No announcement yet.

Hollerbach's Geisterspielwurst - Bundesliga 20/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dortmund win easily at Schalke. Sancho continues to roll and is a difference maker, Haaland with a beautiful scissor kick goal. Dahoud continues to be a difference maker and Brandt continues to make all the wrong passes. At one point Bandt made a horribly wrong decision when on the left wing, then Sancho ends up out there: perfect cross to Haaland for the scissor kick. Brandt does not make that pass.

Comment

And Frankfurt beat Bayern. I expected Imp to be here with bells on this morning. But no doubt he's lying under a table somewhere surrounded by empty bottles.

Comment

Sabitzer's worldie for Leipzig against Hertha yesterday (at 0.45)

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
          And Frankfurt beat Bayern. I expected Imp to be here with bells on this morning. But no doubt he's lying under a table somewhere surrounded by empty bottles.
          Not quite. We went on a 15-mile hike Sunday to enjoy the warm weather and move our limbs, and walk off the excesses of celebrating - actually just a bottle of beer and a bottle of wine, both shared between two (getting too old for more than one or two hangovers a year). The way Eintracht is playing right now, I thought we might build on the tearaway start and 2-0 lead and win by four or five again, but Bayern got back into it and would have deserved the draw, despite the ref and his video counterpart denying us a fairly clear penalty. Seven points off the lead. We just have to keep on winning - for example, away at Dortmund, Leipzig, Leverkusen and Moenchengladbach...

Adi Huetter's teams tend to lose, win and draw in streaks. Eintracht has won nine of the last ten league games. Last season after beating Bayern, we didn't win again for almost three months.

Comment

Bayern do seem a bit wobbly at the back. May not last, certainly not next season when Upamecano arrives. The latter has missed Leipzig's last two matches (which was really noticeable against Liverpool, not so much against Hertha.) I'm guessing he won't be picked often from now on. With Sabitzer's contract up at the end of the season RB might also be a wobbly next year. Mind you they survived the loss of Werner's 20 goals a season, and it's pretty clear Nagelsmann's some kind of managerial warlock, so who knows.

Comment

It was a baffling decision by Flick to put the lumbering Suele (which sounds very close to Sauele - pillar) at right back up against the currently on-fire Filip Kostic, who duly left him standing for the first goal, and almost clinched the game with a third before the end. It's being whispered that Suele will be out this summer - with Alaba already announcing he'll be gone, Bayern will no doubt be in the market to snatch someone else's best defender and continue their monopoly on winning and being obnoxious.

Comment

Well, they have already signed Upamecano as of July, so that process is well under way

Comment

Still only 22. Easily the best central defender I've ever seen at that age.*

*OK, Beckenbauer was pretty decent then too.

Comment

Frankfurt's win against Bayern is all the more remarkable in that it was achieved without Andre Silva, who is only behind Lewandowski in goalscoring ridiculousness. Frankfurt needed him to beat Koln the previous week.

Talking off... they are still persisting with the firefighter coach who celebrated a homedraw against fellow relegation-strugglers Hertha like it was an accomplishment. He complains about the lack of creative impulse, but has Max Meyer sitting on the bench. Against Stuttgart Meyer came on, and within seconds played a world class pass (wasted by the goal-allergic strikers). Gisdol doesn't know what he's doing. At this point, I'd happily take back even Bruno.

If we go down, as I expect us to, I actually would like Ismael Valerien to get a chance. He did great work at LASK, building on Oliver Glasner's foundations, until Covid-Regulationsgate cost him his job. Coaches coming from Austria tend to do very well. Hasenhuettl and Stoeger (till he didn't) in the recent past, and currently Huetter, Glasner and Rose.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                      At this point, I'd happily take back even Bruno.
                      You ought to be very careful what you wish for.

I'd like to see Peter Neururer back at Cologne. Falling that, Ian Holloway. He'd just love the funny clothes and the silly voices.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                        It was a baffling decision by Flick to put the lumbering Suele (which sounds very close to Sauele - pillar) at right back up against the currently on-fire Filip Kostic, who duly left him standing for the first goal, and almost clinched the game with a third before the end. It's being whispered that Suele will be out this summer - with Alaba already announcing he'll be gone, Bayern will no doubt be in the market to snatch someone else's best defender and continue their monopoly on winning and being obnoxious.
                        I watched the highlights of that game. Suele* reminded me of a bloke I used to play alongside in central defence when I was starting out in men's football.

