Clear All

Epic.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        https://nationalonlinesafety.com/gui...be-kind-online

Please, Ray. It's a Sunday, ffs.

Comment

Who is that, in the photo? Someone famous?

Comment

I thought it might be Dirk Kuyt, but I’m not confident.

Comment

I'm guessing that if Man Utd don't get something at Newcastle next week, that could precipitate a change of coach. But I've been wrong before..

Comment

It's Dirk Kuyt dressed as Sloth from The Goonies.

Comment

With Peter Crouch in the parrot costume, famously.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                    I don't know. Do you need a Sky or BT sub to get Sky Box Office?

Also: Fuck. That.
                    Snake - the cheapest way to watch Sky is via a Now TV pass. It gives you access to all the standard Sky channels including sports. I have it via my BT account. it's a ?20pm add on to an already eye-watering subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      The "you" in my post stands for a wider group. I'm not a supporter or defender of this move, just pointing out that the "But we've had these extra matches for nothing for months" argument isn't really a winning one.

As per my earlier post on the matter, the real issue is the supporter who would be attending these games but for the restrictions and they should have some kind of workaround for the broadcasts.
                      Yep, agreed. 'My' decision is just that - I don't feel any entitlement to extra games, just see the value of it when nobody can attend for real.

This, however, feels like a hugely exploitative move: the arbitrary amount demanded for these PPV matches - which are after all non-critical PL fixtures - seems completely unnecessary to me. I hope fans will vote with their feet.

Comment

Originally posted by gt3 View Post

Snake - the cheapest way to watch Sky is via a Now TV pass. It gives you access to all the standard Sky channels including sports. I have it via my BT account. it's a ?20pm add on to an already eye-watering subscription.
                        I appreciate the info but the chances of me paying for a Sky/BT subscription is so small that Professor Brian Cox has written papers about its theoretical existence.
                        Last edited by Snake Plissken; 11-10-2020, 12:55.

Comment

Given that the money goes to the clubs, I can't see any moral argument for clubs getting extra money from fans who had already paid to see home games via their season tickets. Away games, fair enough. It also seems to me that even from a purely business POV, you'd give a discount to current subscribers in order to get more subscribers and reward customer loyalty.
                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 11-10-2020, 15:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

I appreciate the info but the chances of me paying for a Sky/BT subscription is so small that Professor Brian Cox has written papers about its theoretical existence.
                            You can buy a Now TV separately on a month by month basis without the subscription to other providers. It's just that I have it via BT so that i cn watch on my TV, rather than be limited to the laptop

Comment

I've been meaning to ask about something for a few weeks. I don't go on to twitter much and when I do it's not really for football discussion, though I do follow a few journalists whose work I like.

Anyway, I've a lot of references on there to the PL as "The Barclays" in the last month or so and it's not a term I really recall seeing with any kind of regularity on twitter or anywhere else before - even when Barclays actually sponsored the league some years ago (when I took a lot more interest in it than I do nowadays).

Is there some recent reference or gag that I'm not aware of that has caused this?

Comment

Barclays Bank = wank in rhyming slang.

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post
                                  Can we contact that court in Cyprus and see if they'll take Maguire back?
                                  Suggestions leaking out that he has 'picked up a knock' and will miss tomorrow game. Which will be a shame for all of a black & white persuasion naturally.

Comment

That was rapid-fire.

Comment

Everton equalise with their first chance.

Comment

How was pickford not sent off for that foul on Van dijk. I know it wasn't going to be a penalty, but that was a really horrible lunge.

Comment

Same question been asked on the armchair thread

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                            How was pickford not sent off for that foul on Van dijk. I know it wasn't going to be a penalty, but that was a really horrible lunge.
                                            Every time they show it I wince more.

There's chat on this match on the armchair thread btw.

Edit - as Pat ha said!

Comment

Yeah Prem types are welcome to slum it in the general armchair thread any time.

Comment

Any chance we can keep PL talk in here?

Aguero has been sidelined so long he seems to have gone grey.

Comment

Hearing rumours that Liverpool are concerned that Van Dijk has done an ACL.

Comment

Dirk Kuyt doesn't need to dress up as Superman. In Rotterdam and Utrecht he walks upon red and white petals.

I have rapidly sold VvD in Fpl, alas. Saysa lot that he dominates the Google search, when there are at least two very plausible other candidates.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X