No announcement yet.

Starter for TEN; Anyone for TEN-is? Bo Derek: Scottish Football 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you think Albion Rovers will do this season torres? Early days of course, but I can't believe any team will be as bad as Brechin.

Comment

Berwick and COVID have rescued them the last couple of seasons and I expect Brechin will do the same this season. The TV money from previous cup encounters against Celtic and Rangers is now well in the past and with a new manager (Brian Reid) you can pretty much expect a whole lot of comings and going’s with the squad.

I think most fans would settle for second to bottom as a few seasons in the LL would probably see the end of the club.

Those heady days of play-offs and cup runs seem to belong to a different era.
      Last edited by torres; 26-10-2020, 14:29.

Comment

Brechin City's prolonged collapse over three years has been pretty incredible. A real shame. Given the strength of the Highland (well, Brora....) and Lowland Leagues nowadays it seems it will be really tough for the club that finishes bottom of League 2 to stay in the league..... that's assuming we get a full season in of course.

Relatively pleased with saving a draw late on yesterday against an admittedly poor Celtic. We'd gone something like eight home matches against them without avoiding defeat, and in some of them we were beaten after half an hour. Hopefully we can give them a decent game again at Hampden on Sunday.

Comment

Hope so, shackleford. Elgin City ( who aren’t in my list but are the first team I watched as a kid) have started the season really well.

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post

Lennon is an absolutely awful manager with no tactical nouse whatsoever. Add to that his hopeless forays into the transfer market and you end up with the squad he’s now lumbered with.

The questions I put to fans are. Has he improved as a manager after ten years of club management and if he suddenly became available tomorrow would anyone employ him.

It would be a firm no from me to both questions.
            lennons employed because hes a company man and thats it
            i remember him early in his managerial career when celtic were being beaten by ross county in a cup semi,he looked totally lost and out of his depth and i dont think hes developed any since then

Comment

Berwick and COVID have rescued them the last couple of seasons and I expect Brechin will do the same this season. The TV money from previous cup encounters against Celtic and Rangers is now well in the past and with a new manager (Brian Reid) you can pretty much expect a whole lot of comings and going’s with the squad.

I think most fans would settle for second to bottom as a few seasons in the LL would probably see the end of the club.

Those heady days of play-offs and cup runs seem to belong to a different era.
              covid never rescued albion rovers,it rescued brechin

Comment

If the league had not been called Albion and Brechin would have been in a race for second bottom. Albion would probably have survived but it was not a given.

Comment

I wonder if Brechin regret winning the League 1 playoffs. They were some way off 2nd place as I recall.

Would they still be bumping around the middle of League 1 if they'd stayed down? Are there any other "I wish we hadn't won that" moments in Scottish football?

Comment

Unfortunately it’s been an utter shitfest for them since that promotion.

Comment

If the league had not been called Albion and Brechin would have been in a race for second bottom. Albion would probably have survived but it was not a given.
                      no it wasnt but id suggest brechin were as likely to reach safety as rangers were to pip celtic to the title

Comment

Originally posted by shackleford View Post

He started the 2016 final for Hibs.
                        Completely forgot about him playing for Hibs.

Comment

Well played to all concerned here. I bought one of these beauts earlier in the year, for the Frightened Rabbit / Tiny Changes angle rather than the Hearts angle, but fair play to them for getting involved (and they are auctioning the matchworn shirts afterwards).

https://twitter.com/_Bands_FC/status/1322423617423052801?s=20

Comment

Context here

Comment

Congratulations to Hearts who beat Hibs by the odd goal in three after extra time to make it to the Scottish Cup Final for the second season in a row. Meanwhile it's like Groundhog Day for my mob at Hampden, Celtic two up at half time so it looks like it'll be a repeat of the 2019 final.

Comment

I caught the disjointed Sportscene highlights from Saturday night and Hibs will be kicking themselves for throwing that one away, but congrats to the Jambos – had they played like that last season they wouldn’t be a Championship team now. It’s hard to see them stopping Celtic claiming their quadruple treble, but they can worry about that next month and just enjoy the moment.

But as far as I’m concerned, the result of the weekend was in League Two as Brechin City finally won a game, winning 2-0 at Albion Rovers. So does that now settle the argument as to who’s the shittest between that pair?

In the Championship, Dunfermline have maximum points and shoot to the top of the table, and special mention to Morton for their stunning 3-2 comeback win over Ayr Utd. 3 goals from the 83rd min onwards stunning the Honest Men.

In League One, Cove Rangers and Falkirk are setting the pace whilst Partick Thistle just haven’t got started yet as they lost on their travels again, this time at Cove. I'm sure blameless can let us know if they've just been unlucky or are out to emulate Brechin City.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Beast View Post
                                  How do you think Albion Rovers will do this season torres? Early days of course, but I can't believe any team will be as bad as Brechin.
                                  It's a rare gift to be able to achieve a 100% prediction rate.

Comment

Very surprised to see Fife at the heights of the championship, I'm assuming Rovers will come crashing down the table soon enough.

Comment

https://twitter.com/mfrnews/status/1324056159603621894?s=21

Comment

Friday night football to look forward to with 4 Premiership fixtures and 1 from the Championship. This will be St Mirren's first game in 27 days due to numerous Covid outbreaks, so I was going to use this as an excuse when Dundee Utd extend our losing streak to 7 games, but Sparta Prague has just blown that one right out the water.

Given the state of Celtic at the moment, the Jambos might win the Scottish Cup after all. If Hearts won, would this count as a relegated team also wining the Scottish Cup in the same season?

Comment

Maybe would be for the best if Raith never play in front of a crowd again. Unbelievable run.

Comment

I believe that this is the first time that McDiarmid Park has featured on US television

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                              I believe that this is the first time that McDiarmid Park has featured on US television
                                              What is?

Comment

This evening's League Cup match against Dundee United is on ESPN+

Comment

Surely St Johnstone's home games against the old firm over the years, which are always moved from the traditional 3pm Saturday timeslot to suit TV, have been shown live on US TV? Or have the Super J's been the subject of US-led boycott? I wonder what they did.

Comment

The Scottish Premiership has been seriously underepresented on US television for decades. And even when games were shown, it was never more than one each weekend.

The ESPN deal is new this season.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X