Hollerbach's Geisterspielwurst - Bundesliga 20/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
    "Since 1983 the club has played as a fifth tier side, first in the Landesliga Bayern-Nord and later in the Landesliga Hessen-Süd. Like the nearby club Viktoria Aschaffenburg, FC Bayern Alzenau is a Bavarian side playing in the state league of Hesse against closer, neighbouring cities. This also reflects in part the history of the region, not traditionally part of Bavaria"
    Indeed. But that would put them in the Südwest Liga.

Comment

Yes, I'm confused too.

Comment

Yeah, they're a bit of an outlier. They should really be in the Bayern Regionalliga, not Südwest. They even vote for the CSU, like a bunch of Bavarians.

Comment

Aschaffenburg play in the Regionalliga Bayern. Funnily enough, we were just there this weekend - cycled down the Main yesterday, chugged down some local beers, rode back up to Frankfurt today. Promised myself I will go and watch a game there this coming season.

Comment

Saw a friend today, who I hadn't seen for a while, who's a fan of Schalke and Rot-Weiss Essen.

Not a great season for him. He's not looking forward to France vs Germany either.

Comment

Working...
            X