref to get sent off.
                              I must say, I missed all that excitement.

Comment

Someone check on EIM

https://twitter.com/manutd_es/status/1391800722342268933

Comment

For the last day’s matches, I’ll take a wild punt on Sky focusing attention on CL qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                    It's the greatest day.

Comment

Give him a floppy hat and he'd be a musketeer.

Comment

Cavani is better looking

Comment

His Nelly plaster has gone.

Comment

The relegation battle ended early as a damp squib this year.

Comment

One day I'll manage to resist the urge to google a young player with a surname like Thomas or Williams (or Jones, Hughes or Davies) to check for Welsh birth/heritage when I see their name on a PL team sheet.

Today is not that day.
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 11-05-2021, 18:48.

Comment

Leicester are edgy and nervous while Man U's reserves seem happy to have been given a chance to show that they should be in the 1st team.

Comment

My step-brother is currently in his third day of paid work to sit at the Etihad with a camera for Sky in case Manchester City win the title. It has been a good earner.

Comment

OGS makes substitutions while about defend a corner. Result: easy headed goal for Leicester.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X