He'd had a few games in the old Fourth Division some years before, but was, by then, a Mr. Blobby who'd get out of breath sucking on a half-time orange. Everybody would be going, "Look at Arr Bob! Makes defending look effortless, he do." And I'd be thinking, "Yes, he makes it look effortless because, for him, it is effortless, as he's got a 16-year-old partner doing the marking, running, tackling and heading for him." The only difference between Arr Bob and Suele was that the former was forty-five and Suele is twenty-five. And Arr Bob only weighed sixteen stone.

(* My autocorrect turns "Suele" into "Useless". These modern phones really know their shit.)
                        Last edited by treibeis; 23-02-2021, 09:54.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                          You ought to be very careful what you wish for.

I'd like to see Peter Neururer back at Cologne. Falling that, Ian Holloway. He'd just love the funny clothes and the silly voices.
                          Well, I'd be happier with a used Tedesco or Favre, but I'm aware of which club I'm following. Bruno would be a big fish in the pond in which we are fishing.

Comment

You're welcome to have Arie van Lent, while he's not taking Haching back to the regional leagues. We're away at Sechzig this evening, which I'm dreading; I'm expecting so many alerts from All Goals on my phone, that there'll be no battery left.

Returning to the earlier discussion, the woman at the boy's Kindergarten asked me if I was Dutch this morning. I'm starting to wonder if my German accent is somewhere in the North Sea.

Comment

Is Haching versus 1860:commonly referred to as the "S-Bahn-Derby" or did kicker make it up?

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                Is Haching versus 1860:commonly referred to as the "S-Bahn-Derby" or did kicker make it up?
                                I never heard that. I live in the eastern inner suburbs of Munich and my apartment is pretty much inbetween the Sportpark and the Gruenwalder. But Haching is an S-Bahn ride and Giesing is a U-Bahn trip.

Most Sechzig-Haching rivalary is just shouting "Hachinger / Giesinger Arschloecher." at one another during derby games. And watching them hack down our players.

Comment

I also live very near Tuerkguecue Muenchen, but it's academic as they don't play at their old ground anymore.

Comment

Dortmund with a 3-0 win over Bielefeld. I think it was 0-0 at the end of the first half and I was worried that this would be somewhat typical Dortmund this year: massive advantage with possession and end up losing or pulling out a draw. But the second half saw two really nice goals and a penalty. Sancho and Haaland were both excellent. Once again Dahoud earns a starting spot, scoring a goal in this one. Luckily Brandt was nowhere to be found. And Renier scores his first goal 22 (??) seconds after coming off the bench. The win moves Dortmund to fifth.

Comment

St. Pauli stuck it to HSV once again last night, meaning the latter are still only fourth. Which I think means they have to sack the manager.

Comment

Schalke have sacked Christian Gross (and with him all sorts of other coaches and functionaries). So whoever they appoint next, Dimitri Grammozis is being traded high, will be coach #5 this season. Unless the new coach doesn't come in time. Then Mike B?skens will be in charge on Friday in the absolutely must-win game against Mainz (and the new coach will be #6).

And Bielefeld have sacked Uwe Neuhaus. A strange decision, with Arminia still in with a fighting chance.

Comment

Bring in Huub Stevens for a game or two, just to shake things up.

Comment

Dortmund with a win at Gladbach in the pokal. It was a tight game and not very exciting for a match between two teams with quality attacking talent. Both teams missed a lot of chances.

Comment

Haaland opens the scoring in Der Klassiker after 80 seconds.

Comment

And now a second for both him and Dortmund!

Comment

Lewandowski halves the deficit.

Comment

0-2 up so early, I knew that was not going to hold. The play of the game for me was that waste of money Munier only needing to make a halfway decent cross in a 2 on 1 breakway and Haaland has a third goal. 0-3 up and I think Dortmund win the game. Instead, Munier makes the one pass that will lead to nothing (right into the Bayern defender) and Bayern come right back and score. Now it's 1-2 and Dortmund sit back. The game was over at that point.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X