Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The concentrated, undiluted, Summer transfer window. Hold your noses and swallow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    Diogo Jota eh. Would still really really like a non shit non injury prone CB Backup though.
    Don't think you'll see one. Expect Brewster, Shaqiri and probably Origi to head for the exit though.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post

Don't think you'll see one. Expect Brewster, Shaqiri and probably Origi to head for the exit though.
      Brewster heading to Sheffield United, I knew after his record for us last season that he'd play in the Premier League this season.

Comment

Liverpool are going to insist on a buyback clause. He's in year 3 of a 5 year deal so if he had another year out on loan they wouldn't get much a fee for him, so makes more sense to sell him and leave yourselves the option of bringing him back if he develops sufficiently while he's there. Klopp rates him as a goalscorer but doesn't think he does enough outside of the box.

Comment

Is there a decent 4th cb coming up through the youths/reserves then? Not replacing Lovren and selling Hoever when Gomez and Matip are fairly injury prone (and Gomez seems to have fallen off a cliff form wise) seems foolhardy.
          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 18-09-2020, 22:28.

Comment

Wha the reasoning behind 8 MF and only two subs for the front three (assuming Origi, Shak, Brewster fuck off)?

Comment

I know it's a fantasy, but a 5% levy on all premier league transfers would go a long way to saving clubs teetering on oblivion in the other divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                Is there a decent 4th cb coming up through the youths/reserves then? Not replacing Lovren and selling Hoever when Gomez and Matip are fairly injury prone (and Gomez seems to have fallen off a cliff form wise) seems foolhardy.
                Wasn't Klopp talking up Bobby Koumetio in pre-season? He might get a few runouts in the cups and can't look like any more of an accident waiting to happen than Sepp van den Berg.

I think with the surfeit of midfielders as well that Fabinho and even Henderson could be asked to fill in at CB when needs be.

Comment

Cengiz ?nder joins Leicester on loan from Roma.

Comment

That's a Simeone, Costa, S?arez dream team then.

Comment

We're allegedly chasing Wesley Fofana to cure our defensive ailments. Quite how a pacy French rugby international centre/winger with a terrible tendency not to pass the ball will help is anyone's guess.

Comment

Sean Dyche's pursuit of Dale Stephens bears fruit, finally landing the player *checks notes* four years after he first tried to sign him.

Ashley Westwood has put teacup to lip to sign a new three year deal.

Comment

Beware of Stephens constantly turning to play his defenders into trouble rather than play the way he is facing. Hopefully for you Dyche will quickly drum that out of him, as when he does try to go forward he can make some decent passes and looks a decent player. For me he has been our most infuriating player in the Premier League !

Comment

Lincoln have signed another attacker, Brennan Johnson, on a season long loan deal from Forest. Getting quite the squad now, very exciting. Judging by watching Forest last night, they could have done with him themselves.

Comment

Manchester City have offered the best part of ?40m + Ottamendi for Benfica defender Ruben Dias. I struggling to understand why Benfica haven't bitten City's hand off for this deal, Ruben Dias is bloody awful and has nasty streak in him. He reminds me of Bruno Alves, but not as good and the only reason he has been an ever present in Benfica's first XI is due to him coming up through the youth ranks (of which Jorge Jesus is doing his usual clearing of the decks in favour of expensive, ready-made imports).

I've never been a huge fan of Ottamendi, but I'd say Portuguese league football is about the level he can play comfortably at, so would be happy to see him at Benfica. Whether Benfiquistas will accept an ex-Portista is another thing.

Comment

Steveeeee - have you heard anything about Benfica's interest in Patrick de Paula of Palmeiras?

Comment

It was rumoured when I was in Portugal in August, but not heard anything since then.

Comment

He'd be an great signing for Jorge Jesus. I think Benfica would eventually make a lot of money on him.

Comment

Ross Barkley has gone to Villa on a season long loan. He might stand out a bit more at Villa than Chelsea, but you get the feeling that he will always fall short of the perceived potential that has always been bestowed upon him by others.

Comment

Good player but him and Grealish in the same midfield?

Comment

He might well be looking enviously back at Everton at this stage.

Comment

The most surprising thing I discovered about Ross Barkley today is that he is 6'2". Whenever I have watched a game he is in he seemed to have the presence of someone 4-5" shorter.

Comment

Sportsman's 6'2" or actually 6'2"?

Comment

Sheffield Wednesday have continued their policy of signing fringe and extremely irregular members of the Scotland squad with the addition of Callum Paterson from Cardiff

Comment

Word is Ben Godfrey to Everton is a done deal - 25m plus add-ons, which thanks to a sell-on clause should also mean York don't have any budgetary concerns this season.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                    Sheffield Wednesday have continued their policy of signing fringe and extremely irregular members of the Scotland squad with the addition of Callum Paterson from Cardiff
                                                    Does he still have that rozzer moustache? I'm in shock he's only 25, even for a Scotsman he's an auld looking mid-twenties.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X