Hollerbach's Geisterspielwurst - Bundesliga 20/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
    Probably a well-known story for many on here, but I enjoyed this account: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57087325
    Before my time, but that's the second time Unterhaching decided the Bundesliga title on the last day of the season. And both times in favour of FC Bayern.

In other Haching news, Arie van Lent has been given the boot, after sending us to the Regionalliga in his first season.

Comment

A good afternoon for the Funfneulander, as Dresden and Rostock are promoted to the 2. Bundesliga, but sadly, Ingolstadt beat 1860 in the playoff decider.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
        … but sadly, Ingolstadt beat 1860 in the playoff decider.
        [Snigger]

Comment

Koln survive

Comment

Well, for now anyway

Comment

I have no more strength left. That disallowed first goal was just absurd (by rule and interpretation), but getting that winner in 86th minute...

Now I hope to get Furth in the relegation. I want Kiel to go up, and think Bochum are stronger.

Fun fact: Schalke and Werder have never been out of the Bundesliga at the same time. If Koln go down, then all three have never been in the second tier with any of the other the two sides.

That will be a hell of a 2. Bundesliga line-up: Werder, Schalke, HSV, Nurnberg, Hannover, Rostock, Dresden, possibly Koln. I expect Karlsruhe to do a Bielefeld/Bochum. You never know with Paderborn. And then there are always a couple of unfancied sides coming out of nowhere, your Erzgebirge Aue or St Pauli or Heidenheim...

Comment

And Lewandowski breaking Gerd Mullers record on the last second... As the sage said: "Football, eh? Bloody hell."

Comment

And Lewandowski breaks the record in injury-time, unlikely that such a feat will be beaten in any of our lifetimes, but then no-one would have expected Ronaldo or Messi to regularly notch 50+ goals for a full decade.

Comment

On the one hand, Union will be glad to qualify for Europe, but on the other, does anyone really want to play in the Conference League?

Comment

Union are quite excited about it, actually

Comment

I'd love for us to be drawn against Union.

Comment

Would be a popular draw in Berlin as well

https://twitter.com/unioninenglisch/status/1396150114524319747

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                            On the one hand, Union will be glad to qualify for Europe, but on the other, does anyone really want to play in the Conference League?
                            Gladbach were really keen to qualify for it. That's a side that played in the Champions League this season.

Comment

Dortmund won 3-1 in the "good bye" match: Bender twins retiring (Sven spent many good title winning years at Dortmund and Lars scores with a very late penalty), the ref was retiring, and Piszczek leaving Dortmund after 11 seasons. And then Terzic's last game as well, which is, as I've posted before, ridiculous.

Beyond that, not much was on the line. I guess Wolfsburg could have taken over third place but that didn't happen. Haaland with a brace to finish with 42 in all competitions. I assume he'll be sold during the off-season. I'll hope that whoever buys him (unless it's Liverpool) has to take Brandt as well. There were two turning points for me this season: (1) Haaland was injured and Dortmund did not have another striker or one that Favre was willing to use. (2) Favre was not willing to play Dahoud. When Terzic came in the first thing he did was bench Brandt and make Dahoud a starter. he was excellent this year and bought some time until Sancho re-found his form to make for a more effective midfield attack.

Comment

Kiel throw away promotion again, losing 3-2 to Darmstadt, while both Bochum and Greuther Furth win.

Comment

At one point, both Kiel and Furth were down. Happy days. Then Kiel folded and Furth turned Dusseldoof over. Not the outcome I had hoped for. But Kiel out together a run by the skin of their teeth. Catching up the games missed due to their quarantine exhausted the side. And they won't be fresher or mentally stronger against Koln.

But it's Koln, who have a way of imploding. Well, if they do, at least I'd be happy to lose against Kiel.

If Kiel don't go up, it'll be the first time that the 1. Bundesliga will not have a team from the traditional north (Niedersachsen, Hamburg, Bremen, Schleswig-Holstein).

