No announcement yet.

Starter for TEN; Anyone for TEN-is? Bo Derek: Scottish Football 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking my lifelong rule of resisting a gratuitous dig at Timothy, wtf are they at? Send the cnuts to the Emirati League full time

Comment

Could this season still get declared null & void or did the SPFL get around to agreeing a tipping point for when we could curtail the season but still award titles and relegations, without the shit-fight from last season? For example, could Celtic deliberately derail this season, it gets declared null & void and so TEN-IN-A-ROW is still on the cards? Of course, that would also mean no relegation or promotion and the Jambos staying in the Championship. Oh well, every cloud….

Comment

Oh God, that's going to happen isn't it? The season ends early and we get an endless bunfight for the rest of time over whether any title awarded is legitimate because the most important thing in the world over people actually dying of a deadly virus is to argue whether one bald man beat another bald man to a comb ten consecutive times or not.

Comment

Just play the Celtic v Rangers games. In the unlikely event that Celtic win the head to head, the season is null and void. In the far more likely event that Rangers win by a mile, that's conclusive and the title is well earned.

Comment

The SPL should

a) expect and accept Government halting the season, then

b) agree that it will resume when safe, to

C) complete the 6 or 7 fixtures necessary to get every club up to 22 (IE each has played all the others home and away

d) confirm Rangers as champions and whoever fills the relegation places

E) ditto for SCL

F) justify all the above as force majeure

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
              Hibs it would appear made a quite reasonable request for the remaining Celtic players to get tested before tonight's match, and the request has been refused, and Hibs have also been warned they would be punished if they refuse to play on safety grounds. One rule for them, etc...
              As you say, reasonable request by Hibs. Shit response from Celtic, considering the circumstances. No surprise there though. Even shittier response from SPFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                Just play the Celtic v Rangers games. In the unlikely event that Celtic win the head to head, the season is null and void. In the far more likely event that Rangers win by a mile, that's conclusive and the title is well earned.
                That would keep Sky happy. All they care about are the Rangers v Celtic games.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                  Oh God, that's going to happen isn't it? The season ends early and we get an endless bunfight for the rest of time over whether any title awarded is legitimate because the most important thing in the world over people actually dying of a deadly virus is to argue whether one bald man beat another bald man to a comb ten consecutive times or not.
                  Regardless of if and when this happens, you’re right, there will be endless bunfights, combined with the usual whataboutery, from both sets of odious fans will reach epic proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                    The SPL should

a) expect and accept Government halting the season, then

b) agree that it will resume when safe, to

C) complete the 6 or 7 fixtures necessary to get every club up to 22 (IE each has played all the others home and away

d) confirm Rangers as champions and whoever fills the relegation places

E) ditto for SCL

F) justify all the above as force majeure
                    Sensible suggestions which means there’s not a chance that any of this will happen. Regardless of what does happen expect plenty petty whining from those two Glasgow clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by CY_Boaby View Post
                      Could this season still get declared null & void or did the SPFL get around to agreeing a tipping point for when we could curtail the season but still award titles and relegations, without the shit-fight from last season? For example, could Celtic deliberately derail this season, it gets declared null & void and so TEN-IN-A-ROW is still on the cards? Of course, that would also mean no relegation or promotion and the Jambos staying in the Championship. Oh well, every cloud….
                      That last bit would be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by DPDPDPDP View Post

Sensible suggestions which means there’s not a chance that any of this will happen. Regardless of what does happen expect plenty petty whining from those two Glasgow clubs.
                        You don't think that Sturgeon will insist on the shutdown, regardless of how much the gruesome twosome gurn?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post

You don't think that Sturgeon will insist on the shutdown, regardless of how much the gruesome twosome gurn?
                          I’ve no doubt that Sturgeon will do the right thing (whatever that happens to be and whenever that happens to be). Regardless one or both of the gruesome twosome will be gurning.

Comment

Shut it down now though for god's sake.
                            Same delusion here in Ireland as the SPL are having, Irish Times seem to think it's grand having the 6 nations. Doubtless the eggball classes are all scrupulously social distanced and get their maids to wear hazmat suits when doing the big shop.

Comment

Livingston’s match with Aberdeen on Livi’s ahem “all weather” pitch has just been called off because of a waterlogged pitch. So it’s basically an “all weather” pitch unless it’s frosty or it rains. These pitches shouldn’t be allowed in the professional game and certainly not at the so called top level. Farce!

Comment

Dear Scott

Please just fuck off, you're an embarrassment to yourself and this football club.

But the hordes still adore you so please stay but tone it down a bit

Your special loving friend, mate and chairman

Pete x

Comment

Given the ill-advised Dubai trip and Lennon's spectacular tin-foil-hatted rant earlier in the week, Broony barely breaks into Celtic's top 3 embarassments this month.
                                  Last edited by blameless; 21-01-2021, 16:10.

Comment

If Celtic were to finish third and not win the Cup*, they'd play in the UEFA Conference League.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/sc...-competitions/

*Not sure what would happen if one of the top 2 also won the Cup.

Comment

Rangers can’t be caught now, which is probably buying Lennon time to indulge in more tone deaf rants while Celtic search for the right man.

I don’t know what level he’ll rock up at next. If I was him I’d give it up.

Comment

I think I said it earlier on in this thread, he’s been a manager for ten years and he’s no more clued up now than he was at the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                          If Celtic were to finish third and not win the Cup*, they'd play in the UEFA Conference League.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/sc...-competitions/

*Not sure what would happen if one of the top 2 also won the Cup.
                                          Satchmo, unfortunately Aberdeen and Hibs (third & fourth) are too inconsistent to get above Celtic, although (in my best Kevin Keegan voice) I would love it, love it if it happened, especially if it was Aberdeen

Comment

It would be brilliant, even with Rangers and fuckin Gerrard winning it.

Comment

Now that he's been there a bit, how is son of Harkes doing at Dundee United?

Comment

It must also really grate with the Celtic support seeing the Blessed Brendan doing so well at Leicester, as he "Traded Immortality for Mediocrity". I think they might have displayed that banner the wrong way round.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                                                  Now that he's been there a bit, how is son of Harkes doing at Dundee United?
                                                  I really like him, especially when he cut off his lockdown man-bun.
                                                  He gets a rep of sideways passing from some of our overcritical online pundits but he keeps things ticking and keeps possession​​​.

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post
                                                    I think I said it earlier on in this thread, he’s been a manager for ten years and he’s no more clued up now than he was at the beginning.
                                                    I also can’t believe there would be many takers for your “would you want him at your club?” question. At any level.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X