https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1305251155795226625?s=21

Comment

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1305253762878103553?s=21

Comment

This looks to be the incident he's referring to :

https://twitter.com/psgalu/status/1305251649099829248?s=21

Comment

Absolutely farcical.

Each team is way over quota when it comes to twunts.

And PSG are seven points behind Monaco, Lille and Rennes.

Comment

PSG were very poor given the talent in the team. Wouldn't have scored if the match was still being played, and were lucky it wasn't 0–2. Marseilles had what looked like a perfectly good goal given offside.

Comment

I was surprised at the crowd in PSG's match. First that spectators were allowed at all, second that there seemed to be no concessions to social distancing.

Comment

At one point it looked as though StE might win a fourth consecutive game by 2 to 0, but they botched it and only drew. They're still top of the table, i don't remember that happening during the last 38 seasons.

i haven't got round to noting for posterity the farce of StE's women's team being denied promotion last season on points per game, so i'll put it here. Cast your minds back to mid-March: all the teams in D2 had played 15 games, Sainte were undefeated and top of the table on goal difference from Le Havre, whom they had beaten 4-1 away from home in their first and, as it would turn out, only meeting.

Week 16's games were to be played on a Sunday, and the government had already announced the Covid lockdown would begin from Monday, ie the day afterwards. Five of the games went ahead with various degrees of engagement. Le Havre won theirs easily against a lowly opponent. However, StE's game away at Yzeure was postponed by a decree from the mairie of Moulins-Yzeure, which declared that the pitch was unplayable following a rainstorm. Naturally, 'postponement' meant the game would not be played at all because of the lockdown. And so Le Havre finished three points ahead of Saint Etienne, having played one extra game, and were thus promoted using the points per game rule.

If points per game had been applied through the first 15 games, StE would have been promoted. And the cancellation of the Yzeure fixture was super dodgy. A men's match took place the same day on a neighbouring pitch. Essentially, it was implied that the Yzeure women's team did not want to play because of the risk of catching the virus. Which is fair enough. But all of week 16's results ought to have been annulled.

i'll get over it eventually.

Comment

Saint? threw that away like Bernard Hinault disposing of an empty bidon

At least OL look to be a mess

Comment

What's going on with Reims?

Comment

They aren't very good, but perhaps better than Dijon

They sold their two best defenders and don't have replacements of anywhere near the same level

Comment

Working...
                      X