No announcement yet.

No More Harry - Premier League 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maguire convicted of assault, attempted bribery, violence and insult.

Comment

Southgate should've held fire or at least kept schtum.

So much for this 'insight' that was supposedly 'very different from what is being reported' and having 'no reason to doubt him'.

Comment

Apparently part of the system of being convicted of attempted bribery is that you now pay the court to spare yourself jail time.

No, me either.

Comment

Southgate’s making it up as he goes along. So it’s a crime to try and bribe Greek officials now is it? The trial was a farce (c.Richard Keys)

Comment

I've just noticed Rogin's strange "Location."

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
              Apparently part of the system of being convicted of attempted bribery is that you now pay the court to spare yourself jail time.

No, me either.
              The court fine will, I presume, go to charity instead of into some desk sergeants pocket. It will also save the Greek jail system the cost of looking after the lanky twat.

Comment

Neither side's version of the facts makes any sense

Comment

Poor Southgate. If you can’t trust the word of a gentleman where are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Beast View Post
                    Poor Southgate. If you can’t trust the word of a gentleman where are we?
                    Sounds like he doesnt. He has withdrawn him from England squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                      Maguire convicted of assault, attempted bribery, violence and insult.
                      Does anyone else think that "insult" makes it sound like it's the Middle Ages and he's slapped someone across the face with a glove and called them a cuckold?

Comment

Says the lawyer from a jurisdiction where "Affray" remains a crime

Comment

Battering a banterific fan, falling foul of the foreign rozzers, getting falsely charged with crimes while representing England, (And representing England he truly was) he may remind people of Jack Charlton on the pitch..... in the second half of his time with ireland, but in reality he is the fusion of Eric Cantona and Bobby Moore.

Maguire is clearly the victim of a travesty of injustice here. A cruel vengeance exacted by a country sullenly jealous of Britain reclaiming its freedom from the tyranny of the European union. Until last year young english men could batter the head off each other at closing time, just like they were still at home, and the police would look on, beaming benevolently at these young people joyously expressing their culture, but now, the batons and the tear gas comes out, and they are treated as little other than lobster red North Africans.

And don't believe a word about the treacle slow tardiness of Greek Bureaucracy, they can knock together a Kangaroo court quicker than anyone in europe. Surely this incident will prompt someone, possibly mumford and Sons to rework "Streets of Sorrow/Birmingham six." For poor SIr Harry, was guilty of little other than being "English in the wrong place, at the wrong time."

Comment

Wow. WingCo mixed up his Berbaslug log-in for his England Match Report login there.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              Watch it, or you'll be up before the beak on a trumped up charge of wanton and furious driving.

Comment

"They claim Harry Maguire said 'Do you know who I am? I'm the captain of Manchester United, I'm very rich, I can give you money. I can pay you. Please let us go"

As far as quotes go, this sounds as likely as the claim Matthew Simmons said "Off you go, Mr Cantona, an early bath for you!"

Comment

I
                                  Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                  As far as quotes go, this sounds as likely as the claim Matthew Simmons said "Off you go, Mr Cantona, an early bath for you!"
                                  The version I saw was "leader of manchester united."

He totally did try to bribe those lads though. It does give you an insight into the difficulties of running a judicial system when most people are only in a place for a week or a fortnight. You've got to get them arrested, processed, tried, convicted, and fined before their flight home.

The thing that I'm a bit surprised at is that the Russian gangsters, who own that club he was at, didn't have some sort of concierge arrangement with the local police. I mean what exactly are you getting for your ?18k bottle of champagne. Service standards are slipping.

Comment

Famously incorruptible, the Greek police.

Comment

Well - if you want to take a chance on it, like.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

Does anyone else think that "insult" makes it sound like it's the Middle Ages and he's slapped someone across the face with a glove and called them a cuckold?
                                        To be fair, calling someone a variant of cuckold is as modern as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                          In American football, "exuberance" is seen as a punishable offence, something I only know from watching The Play.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                            Wow. WingCo mixed up his Berbaslug log-in for his England Match Report login there.
                                            Haha, while undoubtedly a strong and conscious influence, don't forget that the mock heroic is an important part of irish culture. this song being a prime example.in the english language.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                              'Do you know who I am? I'm the captain of Manchester United, I'm very rich, I can give you money. I can pay you. Please let us go"
                                              The only reason I think that hasn't been run through Google Translate between English and Greek a few times is that it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

The only reason I think that hasn't been run through Google Translate between English and Greek a few times is that it makes sense.
                                                It did occur to me that "I'm the captain of f***ing Manchester United you c***s" might not go back and forward in translation. Or indeed not have the same emphasis in Greek as intended in Anglo Saxon.
                                                Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 26-08-2020, 15:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

In American football, "exuberance" is seen as a punishable offence, something I only know from watching The Play.

I believe that the current NFL penalty is for "excessive celebration"

Comment

Maguire was paying tribute to his favourite King Kong actress, Affray Wray.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X