Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The concentrated, undiluted, Summer transfer window. Hold your noses and swallow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Brentford thoughts on Jaakko Oksanen, Wimbledon's third Nordic loan signing from Brentford within a year who will be with The Dons next season?

Comment

Cheltenham have signed Josh Griffiths on loan from West Brom. An 18 year old keeper who has played for England u18 and u20s.

He'll be number 1 until Scott Flinders returns from his broken leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        Any Brentford thoughts on Jaakko Oksanen, Wimbledon's third Nordic loan signing from Brentford within a year who will be with The Dons next season?
        Just had two brief sub appearances last season. From the little I can remember he looked like a typical Brentford Scandinavian - good technique and attitude.

Highly thought of by the B team people but a lot of players ahead of him in the queue so a loan move seems like good business for both of us.

Comment

Another day, another Lincoln signing, and another centre back. Former Eagles and Bad Company guitarist Joe Walsh joins. He was last at MK Dons. That's four out and out centre backs now, with two other defenders that can play there if need be. Might be the end of Bolger now, as he isn't perhaps as comfortable on the ball as the others. Who knows?

Comment

Willian is confirmed as an Arsenal player, on a lucrative and long contract for a 32 year old during financial uncertainty.
            It seems that Arsenal are now a Kia Joorabchian project, and are becoming more agent-led rather than relying on scouting. Presumably Joorabchian has promised them someone else in return for sorting out Willian like this.

Comment

A lot of talk in various places that it's going to be joorabchian client Andreas Perreira. I can see why he's keen to move. It didn't work out for him this season, and now he's behind fernandes and pogba, and mctominay and even fred for a midfield spot. He's a decent player who could really have done with a more settled team around him as he was trying to settle into premier league football. But there is a real sense that his window of opportunity has closed, so he may as well move on.

Comment

I have never seen anything in Perreira. He's not a bad player, but there's not one memorable thing that he's done in his Manchester United career.

Comment

Good to see Arsenal can afford these salaries in such straitened times.

Comment

Pay Out to Help Out.

Comment

With Henderson having a distinct possibility of being the No 1 at Old Trafford next season, Sheffield United set to fill the vacancy with Aaron Ramsdale.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                        With Henderson having a distinct possibility of being the No 1 at Old Trafford next season, Sheffield United set to fill the vacancy with Aaron Ramsdale.

I know that his foil was Mr. Grimsdale, but whenever I hear Ramsdale's name mentioned I always repeat it in a Norman Wisdom voice, as indeed I have just done.

Comment

Will Norris joins Burnley from Wolves.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                            Will Norris joins Burnley from Wolves.
                            A surprise to many Ipswich fans who watched him last season.

Comment

Didn't Arsenal used to have a policy of only offering very short contracts for over 30s?

Comment

I thought that was Manchester United? Maybe both, I suppose. Still, it's reassuring to see Arsenal showing confidence that their financial standing won't be too badly affected by the CV pandemic. Imagine the outcry if they'd been laying off low paid staff left right and centre, then stumped up a king's ransom on signing a 32 year old free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post
                                  I thought that was Manchester United? Maybe both, I suppose. Still, it's reassuring to see Arsenal showing confidence that their financial standing won't be too badly affected by the CV pandemic. Imagine the outcry if they'd been laying off low paid staff left right and centre, then stumped up a king's ransom on signing a 32 year old free agent.
                                  It should be standard operating procedure for any club operating with a budget constraint, which is in theory all clubs.

Comment

We've signed Luke Amos from Spurs on three year contract for a little under a million pounds. We had him on loan all last year and the fan consensus was a resounding "meh!' Warburton clearly rates him, but unless he shows something early I can see him becoming our favourite boo-boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post

A surprise to many Ipswich fans who watched him last season.
                                      Is this because he wasn't up to much? He was only on loan at Ipswich, wasn't he?

Norris was very good for Cambridge when playing just one league below where Ipswich are, prior to moving on to Wolves. Before (and also whilst at) Cambridge he was at Royston Town. If his career is stalling, I would be a bit sad about that. But he can only be joining Burnley as a back-up, given how good and relatively young Pope is (who also apparently played for Cambridge, but I don't remember him doing so, I must admit).

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

It should be standard operating procedure for any club operating with a budget constraint, which is in theory all clubs.
                                        Not offering 2-3 contracts to 30-something year olds as a hard policy is one of those daft 'received wisdom' ideas from another age. Modern clubs look at the player's performance instead of making rash judgements based solely on their age.

Comment

Barnsley put in a bid to buy fullback Reggie Cannon from FC Dallas

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

I thought Tan Utd weren't allowed to sign any players until they've paid Nantes.
                                            Their ban must be on hold while their appeal is delayed because they did end up signing Kieffer Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post
                                              Chelsea used to (and ostensibly still do) have a policy of offering only 1-year deals to over-30s. It wouldn't surprise me if that's partly why Willian wanted to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                                Is this because he wasn't up to much? He was only on loan at Ipswich, wasn't he?

Norris was very good for Cambridge when playing just one league below where Ipswich are, prior to moving on to Wolves. Before (and also whilst at) Cambridge he was at Royston Town. If his career is stalling, I would be a bit sad about that. But he can only be joining Burnley as a back-up, given how good and relatively young Pope is (who also apparently played for Cambridge, but I don't remember him doing so, I must admit).
                                                Yes, he was on loan at Ipswich last season, playing 20 games. The Ipswich team in front of him was generally a shambles, which wouldn't have helped, but he certainly seemed to have plenty of mistakes in him, the most spectacular of which was Peterborough's second here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxGsLVe6HtY.

Comment

I thought the reason Willian went to Arsenal was that they'd offered him a three year contract while Chelsea only offered him a two year one. From what I gathered, the Arsenal contract paid less per week but was worth more overall. I saw an argument on Twitter in which an Arsenal supporter was claiming that he'd taken a pay cut because Arsenal, only for it to be pointed out that the extra 52 weeks on the contract meant that this wasn't really the case.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                                                    Barnsley put in a bid to buy fullback Reggie Cannon from FC Dallas
                                                    Highlight films can be deceptive, but he looks really good going forward. Not much footage of him actually defending though.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X