No announcement yet.

Hollerbach's Geisterspielwurst - Bundesliga 20/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there lots of Turkish clubs in the Munich Bezirksliga?

There are in Berlin, but they've never reached the heights of the third, in part because each prefers to operate as a small fiefdom

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
      I know this is a Bundesliga thread, but over in the 3. Liga, there are now four Munich teams competing--Unterhaching, Sechzig, Bayern II and arrivistes SV Tuerkguecue-Ataspor Muenchen.

Why the owner has put so much cash into Tuerkguecue, I'm not sure. And there's too many non-Turks playing for them nowadays for them to be considered a Turkish club. They're also based about 1.5 km from my flat, although they're playing their home games at the Gruenwalder.
      There was talk of them playing some games at the Olympiastadion, and then Wuerzburg, given that Sechzig and the reserves are also playing at the Gruenwalder, but this was when normality by September was still being talked about. Did anything come of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
        There was talk of them playing some games at the Olympiastadion, and then Wuerzburg, given that Sechzig and the reserves are also playing at the Gruenwalder, but this was when normality by September was still being talked about. Did anything come of that?
        Not sure--all my knowledge comes via a mate. However, Bayern II also play at the Gruenwalder. It's getting a bit busy there.

Why can't you do umlauts on this board, out of interest?

Comment

It's the Brexit version of vBulletin so all FORRIN elements are disabled.

Comment

This is for folks in the US who want to travel back in time: ESPN+ has added some episodes of Soccer Made in Germany to the Bundesliga section. I'm looking forward to viewing these during the next few weeks. That was my entry point to watching football as a young kid.

Comment

Cool. I loved the guy who did the play-by-play for those games.

Comment

Toby Charles.

Dortmund with a very late 0-1 win at Hoffenheim on Saturday. The game opened up a lot after that goal. Dortmund missed 3 gold chances and Hoffenheim had some set pieces very late in the game.

Comment

Dortmund were very dominant in the second half of the derby and ultimately walk away with a comfortable win. The first half was tight, but luckily everything changed. Good to get a big win after a horrific showing in the CL at Lazio.

As of yesterday RB was still in the top spot but Bayern was on the move. Title should be decided soon.

Comment

Can anyone give me a precis on what the attendance rules are in 1Bundesliga? Stuttgart v Koln appeared to have three kids and a couple of chubby guys with flags. Leipzig v Hertha a few hundred scattered mainly along the upper reaches of the top deck. However Union v Freiburg looked to be almost half full. What's the deal, is it down to the individual clubs?

Comment

No, it's down to the local authorities, determined by the Covid-19 infection index. So games that were allowed to have, say, 5000 spectactors can be downsized, or all attendance cancelled, at short notice if the index rises. And the policies can change from state to state, and the index from city to city.

Comment

Ah, cheers that explains it.

Comment

It can be quite fluid, as you can imagine. My mate 'won' a ticket for Arminia vs Bayern in the midweek ballot before the match on the Saturday, but on the Friday the restrictions were tightened and so that was that.

Comment

Dortmund had a hard time breaking down Arminia during the first half. In the second Hummels scores on a corner, although he didn't know much about it. Ball found him and he kind of kneed it into the net. Then he scored a second on a header from an excellent Reus cross. I'd be shocked if Arminia had more than 5 shots in this game.

Next week Dortmund will lose to Bayern and spin out for a few games. That will be the season in terms of a title even if Dortmund pretend to make a run late in the season.

Comment

Union win at Hoffenheim, who just a few weeks ago administered Bayern a thorough thrashing. I should be happy, but for reasons of expediency, I'm not.

Koln deserved to get a point of Bayern on Saturday. The penalty Bayern got for the 1-0 lead, which went against the run of play, was another absurd decision against Koln, a club that has enough conspiracy theories going withiout real conspiracies getting in the way. It was a fine performance... except, is there anybody to score goals? I'm sort of hoping for a(nother) thrashing at Werder so that Gisdol can finally be sacked -- except, who'd be there to replace him? Wagner? Beierlorzer? Neururer?

Comment

Red Bollocks Leipzig played the first decent team they've come up against in Gladbach and lost. This was expected, in fact they were lucky to get such comfortable opposition start to the season. Werner isn't the type of player you can replace overnight, and Saturday showed why goal-scoring by committee is unlikely to work against good sides. Unless someone steps up to lead the line I think they'll struggle to finish top four this year, which is a bit of a pity as they're still fun to watch.

Comment

Der Klassiker has been a cracker. Chances on both ends in the first 15 minutes

And btw, Hermann and the denizens of the Teutoburger Wald, yer boys . . .

Comment

Kimmich absolutely mangles himself fouling Erling braut Haalland. It seems like the son is less of a nasty toxic cunt than his father. Then again he might be joining bayern in the summer.

Lewandowski just makes it 2-1

Comment

Sane with the dagger

Quality goal

Comment

Haaland 3-2

Comment

How the hell did Witsel not get sent off for that. That was an absolute Cunt's foul.

Lewandowski seems to have scored again.

Comment

Lewandowski ends it off a multiple deflection

If only we had finishers like him in 1939

Comment

Chalked off by VAR

Comment

Nope offside. It finishes 3-2 to bayern.

Football needs to crack down on people fouling opponents when they are in the air and can't defend themselves. The worst example I can think of was Zlatan Ibrahimovic taking out a west brom defender with an absolute coward's challenge back in 2016. It's what I think of whenever I hear him talking about how tough he is.

Virgil van dijk's foul on james rodriguez in the opening minute of the recent merseyside derby was another example of thuggish cowardice masquerading as toughness. Jordan Pickford wasn't the only one that day willing to take risks with the health of his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  Der Klassiker has been a cracker..
                                                  On 11 Freunde, Uli Hesse makes the compelling case of why Bayern vs Dortmund is not a Klassiker. If anything, Bayern vs Gladbach is, he argues. I'd disagree. It was a thing for eight, maybe 14 years, between 1970 and 1978 or '84. He downplays the Dortmund/Schalke rivalry, though that's the one that comes closest to a fierce rivalry. Historically, he says its Nurnberg vs Furth, but that was a battle of giants only for a few years in the 1920s. Still, the mutual hatred remains keen.

The rivalry between Koln and "Monchen"gladbach is surprisingly two-sided. It is bitter that the Holl?nder were turned into a powerhouse by a man from Koln who played for the first-ever FC team in 1948, coached the club twice before, and had the club mascot named after him. Anyway, my lot finds it difficult to decide whom to hate the most: Gladbach (sporting rivalry), Dusseldorf (city rivalry) or Leverkusen (thieving fucks doped by drug money and run by an unethical asshole with bad hair).

There are no rivalries really to match Real/Bacelona or their likes. Though if Bayer Leverkusen burnt down, Rudi Voller got arrested for arson, and the cursed club disappeared, I and tens of thousand others would throw a party to celebrate.

Comment

Dortmund missed a lot of chances in that match and it was close enough (plus an international break follows) so ideally Dortmund don't go off the rails for 3 or 4 weeks. I'd say that this is the first match between the two in a long time when Dortmund probably looked better than Bayern. But looking better doesn't mean much when losing.

One thing that stood out, not that it was new news, is that Hummels and Boatang are running in cement boots. Fans of the German national team should be hoping that neither gets a chance again. I complained a lot about Hummels last season. This season he has been better but playing a side as talented as Bayern shows that he doesn't have the speed to defend against a class side.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X