Hollerbach's Geisterspielwurst - Bundesliga 20/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
    I see Hennes VIII has passed. Commiserations G.
    Don't encourage him. Cologne get through four or five goats a year. It gives them something to cry about.

Not that they need an excuse to cry. "Isch binne zu der Trinkhalle gange, det war det det det dat Koellsch net kalte. Isch binne so EMOTIONALE."
    Last edited by treibeis; 21-04-2021, 20:00.

Comment

Ah, Hennes VIII presided over two relegations, but also over the Europa League qualification and the victory over Arsenal, despite 11 regular players being out with injuries.

Poor Hennes IX has had a handful of homegames before the lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
        Don't encourage him. Cologne get through four or five goats a year. It gives them something to cry about.

Not that they need an excuse to cry. "Isch binne zu der Trinkhalle gange, det war det det det dat Koellsch net kalte. Isch binne so EMOTIONALE."
        Kolsch with an English accent. Nice.

I'll have you know that Hennes VIII served us for 11 years. Nine goats in 71 years, with the ninth one having just started his reign, isn't bad. No, for our crying needs, we get ourselves relegated on a regular basis.

Comment

I think you're safe enough now, G-Man.

Comment

Oh no, we're still 16th, with Hertha three games in hand over us. But Augsburg and Werder are getting dragged into the relegation fight. Our rest programme is managable: Freiburg (H), Hertha (A), Schalke (H). The target there should be at least 7 points.

Hertha will struggle with three mid-week games when their weekend opposition is rested. Werder and Augsburg are really in a spiral of poor performances (Heiko Herrlich will get the sack very soon), whereas Mainz are going strong, Bielefeld are showing fight, and Koln are regaining confidence. It's going to get interesting yet.

Comment

What a cracking opener from Duda last night, and his second was nicely taken too. Glad to see Koeln's recovery, would prefer to see Bremen and that choleric arsehole Kohfeldt go down instead. Though I suspect it will be Bielefeld in the end.

Gearing up for Leverkusen v Eintracht this evening, a fixture in which we have a recent tradition of getting thoroughly whupped (though we nearly always beat them at home). Then again, I'm ambivalent about CL qualification. I feel like we may hand it to Dortmund just so they stop crying.

Comment

The first Duda goal has Tor des Monats written all over it. Good luck against the Molsanto Pills. I want Frankfurt to be in the CL, while Adi plays that new wank cup competition. And Bobic planning trips to Sandhausen and Heidenheim.

Meanwhile, Hamburg is getting all the help it can ask for. They are still 3rd on 50 points (though only one point ahead of Kiel, who have two games in hand), and had Dusseldorf and Heidenheim won today, HSV would be 5th, with Kiel breathing down their neck. But both lost today. It's getting tight up there.

Comment

Fussball ist Scheisse.

Comment

Oh, your lot still have it in their own hands.

Comment

I hear Schalke have been relegated to the Super League (badum-tish, here all week).

Ah but seriously folks, are they now the "biggest" club below a European top flight? Based on current size/support, not distant memories or claims of potential?

Comment

HSV are already there

Comment

If Koln and Werrder join HSV and Schalke in the 2. Bundesliga, then that league will include five former European finalists:

Schalke (UEFA Cup 1997)
                          Werder (ECC 1992, UEFA Cup 2009)
                          Koln (UEFA Cup 1986)
                          HSV (European Cup 1980, 1983; ECC 1968, 1977, UEFA Cup 1982)
                          Dusseldorf (ECC 1979)

And if 1860 go up, the Cup Winners' Cup finalist of 1965 will join.

Cup Winners' Cup finalists Jena, Lok Leipzig and 1974 winners Magdeburg are in even lower divisions.

Comment

I was traveling during the week so watched both Dortmund games last night and tonight. Two good, but tight wins: first against Union and then at Wolfsburg. The upcoming schedule isn't great with matches against RB and Leverkusen. Hopefully Dortmund win out, including the DFB Pokal. But to keep Sancho and Haaland, they need to get into the CL.

Comment

Rasenmaeher Bolzer Leipzig will get 25 million euros for Nagelsmann, which is a world record, by miles. As kicker pointed out, nice but not really compensation for Bayern weakening their closest competitors (have Bayern ever done that before? Weaken their nearest rivals?).

Kicker also pointed out that the sagas reflects poorly on Nagelsmann, coming just days after he said he'd see out his contract with Leipzig. I wonder why Nagelsmann was so eager to go to Bayern now. I get that it's his big dream, but he's 33; he has 20 years and more ahead of him in the business. And now is not a great time to become Bayern coach for anybody, when the club must rebuild the squad without much money to spend on players. He probably won't perform miracles with what he has. I'd have let some fall-guy come in, let him flop, and in 2023 sweep in as the saviour.

Comment

Nagelsmann was only at RB for a couple years. He lost Werner this year, he was losing his defensive stalwart next season. It promises to be a bit of struggle for Red Bollox at least in the short term, even with the new kid from Ajax up front. Maybe he just wasn't up for it and feels a bit cheated?

Comment

It's a trend this year: coaches leaving a pretty good gig for what they see as a more glamorous. I can see the attraction for Nagelsmann and Rose, but Hutter going to Gladbach is a mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                    If Koln and Werrder join HSV and Schalke in the 2. Bundesliga, then that league will include five former European finalists:

Schalke (UEFA Cup 1997)
                                    Werder (ECC 1992, UEFA Cup 2009)
                                    Koln (UEFA Cup 1986)
                                    HSV (European Cup 1980, 1983; ECC 1968, 1977, UEFA Cup 1982)
                                    Dusseldorf (ECC 1979)

And if 1860 go up, the Cup Winners' Cup finalist of 1965 will join.

Cup Winners' Cup finalists Jena, Lok Leipzig and 1974 winners Magdeburg are in even lower divisions.
                                    In Spain there's Mallorca, Espanyol and Zaragoza.

Comment

*Cough* Nottingham Forest *Cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                        *Cough* Nottingham Forest *Cough*
                                        And Middlesbrough, and soon to be joined by Fulham

Comment

I was wondering if England ever had at least five in a single lower division

Those three, Ipswich, Wolves, Leeds and Birmingham City would seem likely prospects

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            I was wondering if England ever had at least five in a single lower division

Those three, Ipswich, Wolves, Leeds and Birmingham City would seem likely prospects
                                            You only need to go back to 2016-7 to find eight: Forest, Birmingham, Ipswich, Villa, Leeds, Fulham and Newcastle. This assumes the Fairs Cup is included which it should as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                              You only need to go back to 2016-7 to find eight: Forest, Birmingham, Ipswich, Villa, Leeds, Fulham and Newcastle.
                                              That is some team to omit to mention from your list...

Comment

Plus an unfairly eliminated semi-finalist in Derby County

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                                  That is some team to omit to mention from your list...
                                                  Sorry, and Wolves.

Comment

Roger Schmidt has announced that he will stay for at least another year at PSV Eindhoven. That puts to rest rumours that he might go to Frankfurt. Pity, it would have been fun to see imp's reaction.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X