• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Sunday had perked up a little.

Comment

Comment

and more

Comment

MotD2 tonight is going to have a larger viewing audience than Princess Di's funeral.

Comment

Should’ve been seven there.

Comment

And now it is.

Comment

Comment

Villa have thoroughly deserved this. No other viewpoint to be taken.

Everyone playing for Liverpool who isn't Salah or Robertson (or the subs, I suppose) should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Comment

I reckon I'd be happy losing 6-1 every week if it meant Liverpool shipped seven.

Comment

I've not been following Football today, so I had no idea that was going on. From this distance this appears genuinely the most astonishing scoreline a Football game has thrown up since Brazil 1-7 Germany (which I also only discovered was happening when the consequential bits had already occurred - I tuned in to that one at half-time!).

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                        MotD2 tonight is going to have a larger viewing audience than Princess Di's funeral.
                        I didn't watch that. I might watch this, though!

Comment

From the BBC:

It's the first time since April 1963 Liverpool have conceded seven goals in a match (2-7 vs Spurs).

They are the first top flight reigning champion to concede seven goals in a league match since Arsenal in September 1953 against Sunderland, who lost 7-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                            I've not been following Football today, so I had no idea that was going on. From this distance this appears genuinely the most astonishing scoreline a Football game has thrown up since Brazil 1-7 Germany (which I also only discovered was happening when the consequential bits had already occurred - I tuned in to that one at half-time!).
                            I would imagine Bayern 8 Barca 2 still eclipses this match, given the context. Though I'm not currently watching this game to compare.

Wasn't there a school of thought that Liverpool would have an advantage early in the season through not playing the European cup competition mini-tournaments in high summer?
                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 04-10-2020, 20:04.

Comment

Oh, right, there were two interesting games. Well, yeah, that will have a big audience. There was also the league leaders on Saturday morning having their arses handed to them at home, but fortunately that particular one is going to be buried halfway through the running order!

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                              I would imagine Bayern 8 Barca 2 still eclipses this, given the context.
                              Maybe. But Barcelona were known to be flaky, and Bayern extremely good. That had more of a 'yeah, well, something like that was always possible' vibe (the same applies to the Man United 1-6 Spurs game I've just found out about, or at least the Man United being flaky bit of it). By contrast Liverpool have been invincible domestically for most of the last two seasons, and Villa were nothing special prior to this evening, so for me this is much more leftfield.
                              Last edited by Janik; 04-10-2020, 20:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                MotD2 tonight is going to have a larger viewing audience than Princess Di's funeral
                                Something else that was caused by an utter car crash

Comment

Right. Just need 6 goals in 3 minutes.

Comment

Well, the differential remains at five and Liverpool weren't playing at home.

*Marillion's "Clutching at Straws" can be heard in the background*

Comment

Originally posted by Mumpo View Post

Something else that was caused by an utter car crash
                                      <applause>

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                        Well, the differential remains at five and Liverpool weren't playing at home.

*Marillion's "Clutching at Straws" can be heard in the background*
                                        You were careful to wait until full-time before saying that, I think.

Comment

I really like listening to Clinton Morrison speak, great accent, reminds me a bit of Captain Caveman.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                            You were careful to wait until full-time before saying that, I think.
                                            Well, quite. Very careful.

Comment

So anyway, it was two reserve goalkeeping errors and 3 big deflections. So morally, it was 2-2.
                                              I'll take that. And none of you fuckers can take it away from me.
                                              <Lalalalalalalalalalalalala I can't hear you>

Comment

Liverpool are to prosecuted for breaking lockdown rules. This evening they let in more than six!

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                                  From the BBC:

It's the first time since April 1963 Liverpool have conceded seven goals in a match (2-7 vs Spurs).

They are the first top flight reigning champion to concede seven goals in a league match since Arsenal in September 1953 against Sunderland, who lost 7-1.
                                                  The 7-2 at White Hart Lane came just three days after Liverpool had beaten Spurs 5-2 at Anfield.

They used to do that with the fixtures back then.

Comment

Anyway, football, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X