Europa League Qualifying rounds 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europa League Qualifying rounds 2020-2021

This time last year, Barry Town's Europa League qualifying campaign was already over.

Qualifying starts in August. The preliminary round is going to be a one off game either home or away, and UEFA have announced the games will be behind closed doors.

That's a pisser, but since our government is determined to destroy the football industry in this country,,as well as the pubs, theatres,cinemas and live music it's all moot anyway.

Comment

Do they expect *google search Welsh champions 19/20* Connah’s Quay Nomads and equally as small and, most likely, part-time teams from across the continent to pay for their own testing or are they subsidising it?

Comment

Well you get some money for qualifying. It's the basically the way that TNS have been doped over the last 8 years. (And why when they dropped from the CL qualifier gravy train this year their night club attached to the ground was put into administration and they wound up the club playing in the English system and moved in paying tenants, even before their legal case against the FAW was thrown out.)

Comment

UEFA calls them "solidarity payments." Last season it was 220,000 Euros just for showing up for the pre-qualifying round.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleagu...nue-is-shared/

Comment

Yeah it's to pay for your flights when you're travelling to out of the way places where only one plane lands a day. Like Wales. *bah-dum-tish*

Comment

The draw is a week today.

Comment

(I believe some people know this guy )

https://twitter.com/simon_price01/status/1289674380767662082?s=19

Comment

(He's since corrected it from Champions League to Europa League)

Comment

If he’d had the right competition it might’ve been funnier.

Comment

Yes his follow up tweet had that "fuck, I fucking fucked up the joke" vibe

Comment

I’m not whining, anyway. By my reckoning, we’re lucky to be playing any kind of European football next season.

(If indeed we still are.)

Comment

I expect Mourinho to start moaning about fixture congestion by Xmas (if he's still there).

Comment

He’ll probably moan about it even if he isn’t.

Comment

Regulations in the event of travel bans (applies to both the EL and CL)

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tion-says-uefa

I'm not sure if this would affect anyone currently. The UK government has an exemption for elite athletes and wouldn't want to upset the TV companies or BRCs..

Comment

We're fucked so.

Comment

As long as you've got sufficient notice, you can move the game to a neutral ground, but last minute bans will create a mess.

Perhaps the English clubs should have contingencies in place with clubs in 'safe' countries to use their grounds at short notice?

Comment

Where are we going to go? We live on an island , there's nowhere neutral we can safely go to. Our government only let in people from about 7 countries without a 14 day quarantine. Wherever we go away , we'll have to quarantine for 14 days on our return, which will virtually bring us to the next round, I can't see any way that this will work for us.

Comment

No exemptions for sport?

Comment

Not from this government, they're determined to close down all leisure activities in this country.

Comment

Wiki:

The draw for the preliminary round was held on 9 August 2020, 13:00 CEST.[45] The matches will be played on 20 August 2020

[For some reason they will come back in 24 hours time and do the 1QR then rather than doing both rounds together].
                                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 09-08-2020, 12:08.

Comment

Barry's trip will be to a country currently considered high risk:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices...-faroe-islands

However, in the event that travel restrictions apply:

Four countries (Poland, Hungary, Greece and Cyprus) have provided neutral venue hubs which allow matches to be played at their stadiums without restrictions
                                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E...ID-19_pandemic
                                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 09-08-2020, 12:14.

Comment

Been reading about Gjilani in a book I'm reviewing for WSC

Comment

Feel gutted that I can't go to Faroes to see Barry play.

Fucking Covid.

Comment

The two Montenegrin sides could travel together to Andorra.......

Comment

Working...
                                                  X