Hollerbach's Geisterspielwurst - Bundesliga 20/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollerbach's Geisterspielwurst - Bundesliga 20/21

Conflicted loyalties for our lad imp on the opening day of the new season: Eintracht Frankfurt meet Arminia Bielefeld.

Bayern start against Schalke, but it's not clear whether it'll be the opening game of the season on Friday, September 18, or the Monday. That depends on whether Bayern reach the CL final.

Tasty opener also between Dortmund and M?nchengladbach.

To continue the tradition of my rarely correct predictions:

1. Bayern
    2. Dortmund
    3. M'gladbach
    4. Leverkusen
    5. RBullshit Leipzig
    6. Hertha BSC
    7. Frankfurt
    8. Hoffenheim
    9. Werder
    10. Wolfsburg
    11. Stuttgart
    12. Freiburg
    13. Union Berlin
    14. Bielefeld
    15. Mainz
    16. Schalke
    17. Augsburg
    18. Koln

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
      To continue the tradition of my rarely correct predictions:

1. Bayern
      2. Dortmund
      3. M'gladbach
      4. Leverkusen
      5. RBullshit Leipzig
      6. Hertha BSC
      7. Frankfurt
      8. Hoffenheim
      9. Werder
      10. Wolfsburg
      11. Stuttgart
      12. Freiburg
      13. Union Berlin
      14. Bielefeld
      15. Mainz
      16. Schalke
      17. Augsburg
      18. Koln

Koln bottom? Is that reverse psychology or is that genuine, gut feeling?

Comment

Genuine prediction. Gisdol is a fireman who digs teams out of crises and then has no idea how to take them forward.No new players are being signed, because the squad is overblown with useless players whom nobody wants, and there's no money.

Cordoba might leave (for below value) and Mark Uth is still at Schalke (where he can stay, if his performances after the restart are a measure of things - even though he was fantastic before corona).

The squad isn't good enough for the Bundesliga. We have a decent but error-prone goalie, a problem at right-back, an inexperienced though promising youngster at left back, a superb central defender coupled with a journeyman, two good number6s , a good winger whom Gisdol doesn't trust, two inexperienced youngsters he likes to play instead, a decent striker who might leave and a has-been to take his place. And that's the first-choice team.

We do have another very talented centre-back, Jorge Mere, but Gisdol has decided that Mere has too much talent and is pushing him out of the club.
        Last edited by G-Man; 07-08-2020, 14:31.

Comment

And Fortuna D start at HSV.

Comment

I anticipate a serious relegation battle. There are quite a few teams that just aren't very good.

Comment

And HSV for promotion?

Comment

Fourth place finish, innit.

Comment

Unaufsteigbar

Comment

Here's my bold prediction: Bayern win the league. Beyond that, Bundesliga remains an exciting league. I'd like to see a semester system in some of these leagues where the same team always wins (esp. during this pandemic). Then things might feel a bit more competitive. So, Sept-December 2020 will be one championship and January-June 2021 will be another. A grand final would be played in June if someone other than Bayern wins one of the semesters. I don't know how to find the standings at the winter break the last 8 years (?) that Bayern has won the title but I think we'd see some other title winners if a semester system had been used. I know this can feel like the title is cheapened, which is perhaps the reason Latin American leagues use a playoff system at the end of every semester -- well, that and added income, of course.

Comment

Is this the season Heidenheim can go one better? And surely HSV will finally get back up, but are the 2 teams who came down serious title contenders? I've always enjoyed looking out for Dynamo Dresden but they had a shocker last season, finishing rock bottom. The list of big clubs plying their trade in 3.Liga gets expands every season.

Comment

Last year it was virtually predetermined that Stuttgart, HSV and Bielefeld would occupy the top 3 places -- which Heidenheim undid only in the last couple of weeks of the season. This season will be more open. Dusseldorf are having to rebuild their squad, and Paderborn are entirely unpredictable; I'd not be surprised by their promotion nor relegation.

HSV will lead the pack, and I expect Bochum and Hannover to be in the mix. Heidenheim, Furth and Regensburg are always there or thereabouts, and Darmstadt have potential, too. Nurnberg, who were a minute away from being relegated, might bounce back. I wouldn't be surprised to see Braunschweig popping out of nowhere. But, yeah, a very open season.

Comment

There is a list of Herbstmeister (club topping the table after the first half) here.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbstmeister

In the Bundesliga, the Herbstmeister wins the title roughly two thirds of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                            There is a list of Herbstmeister (club topping the table after the first half) here.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbstmeister

In the Bundesliga, the Herbstmeister wins the title roughly two thirds of the time.
                            Looking at that list, things only would have changed the past two years when Bayern's players were trying to get rid of Kovac.

Comment

A nice response from Koln to a knuckle-dragger resigning over the outline of the city's mosque being included in their new strip

https://twitter.com/fckoeln_en/statu...31828841402369

Comment

I've seen pictures of the new home and away kits, and I can't see any outline on them?

Comment

Try zooming in on this

https://www.fc-fanshop.de/auswaertst...0-2021-senior/

Comment

Eventually saw it after zooming - you'd either want to be particularly bigoted or have the eyesight of a hawk to actually spot red on red, though!

Comment

It's there but I believe its difficult so see when viewed via a computer.

Comment

It's most visible in the photo that focuses on the sponsor's logo.

There are three "strips" of the cityscape across the jersey: one between the badge and the sponsor's logo; one in the middle of the shirt and a third towards the bottom.

Comment

The mosque hasn't gone down well with many FC fans. Lots of "not racist but" line of argument. Moronic. But the club has responded well. That tweet Gert links to above is excellent.

Comment

Can anyone help me buy the 20/21 Sonderheft on the kicker app on a Kindle Fire, please? I seem to have managed it the last two years, but struggling badly this year. I can still access the last two in the app, but apparently I have to log in to take my new purchase further, but I can't manage it. There's only two email addresses I would have used and three passwords, but no combination seems to work!

Comment

Are you using the "eMagazine" app?

It saved my login on an iPad from last year, so was very easy for me. You could also just open a new account.

Comment

Yeah.

See, that's the peculiar thing, I must already be logged in, because I can access my old content. And the only other options are to use a code (Unlock Code), but where does one obtain said code, or the AppStore esubscription, which leads straight to an annual sub.

So it's not even like I am asking you to remember my password for me!

Comment

And to be honest I can't see how to log out/set up a new account.

I am desperate to see the new team photos with mascots.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X