Starter for TEN; Anyone for TEN-is? Bo Derek: Scottish Football 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DG forgot about Kelly Marie.

We've reported ourselves for a historic instance of non payment of tax - rumour is a supplier paying cash in hand. This likely has arisen due to one of the current major shareholders being a charity and the level of governance that requires.

More worrying Renfrewshire based shenanigans is news that when Morton fans take ownership of the club the current owners keep the ground. Never a good move to split ownership, even of uncovered away ends where the choice is to stand in a puddle or on top of a smooth plastic bench, one Mark Yardley screamer away from a broken neck.

Comment

The Buds have never been in financial bother before, to my knowledge. Some, like Dundee and (especially) L*v*ngst*n, have flirted with multiple instances of administration, non-payment of tax and short-changing creditors, but down Paisley way they tend to be run a bit better than that.

Comment

KingsburySaint alas my memory of Ms McKinnon's chart stardom is only too clear

At about the same time, St Mirren sacked their manager for reasons allegedly including misuse of petty cash (source: Michael Crick)...

Comment

I hadn't heard about petty cash before, I always thought the story was sacked for swearing. I think the correct phrase is "working yer ticket"

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
            KingsburySaint alas my memory of Ms McKinnon's chart stardom is only too clear

At about the same time, St Mirren sacked their manager for reasons allegedly including misuse of petty cash (source: Michael Crick)...
            I wonder what happened to him?
            He was clearly a wrong 'un, no self-respecting club would have given him 2nd chance.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsburySaint View Post
              More worrying Renfrewshire based shenanigans is news that when Morton fans take ownership of the club the current owners keep the ground. Never a good move to split ownership
              Yup, this is fucking disastrous, although we eventually got lucky. Still, four years in Sheffield ages one...

Comment

Originally posted by gavc23 View Post

I’ve only today noticed you’re in Cockenzie? We’re in the Pans, so feel free to wave next time you’re in Lidl.
                Sorry Gav, somehow managed to miss ths, Top or Bottom?

You a Panner originally?

Comment

Originally posted by DPDPDPDP View Post

Duncan, I can’t recall anything dodgy regarding St Mirren, however the same can’t be said for their opponents on Wednesday. Ho, ho, ho.
                  dunno if jambo supporters would agree with you there

Comment

Livingston's plastic pitch has frozen. Game v Aberdeen off.

Could they not have heating under it?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                      Livingston's plastic pitch has frozen. Game v Aberdeen off.

Could they not have heating under it?
                      Satch, the correct term is “all weather” pitch which is somewhat ironic given the postponement! These pitches should be banned.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/status/1344680784909758465

Comment

Did he mean he’s taken them as far down the table as he can?

Comment

Originally posted by DPDPDPDP View Post

Satch, the correct term is “all weather” pitch which is somewhat ironic given the postponement! These pitches should be banned.
                            Was at a Airdrie v Raith game a few year back that should've been off. Pitch was brutal, very Airdrie I suppose.

Comment

Are Turiff United having to field youth team players or something? They lost 13-1 today at Fraserburgh.

Comment

The Highland League season has only just started due to COVID restrictions and this was just Turriff's second game. They lost the first 5-1, so I suspect they have players self-isolating.

Comment

League One and Two suspended until at least 31/01 and the Scottish Cup suspended too.

Nonsense decision. The top flight in Scotland has seen serious disruption due to Covid. Players regularly testing positive, Others having to isolate. Games postponed. The whole mess around awarding victories in games that can't be played due to Covid, only for the decision to be overturned on appeal.

Contrast that with the lower leagues. No mandatory testing, but are we really saying that lower league players have routinely contracted an asymptomatic infection? That they've shown no symptoms at all and are acting as super spreaders?

I'm not buying it. So far we've seen little disruption to lower league games. Players are advised not to share the communal showers and to turn up wearing kit and then leave after the game still wearing that kit where possible. They're not travelling to games on a single coach. They're training twice a week as usual, so they don't have contact with teammates every day. With those players relying on employment outside the game for their main wage, are we really suggesting that players are covering up their Covid infections and risking their livelihoods?

If we need to suspend football in Scotland then suspend football. Not just the lower leagues, but all of football. We've got a game going ahead tonight where one team went for a jolly in Dubai - said team came back with a player who tested positive and are facing the prospect of up to 13 players and 3 coaches isolating because of close contact.

The evidence doesnt support suspending the lower leagues whilst allowing the comparative Typhoid Mary that is the top flight to continue. Either stop all football in Scotland or no football.

Comment

All football has to stop. There will be asymptotic spreaders at all levels of the game, this shit is rampant.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                      All football has to stop. There will be asymptotic spreaders at all levels of the game, this shit is rampant.
                                      I'm not buying that.

Some players may be asymptomatic at first but training twice a week and playing 90 minutes on a Saturday is going to take it's toll if you've got Covid. You'd very quickly start to show some symptoms.

Comment

At least 15%, maybe a third of folk with Covid get no symptoms. The new variant may have an even higher rate.

Comment

I'm with Spoony. From what Sturgeon has been saying (also Jason Leitch in his regular spot on Off the Ball) I expect the SPL and SCL to stop shortly

Comment

Those people play a 90 minute football game every week?

Comment

That's not how this virus works. Plenty of sportspeople have been asymptomatic or had it very mild.

Comment

Sturgeon should already have acted really. Probably waiting for the SPL and SCL to do the decent thing.

Comment

That'll take a while.

Comment

Hibs it would appear made a quite reasonable request for the remaining Celtic players to get tested before tonight's match, and the request has been refused, and Hibs have also been warned they would be punished if they refuse to play on safety grounds. One rule for them, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X