Some plan ahead: managerial changes 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some plan ahead: managerial changes 2021-22

Sarina Weigman to move from managing the Netherlands (Women’s team) to England (ditto) following the Tokyo Olympics. Her start date is September 2021. Quite a coup for the FA that - Weigman has been far and away the most successful coach her home nation has had. The Dutch have been ahead of England in result terms in the last couple of tournaments, for about the first time ever. The KNVB must be gutted to be losing her. It’s a very different situation from when Phil Neville was appointed, which only happened after every plausible candidate withdrew from the process leaving only poor options/ones suggested in jest who hadn’t even applied.
    The timing of when she is willing to move does leave the FA with a conundrum. Neville’s contract expires after Euro 2021 was meant to end. This is next July. The Olympics is now next August (and the Euros not ‘til 2022, which will be Weigman’s first tournament with her new side). Of course, being the Olympics, it should actually be the BOA’s problem. My guess is Neville’s chances of a last hurrah are better than 50% whilst significantly less than 100.
    Last edited by Janik; 15-08-2020, 07:22.

Looks like Pochettino to Barca.

Comment

Those whose hopes and dreams aren't tied up in the success of the lionesses, are going to miss Phil neville

https://www.twitter.com/secondcaptains/status/1148554823509393409

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
        I presume that rumour is for 20/21, this thread appears to be for transfers the season after next!

Comment

Yup, it's a long term planning thread.

I'm relying on GO remembering it's existence come June next year, and digging it out of the cold storage it's likely to disappear into the meantime. I know I will have forgotten about it by then.

Berba, you've got another 12 months(ish) of Neville to glory in yet.

Comment

Ha, I hadn't read the title properly, so was wondering why you'd started a new ex-manager thread...

Comment

Working...
            X