Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The concentrated, undiluted, Summer transfer window. Hold your noses and swallow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nsiala was excellent at Shrewsbury. I don't think it worked out at Ipswich, but then he was in a struggling team, at higher level, different partner, had an injury, etc, etc. He's got the attributes so as usual with defenders, it probably depends on whether he's being signed with a plan in mind or whether he's just someone who's big, athletic and cheaply available.

NickSTFU Would be able to offer a more technical assessment.

Comment

Most Ipswich fans would be glad to see the back of Nsiala, but I think that's a little unfair. He started well enough but was sent off in one of his first games when Fernando Forestieri did what Fernando Forestieri does, and he put in a disastrous performance on his return against QPR. Matt Pennington then came in on loan and Nsiala couldn't get his place back. Last (this?) season he was injured in pre-season, and was then never going to displace Lukes Woolfenden (academy starlet) or Chambers (apparently undroppable stalwart), so he went to Bolton on loan.

His main problem with the fans is that he is seen - amongst others - as symbolising the destruction of the team carried out by Paul Hurst. The purchases of Nsiala and Shrewsbury team-mate Jon Nolan were effectively funded by the sale of Martyn Waghorn to Derby and were the most striking example of Hurst replacing proven if unremarkable Division 2 players with untested players from the lower leagues. That policy didn't work out so well and all those involved are guilty by association to some fans. Nsiala has shown at times that he could do a good job, but it's probably for the best if he moves on. Don't watch this, though.

[URL]https://twitter.com/questtv/status/1228768756052168704[/URL]

To me, Norwood looks like the lower-/non-league player he has been throughout his career, but Ipswich are a bit short of strikers, so I'd be very surprised if he was allowed to leave.

Comment

So far, Lincoln have signed a new keeper from Colchester (Ethan Ross), whom I suspect might be second choice. We were linked with Keiran O'Hara who was at Burton last season, on loan from Man United.

We've signed a ball-playing centre half from the Netherlands, who has a sideline in modelling https://www.vice.com/nl/article/wj9w...-montsma-model (excellent cheek bones, in fairness), James Jones from Crewe (is he worth getting excited about? Might be bit of a coup) and Conor McGrandles from MK who looks like Steve Rogers prior to becoming Captain America. Looks like he'd be blown over by a gentle breeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
          Don't watch this, though.
          Haha. I'm not sure what's the funnier; poor Toto's OG or the Wycombe player having the cheek to celebrate it like he'd just smashed one in from 30 yards.

Comment

^ Neither are funny!

Nsiala was pretty good for us and I thought we might go back in for him but Evatt seems to have a clear idea of what and who he wants.

We've just added to our defence with Ricardo Santos (ex D&R and Dartford)and a keeper, Billy Crellin, on loan from Fleetwood. I dont know if any OTFers know of them? Since signing Doyle and Sarcevic, the others weve signed are players I've not heard of previously.

Comment

Nsiala was great for Southport. There was a fairly long gap between him signing and actually playing, as we had to wait for international clearance following a brief spell he had playing in Vietnam.

Comment

I thought Toto was pretty good when he played for Salop. He made the very occasional mistake but seemed to be a leader in defence.

Comment

Salop have made three signings

Rekeil Pyke - strker who played under Sam Ricketts at Wrexham. Has apparently scored 8 goals in 78 appearances but "appearances" probably includes being sent on as a sub in the 92nd minute and stuff like that.
                  Josh Daniels - winger from Glenavon, which is odd as Rickettsball hasn't hitherto involved wing-play
                  Scott High - central midfielder on loan for the season from Huddersfield

Hard to predict how they will do.

Comment

Liam Sercombe becomes Cheltenham's 4th signing of the summer so far. I'm quite excited by this one.

Our other signings so far:

Andy Williams - striker from Northampton. Scored in the playoff final and we have been linked with him for each of the last few windows.
                    Finn Azaz - young midfielder on loan from WBA
                    Lewis Freestone - Left-sided defender signed permanently having been released by Brighton.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      Salop have made three signings

Josh Daniels - winger from Glenavon, which is odd as Rickettsball hasn't hitherto involved wing-play

Hard to predict how they will do.
                      My prediction for Daniels is that he'll be played out of position like Whalley. He'll be kept out of the team by same, then when SuperShaun has a couple of ineffective games (for whatever reason) Josh will be plunged into the first team without warning, away at Fleetwood, not having seen daylight for 6 months. He'll predictably have a 'mare in a 4-1 defeat and disappear into the reserves, to be quietly moved on in January 2022.