Comment

Some more regional tables:

Niedersachsen/Bremen

1. Wolfsburg
                                    2. Werder Bremen
                                    3. Hannover 96
                                    4. VfL Osnabrück
                                    5. Braunschweig
                                    6. SV Meppen
                                    7. TSV Havelse
                                    8. BSV Rehden
                                    9. VfB Oldenburg
                                    10. Jeddesloh II
                                    11. Oberneuland
                                    12. VfV Hildesheim
                                    13. HSC Hannover
                                    14. Delmenhorst
                                    Last edited by G-Man; 13-06-2021, 09:41.

Comment

DDR Oberliga

1. Rasenmäher Bolzer Leipzig
                                      2. Union Berlin
                                      3. Hertha Berlin
                                      4. Erzgebirge Aue
                                      5. Dynamo Dresden
                                      6. Hansa Rostock
                                      7. Halle
                                      8. FSV Zwickau
                                      9. Magdeburg
                                      10. Viktoria Berlin
                                      11. Altglienicke
                                      12. Chemie Leipzig
                                      13. Carl Zeiss Jena
                                      14. Berliner AK 07
                                      15. Lok Leipzig
                                      16. BFC Dynamo
                                      17. Energie Cottbus
                                      18. Chemnitz
                                      Last edited by G-Man; 13-06-2021, 09:42.

Comment

I wonder if Greuther superfan Henry the K will make it home for their first match next season

Comment

Schleswig-Holstein is on the previous page. After this, four more outstanding.

Bayern

1. Bayern München
                                          2. Augsburg
                                          3. Greuther Fürth
                                          4. 1. FC Nürnberg
                                          5. Jahn Regensburg
                                          6. Würzburg
                                          7. Ingolstadt
                                          8. München 1860
                                          9. Türkgücü
                                          10. Unterhaching
                                          11. Viktoria Aschaffenburg
                                          12. SpVgg Bayreuth
                                          13. FC Schweinfurt
                                          14. TSV Auberstadt
                                          15. VfB Eichstatt
                                          16. TSV Buchbach
                                          17. Burghausen
                                          18. Schalding-Heining
                                          Last edited by G-Man; 13-06-2021, 09:42.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                                            Dortmund won 3-1 in the "good bye" match: Bender twins retiring (Sven spent many good title winning years at Dortmund and Lars scores with a very late penalty)
                                            Oh, they've only just turned 32, why are they doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by JM Footzee View Post
                                              Oh, they've only just turned 32, why are they doing that?
                                              Others will know better than I since I don't spend much time paying attention to media reports (and don't speak/read German). I think they've both had a lot of injuries and I'm guessing their bodies feel older than 32. Maybe they both have some business opportunity (or a side business that is doing well) or have coaching/front office invites. Again, others might know more. I've followed Sven more closely because of his time at Dortmund and he was injured quite a bit. They let him go because they had a kid (name escapes me right now) who they bought from 1860. He was excellent but for whatever reason they soured on him and he was sold to a Turkish club. Sven had alternated between holding midfield and center back for Dortmund. But my timeline might be off with this.

Comment

Maybe they lost the joy for playing, and at their age they might nit be first choice players any longer. Plus, some players don't like the stress of being judged by the public week-in, week-out. They don't need any more money than what they've already got. So, rather opt for quality of life. Schurrle did that last year at 29, Howedes also retired when he could have carried on.

Comment

The moment I saw Zwayer was the ref, I knew we were fucked. And I was right: a goal that shouldn't have been disallowed.

Neither Koln nor Kiel looked like Bundesliga sides. Koln's finishing was woeful. So now I must hope that our good away record will turn things around on Saturday.

Comment

Zwayer's a great ref. Ask anyone in Frankfurt.

Props to Jonas Hector for his post-match interview on DAZN. At the final whistle he was raging at Zwayer about something and then came off the pitch looking furious. Already then the dumb-assed DAZN commentators were licking their lips at the prospect of a hot and controversial interview, but they got more than they bargained for when they told Hector he could now "let off some steam". Their first question: "How empty are you feeling right now?" Hector: "I know it's your job to ask stupid questions, and you do your job very well." I almost want Cologne to stay up for that answer alone.

The coaching carousel continues - Eintracht gets Wolfsburg's Oliver Glasner after all. So Huetter goes from Eintracht (Europa League) to Moenchengladbach (no European qualification), while Glasner goes from Wolfsburg (Champions league) to Eintracht (Europa League).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X