No announcement yet.

Hollerbach's Geisterspielwurst - Bundesliga 20/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, Dennis has been given his marching orders too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
      Yes, silly boy. There are so many expressions you can use for "a lot" and he had to go for one that's been a no-no for twice as long as he's been on earth.

Comment

What did he do, or is this a secret you German speakers are keeping to yourselves?

Comment

When discussing PSG vs Citeh, he used the phrase "Trainieren bis zum Vergasen" (which roughly translates as "train til you're gassed").

For someone born and raised in Germany, there's no excuse really.
          Last edited by Stumpy Pepys; 07-05-2021, 19:07.

Comment

Holstein Kiel now four points up on HSV for the promotion playoff place while still having a game in hand

Comment

Stuttgart 2-1 Augsburg in the Breze smashing derby keeps FCA firmly in the relegation soup.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                Lehmann claims the "word play" was intended as "Black guy who is so good on telly that he boosts the viewing figures." ("Quoten" can mean "viewing figures".)

Hmm, Jensie. At best, an extremely thoughtless and clumsy thing to write. At worst (and most likely), a downright lie.
                It's not a formulation you'd use to say what he now pretends to have said. It's a but like saying "Fuck You" to somebody, and then pretend what you really meant was that you'd like too have hit sex with them.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post

It's not a formulation you'd use to say what he now pretends to have said. It's a but like saying "Fuck You" to somebody, and then pretend what you really meant was that you'd like too have hit sex with them.
                  Compared to what Boris Palmer wrote about Dennis Aogo today, Lehmann's message is crystal-clear.

Comment

Dortmund with a huge win. I knew the early 2-0 lead was not going to hold. A team just needs one goal and then a second is always a set piece away from a draw. Luckily Sancho was pure class on Saturday with a wonderful first goal and then a slick give and go that led to the third goals. Sorry, imp but I need an Eintracht loss on Sunday. Interestingly, every team in the hunt for the third and fourth place plays Mainz. I've posted before that I have a soft spot for them since Klopp and Tuchel came to Dortmund from Mainz, so Mainz losing to Dortmund but winning out would work for me.

Comment

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll fuck up our relatively easy run-in and let you have your fucking Champions League spot. I was going nuts watching yesterday's game, not because of the game itself, but because every time something happened the camera panned to that ugly, long, lip-shuddering streak of shit Norwegian in the stands, like his reaction was more important than anything else. As if to say, 'We cannot possibly have a player of Haaland's class in the Europa League on Thursday evenings. That's Frankfurt's domain.'

I just hope that if we're going to lose, it's a shocking performance in a 0-3 defeat - that is, the loss is utterly deserved. But more likely, it'll be down to us hitting the woodwork five times, having an 'offside' goal disallowed by VAR micro-twattery, and then Mainz getting the winner from a penalty in the sixth minute of injury time after the ref has spent 20 minutes coming to the conclusion that a Frankfurt defender's hand, hit at point blank range at the top corner of the penalty area, was slightly raised away from his body and therefore in an 'unnatural' position. Ever since new year, decisions like that have been going against us.

It feels good to get your excuses in early.

Comment

Whoah there, cowboy! That kind of fucking it up is Koln's domain. I think we might have copyrighted and trademarked it.

Comment

Well, that was a robbery. Injury time equalizer disallowed for bandball -- when the ball clearly struck Hector on the shoulder (which in Hector's anatomy resides above the armpit). No VAR, for reasons of nobody's comprehension. Counterattack and Freiburg score to make it 3-1.

The German refs and VAR can all be put in a sack and drowned in a lake.

Comment

Not quite as shite as I imagined, but close. Mainz very effective with a 10-man defence, Frankfurt clueless about breaching it until the last five minutes. Happens at the end of every season - opponents work out Huetter's system and he has no alternatives. Moenchengladbach be warned.

Comment

The Schlussphase of Hertha-Arminia has been dire

Comment

Baumgart will go to Koln. Great, kamikaze football with no concession to hoity-toity tactics. That'll end well. And by "well", I mean well before the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                  Baumgart will go to Koln. Great, kamikaze football with no concession to hoity-toity tactics. That'll end well. And by "well", I mean well before the new year.
                                  You bzw. we Germans are really in to tactics and that. But I watched Werder against Leipzig last weekend on the telly. Nagelsmann was being bigged up by the commentator as being the "Taktik-Fuchs".

And then you heard him. "MaennerMaennerMaennerMaennerMaenner!" Fucking genius.

Comment

Nagelsmann has the look of a malevolent squirrel or groundhog-like creature, like a long Loddar.

In other news, Hertha somehow manage to overcome the mighty Schalke 04 as the relegation dogfight continues.

Comment

They even spotted them a goal in the first ten minutes.

It was rather grim stuff over all.

Comment

The Bielefeld game was even worse. I hope they stay up just for the happy smile on Pal Dardai's face, but that club needs sorting out from top to bottom.

Comment

As I've said before, this is very much not a case of a good team having to go down, but rather multiple crap teams getting to stay up

Comment

Originally posted by Alderman Barnes View Post
                                            The Bielefeld game was even worse. I hope they stay up just for the happy smile on Pal Dardai's face, but that club needs sorting out from top to bottom.
                                            Pal Dardai is Mr. Toad, whether he smiles or not.

Comment

I don't care. He lives in the next village from me and us Bacon Belters have got to stick together.

Comment

While it would no doubt engender a heightened sense of caution on the roads, living in the village next to Mr Toad sound pretty cool

Comment

I'm forever diving into hedges.

Comment

Originally posted by Alderman Barnes View Post
                                                    I don't care. He lives in the next village from me and us Bacon Belters have got to stick together.
                                                    Hasn't he done a sort-of Klaus Thomforde with his kids?

For Maximilian-Klaus, Mortimer-Klaus and Malcolm-Klaus, read Pal, Pavel and Paula?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X