I hope I'm wrong and that he and Udoh play either side of Cummings in the most exciting Town forward line-up since Kevin Langmead and Duane Darby.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post

I hope I'm wrong and that he and Udoh play either side of Cummings in the most exciting Town forward line-up since Kevin Langmead and Duane Darby.
                        I'm presuming that's tongue in cheek, but there's something about Jason Cummings. I get the feeling that if he gets fully fit and is coached well and gets a couple of goals then he could be the new Grant Holt. Or he will be in and out of the side (and the nightclubs and the papers) and we will talk about that goal against Liverpool in ten years time and all shake our heads sadly about how it derailed.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                          Finn Azaz - young midfielder on loan from WBA
                          Best name on the thread so far. If the local paper doesn't say Azaz Adds Pizazz when he gets a late winner, then journalism deserves to die as a profession.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

I'm presuming that's tongue in cheek
                            Hell, yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I'm hearing that Moore to QPR was never a done deal and there are a few clubs chasing him, with Tan Utd favourites to close the deal.
                              I thought Tan Utd weren't allowed to sign any players until they've paid Nantes.

Comment

Oh, I do hope you're right.

Edit : in fact, I see their appeal against the ban has been delayed for a second time recently for unspecified reasons.
                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 16-08-2020, 07:56.

Comment

I see Burton have nabbed their second former Lincoln defender in a week. Michael Bostwick joins Neal Eardley. Few City fans crying that we didn't try and re-sign Bozzy, but I think Appleton's plans are pretty clear. He wants a younger squad and an opportunity to develop players. Burton have got a good deal there, he's a no nonsense, committed centre half, though does lack pace. Will always be fondly remembered at Sincil Bank.

Comment

Alexis Sanchez is a wasteman.

Comment

Oxford United have signed Sean Clare from Hearts. That leaving us for bigger and better things a couple of summers ago has gone well, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                        Any Lincoln or Tranmere opinion on midfielder Alex Woodyard who Wimbledon are rumoured to be signing following his release by Peterborough?
                                        Confirmed this arvo.

Seems his dad was a Dons fan at Plough Lane when we were there before. Which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                                          H

NickSTFU Would be able to offer a more technical assessment.
                                          I am not sure about that, he was obviously big, strong and athletic, but he could play a bit and often picked a pass.

However, I do think he had an excellent partner in Matt Sadler, who was probably the 'brains' behind the partnership. So maybe he was lacking the speed of thought for a higher level, where players have better movement and better 'football brains'.

He was also part of an extraordinary team, where everything just clicked. What's interesting is the apparent decline of all our permanent signings and management staff since that season. Remarkable really.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post

I am not sure about that, he was obviously big, strong and athletic, but he could play a bit and often picked a pass.

However, I do think he had an excellent partner in Matt Sadler, who was probably the 'brains' behind the partnership. So maybe he was lacking the speed of thought for a higher level, where players have better movement and better 'football brains'.

He was also part of an extraordinary team, where everything just clicked. What's interesting is the apparent decline of all our permanent signings and management staff since that season. Remarkable really.
                                            Yeah, this.

Comment

Richard Keogh, the ex-Derby hurt in a drunken car crash with teammates one, joins MK Dons. It seems apt that an unsavoury character joins them.

I’ve also noted two Barnsley players have joined the same Belgian side on loan over the past couple of days. I assume they’re owned by the same person and it’s a player swap type deal, like what happened at Charlton when Duchatelet first bought them.

Comment

You are correct. Chien Lee is the owner of both clubs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chien_Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                  You are correct. Chien Lee is the owner of both clubs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chien_Lee
                                                  Has/is that working the other way and you’re getting any players coming the other way? I would have thought that McGeehan would be more than useful at League One level, from the handful of times I’ve seen him play for various clubs, is that not the case now then?

Comment

Alex Baptiste coming back on a free transfer. Last time we signed him, it was on a Bosman and we had to make "an eye watering offer" (c/o the then Derby chairman - oh the irony).

It was splashing that kind of cash that's led to him joining us this time, 2 divisions lower and on about a tenth of the salary.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X