Hollerbach's Geisterspielwurst - Bundesliga 20/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
    Hasn't he done a sort-of Klaus Thomforde with his kids?

For Maximilian-Klaus, Mortimer-Klaus and Malcolm-Klaus, read Pal, Pavel and Paula?
    OK, you've turned me off him. I hope your happy with yourself.

There's a great DEFA film to be had in there: The Legend of Pal, Pavel, Paula, Pawel, Paolo, P?l and Paule.

Comment

Hey, careful there, I have Nina and Natascha. And if we'd had a third, I was determined to call her Nutella.

Comment

Half hour in and BvB are already 2-0 n Crap Energy Drink in the cup final (Sancho and Haaland)

Nagelsmann looks very likely to leave Leipzig without any trophies

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          Half hour in and BvB are already 2-0 n Crap Energy Drink in the cup final (Sancho and Haaland)

Nagelsmann looks very likely to leave Leipzig without any trophies
          The phrase "crying all the way to the bank" comes to mind.

Comment

It's strange how Bundesliga, and other European league teams essentially blow-up their season before it's over with the announcement that key personnel are leaving. It's not just Red Bollox, though they virtually gave up several weeks ago. For all their many faults EPL and FL teams don't tend to do this.

Comment

That was truly a tale of two halves. And the sounds in my apartment mirrored that story. I was elated during the first half but I could see right away what was going to happen in that second half. And when Sancho missed that opportunity for a hattrick late on, my wife said that she hasn't heard me yell at the TV like that in a few years. Holy f***k the missed chances by Dortmund after basically giving RB chance after chance. And why Terzic waited so long to use his last subs was beyond me.

In the end, as Keller said on the US broadcast, in two years people will only see the score, but that was way more difficult than it needed to be.

Comment

Frankfurt have been showing the typical German spinelessness when it comes to Israel's war on Palestinians after Younes expressed his opinion. And the player had to explain why he sides with human rights.

Comment

Meanwhile, Holstein Kiel have won their final game in hand (turning a 1-2 to 3-2 in the last quarter hour), and is in 2nd place. Four points ahead of Furth with two games to go, and assured at least a relegation play-off spot. Which means that the play-off is the best Hamburg can do, with Furth three points ahead.

Kiel still play Karlsruhe (A) and Darmstadt (A); Furth are up against Paderborn (A) and Dusseldorf (H). With a point behind Bochum, Kiel could end up first. Bochum play Nurnberg (A) and Sandhausen (H).

HSV must hope that Furth lose at least one game (or draw both), and themselves beat relegation strugglers Osnabruck (A) and Braunschweig (H). HSV has the better goal difference.

If Kiel go up, they will be the first club from Schleswig-Holstein to play in the 1. Bundesliga. S-H is handball territory, with record champions and current Champions League holders THW Kiel and Flensburg dominating.

Comment

That's so Eintracht

Comment

Lewandowski equals the Muller record with his 40th league goal today.

Comment

That'll be an intese last day in the relegation battle. Koln will fuck it up Eintracht-style against Schalke, so we'll see who of Werder or Bielefeld will play against Furth/HSV/Kiel.

Comment

Was thinking that Schalke, Koln and Werder would be the "biggest" bottom three of all time.

All former European finalists and a dozen German titles among them (though no Bundesliga titles for Schalke).
                          Last edited by ursus arctos; 15-05-2021, 21:35.

Comment

I was very relaxed before Eintracht's game yesterday, forecasting that we would lose (though I do that a lot), and laughing at the ease with which Schalke scored three goals in a 12-minute spell where it wasn't so much a case of taking Eintracht's defence apart as it was of strolling through a ghost town towards a goal manned by an exasperated Trapp. As AdeC points out above, it's been all downhill ever since Huetter announced his departure, the twat. On the other hand, it's hard to see how the players can collectively turn from beating Bayern, Dortmund and Wolfsburg on an incredible run to clueless Sunday league hopefuls against Mainz and Schalke. Their fifth place is a fair reflection of their season, and the in-form Dortmund are unlikely to fuck it up from here.

I've been consoling myself with the fact I think the Champions League is a crock of shite and I didn't want my team in it anyway, so there.

Comment

Werder have removed Thomas Schaaf from his Benthamesque case at the Weserstadion and installed him as manager for the last round.

Comment

In the "As It Stands" table, Kiel would be comfortably promoted, and Hamburg would be fourth.

Comment

The fleetingness of live football - the current standings:

Bochum 63
                                  Kiel 62
                                  Furth 61
                                  Dusseldorf 56
                                  Hamburg 55

Comment

HSV will definitely spend another season in the second tier after losing in Osnabruck

Comment

Bochum seemingly have the easiest task in the final round, against relegation-threatened Sandhausen, Kiel host Darmstadt, while Furth are also at home, to Dusseldorf.

Comment

HSV thought they had the best draw today away to relegation likely Osnabruck

Though Bochum have been the best team in the league

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                          Bochum seemingly have the easiest task in the final round, against relegation-threatened Sandhausen, Kiel host Darmstadt, while Furth are also at home, to Dusseldorf.
                                          Kiel and Furth play sides ready for their holiday; Bochum face a side needing a result.

Comment

Some of my regional league tables are taking shape, though with the Regionalliga Sudwest and West still having a few rounds to go, there are a few far from taking shape.

Bayern only needs to decide between 7th and 8th (Ingolstadt or 1860), Niedersachsen/Bremen 4th and 5th (Braunschweig or Osnabruck), and and for Old DDR we still have four teams battling it out for positions.

But Schleswig-Holstein/Hamburg is ready. I exclude all second sides from the rankings.

1. Holstein Kiel
                                            2. Hamburger SV ("Die Unaufsteigbaren")
                                            3. St Pauli
                                            4. VfB Lübeck
                                            5. Weiche Flensburg
                                            6. Teutonia Ottensen
                                            7. Eintracht Norderstedt
                                            8. Drochtersen/Assel
                                            9. Phönix Lübeck
                                            10. Hansa Lüneburg
                                            11. Heider SV
                                            12. Altona 93
                                            13. SV Todesfelde
                                            14. TuS Dassendorf
                                            15. TSV Bordesholm
                                            16. SV Eichede
                                            Last edited by G-Man; 13-06-2021, 09:43.

Comment

Ooh-ah, Altona
                                              I say oo-ah Altona

(Have always liked that name since reading the Sartre play)

Comment

They have a friendship with Dulwich Hamlet, don't they?

Comment

Dortmund win and secure a CL spot. Brandt, my public enemy number one on this team, scores the third goal. Mainz only scored one goal late on a bullshit penalty because refs can't seem to read VAR in context (Hazard has a player pushing him and crawling up his back and yet Hazard is supposed to be able to jump and keep his arms in a "natural position). But I think that third goal was crucial because that penalty very easily could have been a second goal given Mainz's pressure in the second half and Munier's garbage play at the back, including keeping a ball in play that was head out for a goal kick, and then losing the ball to put Burki under pressure. Anyway, this was a good week for Dortmund.

As was posted last week, I remain shocked that the Bundesliga allows contacts to be signed by players and coaches for the following season amidst the current season. I have a feeling Dortmund regrets the move they made with the coach but allowing these moves basically leads to teams coming undone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                    They have a friendship with Dulwich Hamlet, don't they?
                                                    Jawohl

Comment

Working...
                                                    X